Wolves at Nuggets R2G1

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Re: Wolves at Nuggets R2G1

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Ask yourself which team looked more tired and run down at the end of the game. It was the Nuggets. Glad we only have one day off before the next one.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

This is all so incredible. Soak it up Wolves fans 8-)
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Rudy banking the push shot in crunch time gave us a boost Denver simply couldn't match
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Denver had 26 points after our turnovers. Clean that up and they will have a tough time hanging with us.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:50 pm Ask yourself which team looked more tired and run down at the end of the game. It was the Nuggets. Glad we only have one day off before the next one.
Yeah, our defensive intensity and depth should help us here over the series. I was actually impressed Reggie and Braun played as well as they did, and Holiday got a bunch of minutes too. But they didn't bring Deandre out to give Jokic a rest and leave a big on the floor. It sounds crazy, but I feel like Deandre has given us problems when he's played against us. We need to be ready for that. Get their starters tired, but then pounce on whoever they bring off the bench to force them to bring the starters back in and then drive them to exhaustion by the fourth to negate the fact that they are usually really good at closing games.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

BloopOracle wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:57 pm Rudy banking the push shot in crunch time gave us a boost Denver simply couldn't match
A classic "Nonono YES!" shot.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Making Jokic work hard is the key. I too think he got real tired out towards the end. He was starting to be ineffective on defense having to work real hard to get buckets. Keep making him work and tired. I like our lockdown defenders on the other guys too, Jokic also had 6 turnovers due to the pressure of the defense.

We had a few dumb turnovers too. Things to work on.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Rudy was insane on D. Just next level. Not being able to play him in the playoffs is bad coaching.
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

Porckchop wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:20 pm This team has some dogs on it. After struggling early Conley and Nazi turned it around late with some intestinal fortitude. Ant is a monster.

It's a good thing that the real Nazis didn't turn it around later :lol:
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Ant was obviously fantastic. But we also got terrific steady play and timely big buckets from Conley. Meanwhile, after looking terrible early, Naz caught fire in the 3rd and was phenomenal. KAT score a highly efficient 20 points and really got us going early in the third. Rudy was tremendous defensively and on the boards as usual. Great to win with McDaniels going 0-7 and NAW not having it offensively, although NAW hit a big corner three in the third. And give McDaniels credit. He didn’t score, but he grabbed 8 rebounds and was excellent defensively as usual.

As others have noted, a big key to tonight’s win was how tough the Wolves defense made things for Jokic. Rudy’s defense was tremendous as always, but it’s worth mentioning that what really made it tough for Jokic is he had three bigs coming at him defensively and they all made it hard on him. KAT has been very good defensively all season and we’ve seen Naz develop into a good defender starting in the latter part of the regular season. I thought Naz Reid’s defense was excellent tonight.

Denver is a very good team. But so are the Wolves. Fingers crossed that we come out a play at least as well the remainder of the series. I actually believe we can play better. As Cool noted, just trimming the turnovers would be huge.