What The Future Holds

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

Re: What The Future Holds

Post by Jester1534 »

JDvikes wrote:
Jester1534 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PDaiBZz0WM

Jester just a heads up if you copy the part of a youtube link after the v= you can embed the video into the thread and it can just be watched right here. :thumb:

[youtube]5PDaiBZz0WM[/youtube]

JD thank you very much that is a lot easier than just clicking on a link :)
JDvikes [enjin:6536888]

Post by JDvikes [enjin:6536888] »

Np man, it is no secret it is one of my favorite lil features of the site lol.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

I understand why you hate Pelfrey, cam, but I really like the way he is throwing now. Wishful thinking probably.

The other guy I hope is in the rotation for another five years is Deduno. I know he's 30, but he is throwing really well and seems to have his control and pitch count issues solved. I love the way he locates his breaking ball, and conversely, how he can't locate his fastball. I know that sounds counterintuitive, but there is so much movement it becomes very difficult to hit. I love how Mauer gives him a target right down the middle on the fastball, knowing it's going to move somewhere.
mahogma66 [enjin:6667425]

Post by mahogma66 [enjin:6667425] »

Here's a link offering a little national perspective on Buxton & Sano :

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/22758475/futures-game-twins-prospects-steal-the-show-during-bp
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

longstrangetrip wrote:I understand why you hate Pelfrey, cam, but I really like the way he is throwing now. Wishful thinking probably.

The other guy I hope is in the rotation for another five years is Deduno. I know he's 30, but he is throwing really well and seems to have his control and pitch count issues solved. I love the way he locates his breaking ball, and conversely, how he can't locate his fastball. I know that sounds counterintuitive, but there is so much movement it becomes very difficult to hit. I love how Mauer gives him a target right down the middle on the fastball, knowing it's going to move somewhere.

Long, I personally can't stand the guy he takes so long to pitch, he's like the polar opposite of Mark Buehrle. Also if you ever notice when there's a runner at third he always looks at then when he's in the wind up idk why but it just bothers me. Just go get the freakin batter out.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

You're right about Pelfrey's pace, jester, and fielders really hate that. I just like the way he has thrown since he came off the DL. I don't think the Twins are likely to ever spend big $ on a free agent pitcher, so we need a couple of our 30 year olds to carry us until the youngsters are ready. I'm looking more to Deduno and Pelfrey than the others.