Derrick Williams Trade

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
SameOldNudityDrew

Re: Derrick Williams Trade

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Bottom line, Derrick Williams generally sucked. Moute can contribute. Good trade. Shame it had to come to this. But compared to Wes Johnson, where we actually had to give away a future first just to get rid of him, the Derrick Williams pick actually looks decent. KAAAAAHHHHHNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:It would take a Timberwolves fan to call AK "MIA". Look, he was never worth $18m/yr, and he never developed a 3-point shot. But to say he was anything short of a battler is ridiculous.

I'm glad he didn't exercise the 2nd year of his option because that really would have thrown off the payroll. And his turning 3yr/$21m was way too much hubris. But you can contend for a championship with him as your 3rd or 4th best wing, or 4th best post, making $4m/yr.

Not if he's on the bench wearing a suit and tie due to back injuries. Might as well flush $4M down the toilet or... just have no Brewer or Mbah a Moute on this team.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

A couple of things:

1. So he's been held out a few games, so now we've decided he's never playing again? What's next? Is he going to ride around Disneyworld in a scooter like fat old women from Manchester?

2. When you combine Hummel's salary with the amount the Wolves are currently under the lux, it is enough to have outbid the Nets. So why do they not get to have Brewer AND Kirelenko? For the last time: I like Brewer. I just don't understand how anyone can think MIN is worse if AK is playing DC/Hummel/Shabazz/Turiaf's minutes.

JasonIsDaMan wrote:A couple of things:

1. So he's been held out a few games, so now we've decided he's never playing again? What's next? Is he going to ride around Disneyworld in a scooter like fat old women from Manchester?

2. When you combine Hummel's salary with the amount the Wolves are currently under the lux, it is enough to have outbid the Nets. So why do they not get to have Brewer AND Kirelenko? For the last time: I like Brewer. I just don't understand how anyone can think MIN is worse if AK is playing DC/Hummel/Shabazz/Turiaf's minutes.

1. A few games? HE'S ONLY PLAYED IN FOUR GAMES THIS SEASON. He's injured. He's out. He's missing valuable regular season games. I think every Wolf fan had enough of that last year. You're acting like he's only missed a handful. It's 10 and counting and doesn't look good.

2. And like I already said. It came down to AK or Martin. Would you rather not have Martin, Jason? I'm sure we'd be doing real swell without him... We might have two wins. Maybe.

And like you keep ignoring, it's not like AK would actually be playing DC/Hummel minutes. He'd be sitting on the bench next to Shabazz watching DC/Hummel play since he's fucking injured. So what's the difference from having AK and not having AK?

Without him, Flip was able to bring in Martin AND Brewer. With AK on the team, we'd have Brewer and Hummel. See the difference? Or are you still going to repeat the same old story of: "I just don't understand how anyone can think MIN is worse if AK is playing DC/Hummel/Shabazz/Turiaf's minutes."
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I can understand Flip trading DW since Adelman refused to use him, and I think it was a stupid trade, but I can't get behind blatant lies.

Jerry Zgoda: Flip said Adelman likes DWilliams, thinks he'll be a good player in the league. Said he doesn't hate him. Twitter @JerryZgoda

Are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!!!
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I can understand Flip trading DW since Adelman refused to use him, and I think it was a stupid trade, but I can't get behind blatant lies.

Jerry Zgoda: Flip said Adelman likes DWilliams, thinks he'll be a good player in the league. Said he doesn't hate him. Twitter @JerryZgoda

sjm34 wrote:I can understand Flip trading DW since Adelman refused to use him, and I think it was a stupid trade, but I can't get behind blatant lies.

He likes him as a person probably. I can believe that fully. As a basketball player? Nope. Adelman has ill feeling towards him and in his mind already knows that D-Will will never reach his potential.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

The only thing Adelman knew is that he wasn't going to reach his potential playing for him!

A good coach would have found a way to take advantage of DW, but Adelman would rather run the predictable corner offense which takes advantage of Pek's passing ability......wait.... that can't be right??

Adelman clearly knows nothing about the mental side of things, and thinks his only job is to implement his so called system. That approach will have the wolves right back in the cellar in a couple more seasons.

We now have 15 mil invested in the SF spot with 4 guys, and none of them can even handle the ball at a high school level.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

sjm34 wrote:The only thing Adelman knew is that he wasn't going to reach his potential playing for him!

A good coach would have found a way to take advantage of DW, but Adelman would rather run the predictable corner offense which takes advantage of Pek's passing ability......wait.... that can't be right??

Adelman clearly knows nothing about the mental side of things, and thinks his only job is to implement his so called system. That approach will have the wolves right back in the cellar in a couple more seasons.

We now have 15 mil invested in the SF spot with 4 guys, and none of them can even handle the ball at a high school level.

I agree. I think you have to ask what Phil Jackson or Pop would have gotten out of Dwill. Somehow I think a heck of a lot more.

sjm34 wrote:The only thing Adelman knew is that he wasn't going to reach his potential playing for him!

I forgot where it said that you need a good ball-handler at the SF position. I must have missed that notion...

As for those four guys, Bud and Brewer are interchangeable at the SG/SF spot so it's really that we have around $22M invested in 5 good wing players (including K-Mart). I'll take that.

Still worried about our backup PG and backup center. Either Turiaf needs to get healthy soon or Dieng needs to progress quicker. As for backup PG... We're likely stuck with Barea. Ugh.