Thibs FIred

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
AbeVigodaLive

Re: Thibs FIred

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Anybody see any quotes from Thibs yet?

"ICE! ICE!!!"

longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Anybody see any quotes from Thibs yet?

Nope, Strib says unavailable for comment.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

longstrangetrip wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:Timing wise releasing it during football Sunday was likely his plan. Just to keep the negative press down. Also the National Championship game is on monday too, there are tons of topics that drop the Thibs firing (which is negative) off the sports front page.

I'm sure the constant mediocre product and anti Thibs fan noise kept piling on ol' Glen. A change now can take a look to see how the team responds under Saunders. Also it could boost ticket sales. Really the Wolves can't look any worse coaching wise from Saunders then from Thibs. It's really a no brainer to fire Thibs now.

I don't think attendance increases as long as we don't go on a big winning streak. Just my opinion but don't think the casual fan is rushing to target center to watch an complete known in Ryan Saunders to coach

It is likely not a great factor but yes the Wolves could go on a roll and all of a sudden we start seeing sellouts. I think the negativity surrounding Thibs could have kept some people from wanting to go to the game. Without him, there is some new hope. Even if it's just a minor subconscious internal thought.

A winning streak could help, but I think attendance goes up anyway. I found out about Thibs in an email last night from a Wolves' sales guy (he doesn't know I share tickets with a friend, but knew I was not a fan of Thibs). They are going to be aggressively selling packages the next few days. Also, we're rubes here in Minnesota and Flip was popular, so there will be a lot of people buying tickets upstairs just because they like Flip. The Wolves average about 5000 unsold seats each night...the closer they get to 19006 each night, the easier Glen absorbs the Thibs contract hit.

I think Ruesse makes a good point. Are attendance down because of thibs or because they raised ticket prices after making the playoffs.

I think both are true but the CEO was the one who personally fired thibs and that absolves him of the problem
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Remember the days when the Wolves would literally give out free tickets to anybody who asked for them while checking out at Target?
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

Where is the press conference ?
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

At the end of the day the timing of this has literally set up everyone in the organization to fail so just getting rid of the Ogre is likely not going to work out and will crater this year whereas if you just waited until the break you would have at least given everyone a chance to be successful. Glen wants to make the playoffs. We have a young unproven coach who's never been a HC leading this team. Oh and he got 1 day to take over the team and get his systen installed. We should be selling off guys like Rose and Taj for picks, but can't because Glenn expects to make the playoffs so Layden's hands are tied. They are trying to sell season tickets for next year while having no idea what the front office or coaching staff will look like. The couple game bump you usually see when a coach is fired may not even happen now because of how little time Ryan is getting to take over the team. Great. The Ogre is gone and now everyone is in a horrible spot because of Glen's expectations of this team. Let's see how this one bites us in the ass.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I think Khans is wrong.

If Glen Taylor was such a lousy owner... the Wolves wouldn't have had as much success as they've had through the years.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

khans2k5 wrote:At the end of the day the timing of this has literally set up everyone in the organization to fail so just getting rid of the Ogre is likely not going to work out and will crater this year whereas if you just waited until the break you would have at least given everyone a chance to be successful. Glen wants to make the playoffs. We have a young unproven coach who's never been a HC leading this team. Oh and he got 1 day to take over the team and get his systen installed. We should be selling off guys like Rose and Taj for picks, but can't because Glenn expects to make the playoffs so Layden's hands are tied. They are trying to sell season tickets for next year while having no idea what the front office or coaching staff will look like. The couple game bump you usually see when a coach is fired may not even happen now because of how little time Ryan is getting to take over the team. Great. The Ogre is gone and now everyone is in a horrible spot because of Glen's expectations of this team. Let's see how this one bites us in the ass.

I think you said my feelings. Saunders starts on the road against OKC. We play 13 of the next 16 against the west. Taylor might be accidentally setting Saunders up to fail. I think it will be hard to retain Saunders as an assistant because now Taylor has basically said Saunders is the coach in waiting. So if i'm a coach I don't want my replacement on the staff.

I just feel like if we struggle because of the schedule fans will sour on Saunders and that is not good going forward
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Derrick Rose calls this "shocking" and said he is "hurt."

Said he's having trouble mustering up the ability to call him.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

"We were stunned... hit us all with a curveball." - Karl-Anthony Towns