Warriors offering Klay Thompson..

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Warriors offering Klay Thompson..

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Volans19 wrote:
Camden wrote:I don't see how Favors/5/Burks is better than Love. Sorry. That doesn't do much for Cleveland, if anything at all.

Do you understand how unlikely Love is to stay in Cle? Take your blinders off man

No blinders. I just think the reward is higher than the risk, in this case. That Cavs team would be a top-five seed in the East, with its two best players being 25 and 22. Also helps that he has a good relationship with Kyrie. I don't see Love leaving that and the extra millions on the table.

Here's a thought...

UTA: No. 1, Jack

MIN: Favors, Waiters, Gee, No. 5

CLE: Love, Burks, No. 13
worldK

Post by worldK »

longstrangetrip wrote:
Camden wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:
Camden wrote:Gibson/Snell/16/19 = Shit

Faried/Chandler/Fournier = Shit

Thompson/Lee/Barnes = Shit

McLemore/No. 8 = Better than the above three, but still shit.

6/17/Olynyk/2016 BRK 1st = Best offer supposedly on the table.

1/Waiters/Thompson = No rumors yet, but is the money package.

Cam, I think you're dreaming if you really think that Boston deal is on the table. And there are plenty of rumors about Cleveland...just today hoopshype said they were interested in Love, but anything involving #1 was a non-starter.

Three firsts and a backup PF is dreaming? That's the very least that should be on the table.

All these rumors could be bullshit, but if they are legit, I'm more than happy with keeping Love and starting the season with him as a T-Wolf.

Here's why I think that deal isn't real...because Ainge doesn't appear to me to be a riverboat gambler. GMs' second priority is to win, but their first priority is to keep their overpaid jobs. If Ainge gives up Olynyk (who was really good at the end of the year), #'s 6 and 17 in a strong draft, plus a Brooklyn pick that may turn out to be really good, and Love bolts at the end of the year, what chance does Ainge have of keeping his job? I would say about 10%. Ainge likes his paycheck too much to take that risk.

[

Lst, I have to disagree here. Ainge is a gambler. A wise gambler and his job in boston is pretty secure. He brought a championship to boston and make them relevant again for 5-6 straight years. IF he can bring love to boston even without a guarantee of love signing an extention, it will revive basketball in the city again.

Having said that, I want no part of a deal with boston. #6 and olynykis not enough. #17 and other future picks(likely non lottery) are not ideal.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

worldK wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:
Camden wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

Cam, I think you're dreaming if you really think that Boston deal is on the table. And there are plenty of rumors about Cleveland...just today hoopshype said they were interested in Love, but anything involving #1 was a non-starter.

Three firsts and a backup PF is dreaming? That's the very least that should be on the table.

All these rumors could be bullshit, but if they are legit, I'm more than happy with keeping Love and starting the season with him as a T-Wolf.

Here's why I think that deal isn't real...because Ainge doesn't appear to me to be a riverboat gambler. GMs' second priority is to win, but their first priority is to keep their overpaid jobs. If Ainge gives up Olynyk (who was really good at the end of the year), #'s 6 and 17 in a strong draft, plus a Brooklyn pick that may turn out to be really good, and Love bolts at the end of the year, what chance does Ainge have of keeping his job? I would say about 10%. Ainge likes his paycheck too much to take that risk.

[

Lst, I have to disagree here. Ainge is a gambler. A wise gambler and his job in boston is pretty secure. He brought a championship to boston and make them relevant again for 5-6 straight years. IF he can bring love to boston even without a guarantee of love signing an extention, it will revive basketball in the city again.

Having said that, I want no part of a deal with boston. #6 and olynykis not enough. #17 and other future picks(likely non lottery) are not ideal.

I admire your optimism, world...you and several others here...in thinking that we're going to get something better than that rumored Boston deal. It makes me feel that maybe I'm being too pessimistic here...not my usual role. But I just don't think the league values Love for only one sure year as much as we do.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Camden wrote:Here's a thought...

No deal. Its tempting but no. If we can get number 1 then lets keep it and draft wiggins. I like favors a lot and add that to the 5th pick is very tempting but I'l pass for wiggins.

All from Sam Amico:

"Told Cavs indeed having talks w Jazz but deal being mentioned a little off. Favors, Burks, #5 and #23 in play for #1 and potentially Jack"

"Cavs have talked w Sixers, Jazz, Magic and Timberwolves within past 24 hours, multiple sources say."

"Also, Cavs have discussed Dion Waiters with team in top 10. Opposing team unconfirmed at moment."

"Interesting note to Dion Waiters talk: Source close to Waiters tells @FOXSportsOH that Waiters thinks he or Kyrie Irving will be traded."

Three team action? CLE/UTA/MIN.

worldK wrote:

No deal. Its tempting but no. If we can get number 1 then lets keep it and draft wiggins. I like favors a lot and add that to the 5th pick is very tempting but I'l pass for wiggins.

I don't know, man. That's likely enough for me to pull the trigger. Favors, Waiters good fits here (in my opinion) and only 22. No. 5 pick could grab a Smart/Randle/Embiid.
worldK

Post by worldK »

longstrangetrip wrote:
worldK wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:
Camden wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

[

I admire your optimism, world...you and several others here...in thinking that we're going to get something better than that rumored Boston deal. It makes me feel that maybe I'm being too pessimistic here...not my usual role. But I just don't think the league values Love for only one sure year as much as we do.

I know where your coming from lst. But we have to aim higher. We are trading away a superstar here. Also keep in mind that whoever trades for love gets to pay him a lot more than what other teams gets to pay him when he opts out in 2015. That should be a factor lst. If that team can make the playoffs, have a good nucleus and ability to pay him 20m more, then thats tempting.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Camden wrote:
worldK wrote:

I don't know, man. That's likely enough for me to pull the trigger. Favors, Waiters good fits here (in my opinion) and only 22. No. 5 pick could grab a Smart/Randle/Embiid.

My thought is that wiggins has the talent to be an all star. Favors is very solid but im not sure he'l ever be an all star.

There is no guarantee that cavs will trade us waiters. They want to breakup waiters/irving but they can just trade waiters to another team to get another piece for themselves than trading him to us. The number 1 pick is the price for love. They dont need to give us their other valuable assets like waiters or tristan. They know the number 1 pick is the best value for love out there and they dont need to throw all their assets in a trade for him.

They will want to keep them and trade them for other pieces to strengthen their team around love/irving.
The Rage Monster [enjin:8010341]

Post by The Rage Monster [enjin:8010341] »

I like it, I like Smart almost as much as the top 3 guys. That Favors contract might cause us some issues long term, but at some point we just need acquire good players and cross the salary cap bridge when we get there.