Vikings vs Eagles GDT Thread

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
tpoff217

Re: Vikings vs Eagles GDT Thread

Post by tpoff217 »

Q, I'll be at the game as well and can't blame you for not rocking the Vikings purple in the Linc. You'll just have to wear it underneath to support them. I can say that I haven't noticed too many outrageous things happening with other fans at games but I know we have that bad reputation for a reason.
tpoff217

Post by tpoff217 »

monsterpile wrote:
tpoff217 wrote:As an Eagles fan, I think the Vikings defense is going to have a field day with us next week with Lane Johnson suspended. The Redskins had a field day against the rookie offensive lineman we started in place of Johnson this week. Wentz was sacked 5 times and even on the plays he wasn't sacked he had no time whatsoever. He still did decent for a rookie quarterback but I think next week you guys are definitely going to expose him for the rookie that he is.

I watched a chunk of the first half and and then a bit more when I was cleaning the house. Unfortunately I didn't get to see Wentz much because he didn't get the ball.

Who woulda thunk it Dallas is sitting atop that division at 5-1 with a Rookie that wasn't supposed to play or actually be any good and now you wonder if Romo is healthy they should actually let him play. The NFL is such a fun league because you really never know what is gonna happen.

Yea the Eagles offense really didn't get a chance in the first half due to the kick off return and the pick-6.

Yea i never expected Dallas to be leading the division with a rookie qb and rookie running back doing the brunt of the work, especially with Dez Bryant being out the last 3 weeks. I honestly think it isn't even a question at this point, Prescott should continue to start over Romo. He's developed pretty good chemistry with that team and it's not worth messing it up at this point. Even if Romo came back it probably would only be for a game or two before he gets hurt again anyway.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

tpoff217 wrote:Q, I'll be at the game as well and can't blame you for not rocking the Vikings purple in the Linc. You'll just have to wear it underneath to support them. I can say that I haven't noticed too many outrageous things happening with other fans at games but I know we have that bad reputation for a reason.

So how did you end up an Eagles and Wolves fan? That's an interesting combination.
tpoff217

Post by tpoff217 »

I became a Wolves fan because of Garnett, it was during his first few years that I started playing and watching basketball and he was always my favorite because the intensity he played with. After he left I still was a fan of his but always stuck with the Wolves in hope that they would turn it around some day, and its finally starting to look like that might happen.

As for the Eagles, I live in Pennsylvania about equal distance from Philly, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore so I kind of had to pick one of those teams to root for when I was young. The bitching and moaning of Steelers and Ravens fans over who was better always annoyed me so I chose the eagles so I didn't have to deal with all that crap.

One of these days, one of these teams will have to get a championship, hopefully!
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

tpoff217 wrote:I became a Wolves fan because of Garnett, it was during his first few years that I started playing and watching basketball and he was always my favorite because the intensity he played with. After he left I still was a fan of his but always stuck with the Wolves in hope that they would turn it around some day, and its finally starting to look like that might happen.

As for the Eagles, I live in Pennsylvania about equal distance from Philly, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore so I kind of had to pick one of those teams to root for when I was young. The bitching and moaning of Steelers and Ravens fans over who was better always annoyed me so I chose the eagles so I didn't have to deal with all that crap.

One of these days, one of these teams will have to get a championship, hopefully!

Interesting backstory, thanks for sharing. Yeah, I know a guy from Shippensburg (sp?) that had the same dilemma of having those three different football teams to potentially root for....he chose the Eagles too, LOL.

My situation is much more straight forward. I'm originally from Minnesota, so I have stuck with their teams throughout, although admittedly follow the Wolves far closer than any of the other teams.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q12543 wrote:
tpoff217 wrote:I became a Wolves fan because of Garnett, it was during his first few years that I started playing and watching basketball and he was always my favorite because the intensity he played with. After he left I still was a fan of his but always stuck with the Wolves in hope that they would turn it around some day, and its finally starting to look like that might happen.

Interesting backstory, thanks for sharing. Yeah, I know a guy from Shippensburg (sp?) that had the same dilemma of having those three different football teams to potentially root for....he chose the Eagles too, LOL.

My situation is much more straight forward. I'm originally from Minnesota, so I have stuck with their teams throughout, although admittedly follow the Wolves far closer than any of the other teams.

One of my Mom's cousins who grew up in South Dakota miles from the MInnesota boarder picked the Eagles as a kid and stuck with them. The Vikings are a secondary team he pulls for because of his family but the Eagles are his team.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

The quiet before the storm

How much of a factor is Bradford's knowledge of the Eagles going to be a factor? Will it help the defense or offense more?
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:How much of a factor is Bradford's knowledge of the Eagles going to be a factor? Will it help the defense or offense more?

Bradford knowing that Eagles probably helps a little but the Eagles D will know him better than some other team will also. His knowledge could help but I doubt it will be a significant factor but who knows.

Could Long start/play this week?

http://www.1500espn.com/news/2016/10/zimmer-jake-long-see-action-sunday/

I think he is likely better then Clemmings playing with one arm behind his back. Not sure if he is beter using only one leg though.