Wolves Hire Thibs

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TAFKASP

Re: Wolves Hire Thibs

Post by TAFKASP »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:And there's a reason why Mike Tice can't get another head coaching job.

Because he was a horrible head coach?
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

TheSP wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:But the team has largely the foundation already in place.

Weren't you calling me out for saying this in another thread?

I don't think so. But you can remind me with a link if I did.

Heck, Towns by himself can be considered a pretty decent foundation. Maybe there was some context to my statements?
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

TheSP wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:And there's a reason why Mike Tice can't get another head coaching job.

Because he ran his players into the ground, and just for fun, wouldn't give them water. I heard a rumor one of them died because of this. But since you're so much smarter than me, I sure you would know whether or not that actually happened.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Seems fitting Thibs came full circle to return to where he started in the coaching ranks. If nothing else ,let's say that's a good sign
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
TheSP wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:But the team has largely the foundation already in place.

Weren't you calling me out for saying this in another thread?

I don't think so. But you can remind me with a link if I did.

Heck, Towns by himself can be considered a pretty decent foundation. Maybe there was some context to my statements?

http://minnesotasports.enjin.com/forum/page/9/m/15059925/viewthread/24719124-final-wins-prediction-thread

:)
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:On Wolves Espn page there is an NBA Today podcast with Tom Haberstroh that talks about what Thibs learned from other teams and specifically he liked what he saw from Warriors practices that were short, intense, and to the point.

I hope he means it, and it wasn't just something he said to get another payday.

In all fairness, guys as varied as Marv Levy and Tom Kelly have been preaching this for 30 years. And there's a reason why Mike Tice can't get another head coaching job.

He said it to Haberstroh though. Not sure if he told Korn Ferry or Glen that.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
TheSP wrote:

Because he ran his players into the ground, and just for fun, wouldn't give them water. I heard a rumor one of them died because of this. But since you're so much smarter than me, I sure you would know whether or not that actually happened.

Touchy touchy! I don't think I ever claimed to be smarter than you, pointing that out would be classless.

:thumb:
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

Nate Duncan podcast. Last 20 minutes or so they talk wolves and the Tibs hire. He and his sidekick make good points why we should use patience with building the roster and not go out and spend spend spend now on the biggest free agent we can get. Again most people will disagree.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/duncdon/2016/04/21/chamia-detcle-porlac-plus-thibodeau-to-min
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Phenom's_Revenge wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:On Wolves Espn page there is an NBA Today podcast with Tom Haberstroh that talks about what Thibs learned from other teams and specifically he liked what he saw from Warriors practices that were short, intense, and to the point.

In all fairness, guys as varied as Marv Levy and Tom Kelly have been preaching this for 30 years. And there's a reason why Mike Tice can't get another head coaching job.

True. I have to ask: Korn-Ferry? Is it true that it is run by Danny Ferry and the guys from Korn?
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

True. I have to ask: Korn-Ferry? Is it true that it is run by Danny Ferry and the guys from Korn?

I thought it was just another alias for Katy Perry.