What the Pek

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095]

Re: What the Pek

Post by slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095] »

Word is that the Wolves had conversations with Peks agent and the asking price and money amount was not enough. 4/48 was offered but the Pek camp is asking more like 4/60

Not sure if this is going to happen with Pek, I still do not understand why he believes or his agent believes he garnishes 15 million a year, but I would ship him out and seriously entertain another C going forward. Gortat would be my Center of choice.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I wouldn't ship him out. I would make him play for the QO, risk injury, and then still not get the contract he wants next season. Nobody is going to offer him that. I guess his agent didn't learn anything from the AK situation. I don't think they can even give him 60 over 4 years. The max should be the same as last season because the cap number only changed half a mil. His raises are limited to 7.5% I think, and only if he signs with us, otherwise it is 4.5%. The 4/48 is likely more than he would get playing out his contract with us and signing a big deal with someone else.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I'd pull the offer off the table and tell him to find a deal for us to match or play for the QO. I think his agent is playing on the fact that it is Flip's first off season.
Squishypoo [enjin:6648839]

Post by Squishypoo [enjin:6648839] »

sjm34 wrote:I'd pull the offer off the table and tell him to find a deal for us to match or play for the QO. I think his agent is playing on the fact that it is Flip's first off season.

I agree.. It's been long enuff it's time to play hard ball.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I would offer them the 4yr 60 Million.

And structure it like this:
15 Million if he plays more then 75 games
12 million a year if he plays less then 75 games.
10 Million less then 70 games.
8 Million if less then 60 games

If he plays more then 70 games in both year one and two he can opt out or wise it becomes a team option.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Pekovic is not that great. He definitely is not worth that much. I agree you offer QO or try to do a sign and trade deal. I question if he is worth the 12 million per. I think nine to ten is about what I would sign him too. Could go 11 or 12 but I think that is overpaying slightly where may be ok.
Monster

Post by Monster »

What does pulling the offer really do? Pek wants more money but he has basically no real leverage. Its not a lowball offer even if its 12 year 48 Million deal. Flip could have thrown in a lower number out see what would happen, but he put out a legit offer based on the reports we have. This is going to get done both sides want it to happen and my guess is that Pek signs for about what Flip offered maybe thrown in a few hundred thousand a year to sweeten it.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

He isn't worth anything close to 15 mil, even if he played 90 games! The guy is an average defender (if we are being kind), and a good low post scorer and FT shooter. He doesn't have any face up game, and isn't a good help defender or shot blocker. Who are the other centers making `15 mil other than Howard?
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

This is real confusing. In summary, Pek really likes it here and actually really wants to be here legitimately, yet hes balking at legitimate offers. For me I draw that he either was just saying that to be kind and try to draw more money, or there is some misinformation going around here on this contract. Definitely irritating as a fan.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

If they give this guy that kind of money, we will be watching the start of another ten year rebuild.