Wolves Hire Thibs

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Wolves Hire Thibs

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I like where you're going with most of your post, Jason, but we do not have pick No. 43. We have our first rounder and that's it.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Camden wrote:I like where you're going with most of your post, Jason, but we do not have pick No. 43. We have our first rounder and that's it.

It's #43, so it's not the end of the world and I'm not livid, but are we absolutely sure? Because everything I have read said that MIN got that pick if it fell in the top 45, which it did.

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Camden wrote:I like where you're going with most of your post, Jason, but we do not have pick No. 43. We have our first rounder and that's it.

It's #43, so it's not the end of the world and I'm not livid, but are we absolutely sure? Because everything I have read said that MIN got that pick if it fell in the top 45, which it did.

I think you're misinterpreting what 31-45 protected means. That's a protection for the Rockets, not us. Because it landed in that region, that means we do not receive the pick.

Edit:

2016 second round draft pick to Minnesota

Houston's 2016 2nd round pick to Minnesota protected for selections 31-45 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Houston's obligation to Minnesota will be extinguished) [Houston-Minnesota-Philadelphia, 12/19/2014]

Camden wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

I think you're misinterpreting what 31-45 protected means. That's a protection for the Rockets, not us. Because it landed in that region, that means we do not receive the pick.

Edit:

Houston's 2016 2nd round pick to Minnesota protected for selections 31-45 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Houston's obligation to Minnesota will be extinguished) [Houston-Minnesota-Philadelphia, 12/19/2014]

I think HOU tanked to avoid conveying the pick. {lol} Full disclosure: I always thought MIN got that pick in the Brewer deal, not the Love deal.

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Camden wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

Edit:

I think HOU tanked to avoid conveying the pick. {lol} Full disclosure: I always thought MIN got that pick in the Brewer deal, not the Love deal.

That was the Brewer deal.

MIN: T. Daniels, 2015 2nd round pick (via Kings; protected 50-60), 2016 2nd round pick (via Rockets; protected 31-45), and cash considerations.

HOU: C. Brewer (via Wolves), A. Shved (via Sixers)

PHI: 2015 2nd round pick (via Rockets), rights to S. Lishchuk, and R. Turiaf (via Wolves)

Camden wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Camden wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

Edit:

That was the Brewer deal.

MIN: T. Daniels, 2015 2nd round pick (via Kings; protected 50-60), 2016 2nd round pick (via Rockets; protected 31-45), and cash considerations.

HOU: C. Brewer (via Wolves), A. Shved (via Sixers)

PHI: 2015 2nd round pick (via Rockets), rights to S. Lishchuk, and R. Turiaf (via Wolves)

Ah, Ok, makes sense. I saw PHI and when I think PHI, I think Shved and LRMAM for Thaddeus. I forgot they were involved in the Brewer deal as well.

http://bballbreakdown.com/2016/04/21/wolves-getting-thibodeau/
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

On Wolves Espn page there is an NBA Today podcast with Tom Haberstroh that talks about what Thibs learned from other teams and specifically he liked what he saw from Warriors practices that were short, intense, and to the point.

Phenom's_Revenge wrote:On Wolves Espn page there is an NBA Today podcast with Tom Haberstroh that talks about what Thibs learned from other teams and specifically he liked what he saw from Warriors practices that were short, intense, and to the point.

I hope he means it, and it wasn't just something he said to get another payday.

In all fairness, guys as varied as Marv Levy and Tom Kelly have been preaching this for 30 years. And there's a reason why Mike Tice can't get another head coaching job.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:But the team has largely the foundation already in place.

Weren't you calling me out for saying this in another thread?