Flip's Legacy - Wolves at Thunder GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Flip's Legacy - Wolves at Thunder GDT

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:Wow, espn headline for this game isnt about saunders getting his first win, another thrilling game between okc and the twolves, or even wiggy balling out.

Its basically wiggs is a homophobe off a his post game interview where he mumbles the word getting.

ESPN has become especially at times way too political and divisive. They try and fuel fires that are not there. The PC culture is just ridiculous. You can't even joke about things without some backlash from the main stream frauds in media. I don't even know what these terms mean like LBGTQIA, nor do I care. OK/Rant off. ESPN, stick to sports, I don't want to know about your opinions on anything else, Thanks.

P.S. I will continue to turn you off when you bring up BS.

I assume QIA was added by somebody in PR.

I'm pretty "meh" about all of it either way... so I couldn't even venture a guess about what IA means.

Wolves fan I know you were just ranting (I absolutely agree ESPN has some issues) so this may not need to be said but...FWIW Folks that are LBGT+ do care if you utilize the correct terms. That's not a political statement it's one of individual people. Of course what really matters is that we value everyone as individuals. I don't doubt that about you. That's all except...screw ESPN!!! :)
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

monsterpile wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:Wow, espn headline for this game isnt about saunders getting his first win, another thrilling game between okc and the twolves, or even wiggy balling out.

Its basically wiggs is a homophobe off a his post game interview where he mumbles the word getting.

ESPN has become especially at times way too political and divisive. They try and fuel fires that are not there. The PC culture is just ridiculous. You can't even joke about things without some backlash from the main stream frauds in media. I don't even know what these terms mean like LBGTQIA, nor do I care. OK/Rant off. ESPN, stick to sports, I don't want to know about your opinions on anything else, Thanks.

I'm pretty "meh" about all of it either way... so I couldn't even venture a guess about what IA means.

Wolves fan I know you were just ranting (I absolutely agree ESPN has some issues) so this may not need to be said but...FWIW Folks that are LBGT+ do care if you utilize the correct terms. That's not a political statement it's one of individual people. Of course what really matters is that we value everyone as individuals. I don't doubt that about you. That's all except...screw ESPN!!! :)

Great. You made me look up the acronym. Apparently, Q stands for questioning (I was wrong on that one), I for intersexual and A for asexual.

Why do I have a feeling that I'm gonna be looked at a lot like how I look at the generation that still says things like "Let's go get some oriental food" in the very near future? I don't mean any harm by it... I'm just sorta in my own bubble!
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:

Great. You made me look up the acronym. Apparently, Q stands for questioning (I was wrong on that one), I for intersexual and A for asexual.

Why do I have a feeling that I'm gonna be looked at a lot like how I look at the generation that still says things like "Let's go get some oriental food" in the very near future? I don't mean any harm by it... I'm just sorta in my own bubble!

Q here - did someone call?

I work with a lawyer who is probably in his 50s - so not really all THAT old - and he said he had an upcoming business trip to the "far east". What the heck!? I hadn't heard that phrase in eons. And the funny thing is we have well established sites in countries across Asia-Pac, so it isn't like this exotic land he was exploring or anything. Kinda weird.
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

All Wolves Matter. Even Thibs.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I wonder how many dated things i say without knowing it.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

ItsJustSoSab wrote:All Wolves Matter. Even Thibs.

He's just a stray now, no longer a part of the pack.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:

Funny thing about our PC-ness in this country. I worked in Shanghai from 2007-2009...guess what my Chinese partners referred to themselves as? That's right...Oriental!!!!

One night I was at a dinner partner in Shanghai with some of my partners...I'm the only white guy at the table. I tell them I'm going on a business trip to Hong Kong the next week, and one guy says "Oh, he needs to go to such and such bar". Another guy says "Can he go there...being a Gweilo?" I asked what a Gweilo was and whether it was derogatory. He said "you know, a 'round eye'. And it's not derogatory at all...kind of like you guys calling us Chinks". I laughed and told him that we find a word like Chink very offensive and would never use it. He just shook his head and laughed. Oh well, different strokes I guess.
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

longstrangetrip wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:

Funny thing about our PC-ness in this country. I worked in Shanghai from 2007-2009...guess what my Chinese partners referred to themselves as? That's right...Oriental!!!!

One night I was at a dinner partner in Shanghai with some of my partners...I'm the only white guy at the table. I tell them I'm going on a business trip to Hong Kong the next week, and one guy says "Oh, he needs to go to such and such bar". Another guy says "Can he go there...being a Gweilo?" I asked what a Gweilo was and whether it was derogatory. He said "you know, a 'round eye'. And it's not derogatory at all...kind of like you guys calling us Chinks". I laughed and told him that we find a word like Chink very offensive and would never use it. He just shook his head and laughed. Oh well, different strokes I guess.

I tell people this all the time. I've been to East Asia and to most of Latin America. I've drank with Russians, travelled with Mexicans, nearly died in a Colombian taxi, partied with Europeans....and all of these people are the most un-PC people you've ever met (the Russians were on a different level....). It appears to be an American/Canadien/Australia/ Western Europe thing now sadly. Travel the world and you see that America has become the outlier
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

TheSP wrote:
ItsJustSoSab wrote:All Wolves Matter. Even Thibs.

He's just a stray now, no longer a part of the pack.

A lone wolf
Monster

Post by Monster »

Back to the Wiggins supposed comment...I watched the comment before I knew anything about any of this stuff. Seriously WTF were people doing?!? I didn't hear that at all. People are killing ESPN about the story on Twitter as they should. It's ridiculous.