Warriors offering Klay Thompson..

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Re: Warriors offering Klay Thompson..

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Camden wrote:Gibson/Snell/16/19 = Shit

Faried/Chandler/Fournier = Shit

Thompson/Lee/Barnes = Shit

McLemore/No. 8 = Better than the above three, but still shit.

6/17/Olynyk/2016 BRK 1st = Best offer supposedly on the table.

1/Waiters/Thompson = No rumors yet, but is the money package.

Cam, I think you're dreaming if you really think that Boston deal is on the table. And there are plenty of rumors about Cleveland...just today hoopshype said they were interested in Love, but anything involving #1 was a non-starter.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Would Lee have to come back to us in a GS trade? I would do a Thompson, Green, Barnes, future #1 deal.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

longstrangetrip wrote:

Cam, I think you're dreaming if you really think that Boston deal is on the table. And there are plenty of rumors about Cleveland...just today hoopshype said they were interested in Love, but anything involving #1 was a non-starter.

Three firsts and a backup PF is dreaming? That's the very least that should be on the table.

All these rumors could be bullshit, but if they are legit, I'm more than happy with keeping Love and starting the season with him as a T-Wolf.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

That should be swell. Love's teammates know he has given up on them. A season full of negative energy should be great for morale and when Love walks next summer it will only be icing on the cake. Why not delay the inevitable? Count me in.

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Would Lee have to come back to us in a GS trade? I would do a Thompson, Green, Barnes, future #1 deal.

I agree that deal is more attractive without Lee, but I don't think the numbers work ,cool, because Thompson, Green and Barnes are on their rookie contracts. Lee (and filler on the Wolves side) are needed to make it work. Right now GS is saying no way they're including Klay, and I suspect the only way we get them off that thinking is by performing a Lee contractectomy.
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

Just trying to be real here but some of you need to temper your expectations as to the return we can get for Love. I think a lot of teams learned from the Lakers and the Dwightmare. In that deal the Lakers were able to get rid of a bum in Bynum but they staked their future on him staying and got burned

If I'm the Cavs and I'm not sure how confident I am in Wiggins or Parker I'm not risking the #1 on Love and the threat of him leaving for nothing next year. The rumored Jazz deal of #5, Favors, and potentially Burks and #23 is almost too much to give up.

I think Favors is a player who is about to breakout and establish his dominance, with the #5 you could snag Randle/Embid/ Vonaleh, and Burks is a solid 6th man.

I think the best options are the Bulls (with Mirotic included) and the Celtics (as long as the three first rounders are included)

Love leaving for nothing is going to hurt more than some of you realize I think.

I don't see how Favors/5/Burks is better than Love. Sorry. That doesn't do much for Cleveland, if anything at all.

Camden wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

Three firsts and a backup PF is dreaming? That's the very least that should be on the table.

All these rumors could be bullshit, but if they are legit, I'm more than happy with keeping Love and starting the season with him as a T-Wolf.

Here's why I think that deal isn't real...because Ainge doesn't appear to me to be a riverboat gambler. GMs' second priority is to win, but their first priority is to keep their overpaid jobs. If Ainge gives up Olynyk (who was really good at the end of the year), #'s 6 and 17 in a strong draft, plus a Brooklyn pick that may turn out to be really good, and Love bolts at the end of the year, what chance does Ainge have of keeping his job? I would say about 10%. Ainge likes his paycheck too much to take that risk.
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

Camden wrote:I don't see how Favors/5/Burks is better than Love. Sorry. That doesn't do much for Cleveland, if anything at all.

Do you understand how unlikely Love is to stay in Cle? Take your blinders off man

longstrangetrip wrote:
Camden wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

Here's why I think that deal isn't real...because Ainge doesn't appear to me to be a riverboat gambler. GMs' second priority is to win, but their first priority is to keep their overpaid jobs. If Ainge gives up Olynyk (who was really good at the end of the year), #'s 6 and 17 in a strong draft, plus a Brooklyn pick that may turn out to be really good, and Love bolts at the end of the year, what chance does Ainge have of keeping his job? I would say about 10%. Ainge likes his paycheck too much to take that risk.

Did you miss the part where Ainge already said he'd trade for a player without a guarantee of him re-signing? Yeah... that happened. http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/ainge-would-consider-trading-player-without-contract-extension

I also think Love would re-sign with Boston. Rondo/Love with Green and/or Bradley on the team. Likely a playoff team with the attraction to add another significant piece.