2024 Free Agency GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: 2024 Free Agency GDT

Post by Monster »

TheFuture wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:25 am
Monster wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:37 pm Josh Okogie got a 2 year 16 million contract from the Suns with the 2nd year non-guaranteed. I get that part of the reason they gave him that money is possible salary matching but even without the lux tax implications that's way more than I was thinking he would get. I think you can make a case he does enough things to be worth more than just a vet min guy but 8 million??? Kyle Anderson got 9 million a year. Maybe they were so thrilled with getting Morris for the vet min they were like damn let's pay Josh! Lol
None of their other guards/wings play defense, and they're so up against the cap that they can't let anyone go.

We're there on the cap part. It's rough. I am actually very surprised at the outcome for the players. They collectively agreed to squeeze out their 'working class' whilst also forcing lottery teams to continue to overpay "potential". All so top tier current players could secure the most $. At the end of the day they put more control in the owner's hands for this idea of parity. Without a cap on max contracts, you've just handcuffed every team.
Is Royce O'Neal more of a PF now? He got a pretty decent deal around 10 million a year which means he will make less than 2 million more this season than Josh Okogie!! Lol

Idk if the middle players are getting squeezed any more than before. What has changed is all the sign and trades for vet players. It will be interesting to see how FA ends up playing out this season and then the following year.
TheFuture

Re: 2024 Free Agency GDT

Post by TheFuture »

There is one player on the team that deserves going head over heels for. That player is Ant.

I see the CBA handling small market teams with these new mandates.