2017 Offseason Part 2

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
BloopOracle

Re: 2017 Offseason Part 2

Post by BloopOracle »

monsterpile wrote:
thedoper wrote:Don't we still need a proper big to play next to Towns? Or is everyone satisfied with the Dieng/Belly combo? I'm worried about not having any toughness inside similar to last year. I give credit to Dieng for trying to mix it up last year, but those legs are just too skinny.

I personally thought Dieng playing against true big dudes was much better this year and he was more physical and even got chippy with guys which was great to see. The perimeter and team defense is what the problem is which Towns has plenty of blame there it was a joke he got a vote for first team NBA defensive team. Dieng imo was better guarding on the perimeter than Towns which is...um not good.

IT4 also got defensive votes as well, I'm so glad they started making who picked who public this year so those fucks can get called out
Monster

Post by Monster »

BloopOracle wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
thedoper wrote:Don't we still need a proper big to play next to Towns? Or is everyone satisfied with the Dieng/Belly combo? I'm worried about not having any toughness inside similar to last year. I give credit to Dieng for trying to mix it up last year, but those legs are just too skinny.

I personally thought Dieng playing against true big dudes was much better this year and he was more physical and even got chippy with guys which was great to see. The perimeter and team defense is what the problem is which Towns has plenty of blame there it was a joke he got a vote for first team NBA defensive team. Dieng imo was better guarding on the perimeter than Towns which is...um not good.

IT4 also got defensive votes as well, I'm so glad they started making who picked who public this year so those fucks can get called out

Yeah that was ridiculous. Some people were absolutely melting down on Twitter about that one. I saw one person thought Rubio getting any votes was a joke. It really is ridiculous that aspects of guys contracts are dependent on these votes. I will say I thought they got the 1st team right I was happy Beverly got his due. The 2nd team I wasn't too sure about. There certainly could have been some more deserving guys in there.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

AP guy is starting to sound resigned to the fact Rubio will be moved IMO. I listened to the duncd on guys preview the Wolves off-season and came away buying the idea of basically trading him to a team that loses their point guard to us. This lines up quite well to a Rubio for holiday swap. I don't love it. Remember when people used to believe Ricky was injury prone and wanted to dump him because of it. Seems ironic to want Jrue in his place. Of all the guys available I would probably lean Jrue. Hill is a little too old for me, I've never been a Lowry guy, and see Teague as a definite downgrade. I think Utah, Toronto, New Orleans, and possibly Indiana would be willing to do a sign and trade. I would really like to see Aldrich thrown into any of these deals for some comfort. That money would be useful.