Twins playing games that matter: Regular season

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Monster

Re: Twins playing games that matter: Regular season

Post by Monster »

Jester I'm seeing some talk Royce Lewis is being considered for the #1 pick. What are your thoughts on him?
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:Jester I'm seeing some talk Royce Lewis is being considered for the #1 pick. What are your thoughts on him?

Only saw him Twice but very solid swing above average power. The big knock on him and how we had him scouted is he's not going to stick at short stop he doesn't have the arm strength to play it. With the Twins pitching needs I don't see there's anyway they will select him. From what I've heard is there leaning McKay but not as a pitcher but as a First baseman or there going to take Kyle Wright, which I think is the correct pick.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Gross I just finished watching yesterday's game. Predictably the Pen which had few options was terrible. Pressley has been a big disappointment this year it would be nice if he figured it out at some point. They need at least one more guy out there to be at least solid. Belisle hasn't been good either but his resume says he will figure it out at some point. Right now they have that are effective:

Kinzler
Duffy
Breslow
Rodgers

That's pretty much it. They need a young guy to step up and Belisle to start getting guys out and that's assuming the guys that have been effective keep being effective.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Saw a good article how Buxton getting hurt really affected the team yesterday.

So what do you look for in a reliever? Does a guy only need 2 good pitches?
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

For me I a reliever it goes
1. Fastball movement you can throw hard but your ball is straight you'll get rocked
2. Command can't walk guys
3. Strike out pitch it can be there fastball slider but what do they use to get a guy out.

The problem with Belisle is being used a role he's not used to. Last year he was Washington 6-7 inning guy not a 8th inning set up guy.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Palka broke his finger so I wonder if Vargas gets another shot now.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

monsterpile wrote:Palka broke his finger so I wonder if Vargas gets another shot now.

Twins need some things to go their way here and quick. If they go on a slide here it seems like it will go downhill fast.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Palka broke his finger so I wonder if Vargas gets another shot now.

Twins need some things to go their way here and quick. If they go on a slide here it seems like it will go downhill fast.

I think Burdi might be one of the worst injuries the team has had right now. If some of the other pitchers that have had minor injuries can come back at some point and have some decent contributions for a stretch that would help. Burdi being hurt not only sucks for this year but it hurts for next year and his general development.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Twins have been so unlucky with minor league injuries this year

Burdi UCL he would be with the team now
Melotakis has minor injuries
Park Wrist again
Palaka broken finger
Jake Reed oblique strain that's kept him out for two months probably be on the team as well
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Jester1534 wrote:For me I a reliever it goes
1. Fastball movement you can throw hard but your ball is straight you'll get rocked
2. Command can't walk guys
3. Strike out pitch it can be there fastball slider but what do they use to get a guy out.

The problem with Belisle is being used a role he's not used to. Last year he was Washington 6-7 inning guy not a 8th inning set up guy.

If we stumble upon another starter. Do any of those guys that are starting project to good relievers?

We talked about Gibson and he might not have a future as a reliever if he can't figure out starting. Would that be your take?