Official 2016 Draft Thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Official 2016 Draft Thread

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

monsterpile wrote:Well this article argues for salt on the watermelon. What say you Cam?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-kass-watermelon-met-0702-20150701-column.html

In all seriousness part of why I don't eat watermelon much is probably partly because Ib as spoiled as a kid because we grew our own in a large garden both red and yellow watermelon. These days a lot of watermelon people show up with just doesn't taste like much of anything. I sort of feel the same way about sweet corn although I like corn a lot more than I like watermelon.

You just gave me a pretty good laugh, monster. This somewhat serious post about watermelon in the midst of a pissing contest is just too great. Thanks for that.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Well this article argues for salt on the watermelon. What say you Cam?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-kass-watermelon-met-0702-20150701-column.html

In all seriousness part of why I don't eat watermelon much is probably partly because Ib as spoiled as a kid because we grew our own in a large garden both red and yellow watermelon. These days a lot of watermelon people show up with just doesn't taste like much of anything. I sort of feel the same way about sweet corn although I like corn a lot more than I like watermelon.

You just gave me a pretty good laugh, monster. This somewhat serious post about watermelon in the midst of a pissing contest is just too great. Thanks for that.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

One last watermelon thing is my favorite music teacher (who I am still friends with today) told us in Choir back in HS that if you didn't know the words to a song just mouth "watermelon". In my experience it works very well.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Hey a poster asked what people thought about Murray and also how he might for with Lavine. We can give differing opinions without getting too bent out of shape right?
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

This is the first year in awhile where I am not in love with any prospect outside the top 2. I have never seen bender play so I can't make an opinion on him. I like Murray I think he will turn out to be a good pro and I think it is an advantage that him an wiggins will be playing together on team Canada, but I don't love him. Buddy worries me, I think he will be a player who had a great college career but at best is a role player in the NBA. Brown and Poetl don't get me excited. I actually like Henry Ellenson I think he will be a good nba player but don't like the fit for the wolves.

As of right now I think I would trade the pick for a young vet. Nobody excites me.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

kekgeek1 wrote:This is the first year in awhile where I am not in love with any prospect outside the top 2. I have never seen bender play so I can't make an opinion on him. I like Murray I think he will turn out to be a good pro and I think it is an advantage that him an wiggins will be playing together on team Canada, but I don't love him. Buddy worries me, I think he will be a player who had a great college career but at best is a role player in the NBA. Brown and Poetl don't get me excited. I actually like Henry Ellenson I think he will be a good nba player but don't like the fit for the wolves.

As of right now I think I would trade the pick for a young vet. Nobody excites me.

I'm right there with you. I like the meat and potato guys later in the 1st. But I am not excited by anyone.
MikkeMan

Post by MikkeMan »

Based on what I have seen and read about Murray, he looks like potentially a little bigger version of C.J McCollum with higher upside since he is much younger than McCollum was when he was drafted.

And McCollum would be pretty nice player for us despite his limitations as a defender.
MikkeMan

Post by MikkeMan »

Maybe more polished less athletic Bradley Beal would be even better comparison since Murray and Beal are almost identical size wise.
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

I think Murray's the guy for us. Can potentially play both G spots and provide shooting off the bench. I think Thibs may be more inclined to look at Dunn or Brown though due to defense.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

thedoper wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:This is the first year in awhile where I am not in love with any prospect outside the top 2. I have never seen bender play so I can't make an opinion on him. I like Murray I think he will turn out to be a good pro and I think it is an advantage that him an wiggins will be playing together on team Canada, but I don't love him. Buddy worries me, I think he will be a player who had a great college career but at best is a role player in the NBA. Brown and Poetl don't get me excited. I actually like Henry Ellenson I think he will be a good nba player but don't like the fit for the wolves.

I'm right there with you. I like the meat and potato guys later in the 1st. But I am not excited by anyone.

Yeah, Sabonis is the only guy I get fairly giddy about - Valentine too to a degree, but even I have to admit either one would be a major stretch at #5 or 6. I have a strong feeling that Thibs will shop the pick or draft one of the guards (Dunn, Buddy, or Murray).
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

Camden wrote:
TeamRicky wrote:
Duke13 wrote:It's like he picks a guy and gets so fixated on whoever it is, that this guy is the only free agent or the only draft pick. Funny. It's clear he's a weak defensive player but tries to argue otherwise.

Yeah, I think 90% of his posts on this thread are talking up Murray or criticizing another poster's like of somebody else.

Says the guy who has rammed Denzel Valentine, Patrick McCaw and Gary Payton II down our throats time and time again. Seriously, are you really calling me out for my Murray posts? I've discussed something like 10 guys (probably more) a great deal. My goodness, the irony...

I have talked up lots of guys. I am not as pigeonholed as you. I have talked up the three guys you mentioned, plus Ingram, Bender, Kris Dunn, Buddy Hield, Luwawu, Deyonta Davis, Jaylen Brown, Wade Baldwin, Chinanu Onuaku, Jakob Poeltl and plenty of others. I am just a big fan of the NBA draft and like to study all our options.