Derrick Williams Trade

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
thedoper

Re: Derrick Williams Trade

Post by thedoper »

Shouldn't we have waited a day and made a play for Waiters?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10046614/cleveland-cavaliers-shopping-dion-waiters
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

thedoper wrote:Shouldn't we have waited a day and made a play for Waiters?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10046614/cleveland-cavaliers-shopping-dion-waiters

This just gave me a bunch of respect for Waiters. Kyrie's defensive effort and TOs don't get talked about enough, but his shooting and handles get all the flare. The Wolves don't/didn't have anything to offer the Cavs. Derrick Williams? They already have one. His name's Anthony Bennett. Shved? Doesn't make sense for Cleveland. NY and CHI are in the article because they actually have worthy trade assetts (Shump & Deng).

I'd like to get Waiters. It just has no realistic chance of happening pre or post D-Will trade.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Williams said there was no issue with Adelman. Said he is "100 times better" player than he was in college thanks to him.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

The results are in. We got fleeced on the DWill - LRMAM deal. What a waste.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:The results are in. We got fleeced on the DWill - LRMAM deal. What a waste.

LOL
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

TheSP wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:The results are in. We got fleeced on the DWill - LRMAM deal. What a waste.

LOL

It would be a lot funny if it weren't true. I am loving all the excuses I am hearing already.

Mackey said on the radio today that he thought a guy with DW's athleticism should have averaged 10 rebs per 36 minutes. Funny that Lebron (the best player) and more athletic than DW doesn't do that.

Ridiculous expectations to try and make it seem as if he wasn't providing anything of value to the wolves.
maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701]

Post by maelstrom11 [enjin:6599701] »

TheSP wrote:

LOL

At the end of the day both guys are second unit bench guys that don't make a huge difference.
markkbu [enjin:6588958]

Post by markkbu [enjin:6588958] »

I happy that we were able to get someone as valuable as Luc. I am amazed that anyone thinks that we could have done better for someone as inconsistent and with such a low BB IQ as D-Will.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

markkbu wrote:I happy that we were able to get someone as valuable as Luc. I am amazed that anyone thinks that we could have done better for someone as inconsistent and with such a low BB IQ as D-Will.

What's amazing is that you could actually write that with a straight face.
worldK

Post by worldK »

maelstrom11 wrote:
TheSP wrote:

LOL

At the end of the day both guys are second unit bench guys that don't make a huge difference.

Agree mael. Dw is a better talent, no contest there. But the thing is, both are going to be role players in their careers. Its about whether 1 guy can fill a certain role for a certain team.

Dw has higher ceiling, but if he is one of the best players and most used guy on your team, then you are a lottery bound team. He can be a player who put up impressive stats on a bad teams like beasley. He can also be the current beasley, as a guy who plays a role off the bench on a talented team where he wont be relied to play well every game.