KAT trade ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Crazysauce

Re: KAT trade ideas

Post by Crazysauce »

Anyone here take a chance on a Kat for Zion deal? Sounds like Pelicans are trying to move him.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Crazysauce wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:02 pm Anyone here take a chance on a Kat for Zion deal? Sounds like Pelicans are trying to move him.
Tempting, but I haven’t seen any sign that Zion is serious about changing his body or taking the necessary steps to ensure that he can stay on the court. KAT’s had some bad luck with illness and injury, but by all accounts he works hard to keep his body in shape with straining and diet. KAT’s issue is maturity, but he hasn’t stopped him from being an allstar multiple seasons. So no, I wouldn’t make that deal unless we got future unprotected 1st round picks along with him. As as TC made pretty clear in his interview, he’s not not looking to trade KAT this summer. In TC’s words, KAT is “an elite, elite player” and you don’t trade Karl or Anthony unless you get an offer that “knocks your socks off.”
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Well if Zion was healthy and had shown he could stay healthy he likely wouldn't be available in a trade. It's pretty risky clearly, but could be a very high reward if he could stay healthy.

I actually don't know if I'd do the deal. I think I would also want something more back for taking on the risk of the deal. Part of me thinks Ant and his personality could bring out the best in him. The other part of me says that a cheetah doesn't change his spots. I worry that Zion just doesn't really love the game, which is a big deal. How dependable would he be?

But I remember not too long ago when Deaaron fox was being questioned and their were rumors of him being dealt and then he absolutely blew up this year. Got to make your move when the "right" opportunity presents itself. Just conflicted if this would be one of them.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I wouldn't do the deal, even though it's pretty much fact that KAT is NOT an elite player. Good propaganda by TC though. Anything he can do to keep the value as high as possible.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Crazysauce wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:02 pm Anyone here take a chance on a Kat for Zion deal? Sounds like Pelicans are trying to move him.
No.

Zion can’t stay healthy. If I’m trading Towns I’m getting someone that can actually stay on the floor…or at least projects that way. Wasn’t long ago Towns was a guy that played every game. Towns is a valuable asset. I wish the best for Zion I think he is a good guy but I’d rather him not be my favorite team’s problem. There are fans out there from other teams that probably feel a bit that way about Towns.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Yikes. I don't even like thinking about it. I don't like his health prospects. He gives me the Greg Oden vibes. Talented player, no doubt, but I expect he'll miss more games than he plays.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

thedoper wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:51 am KAT’s delusion makes it really hard for me to respect him. Confidence and even over-confidence I can deal with. Having no self awareness is troubling to me.
LOL.

There's really not much to add. What an embarrassing interview. It's just so on-brand though...
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

The article linked below pulled into my feed. According to the author's final conclusion..."Ultimately, the Knicks should probably pass on a Towns trade. They’ve been stocking up assets for years for an A-tier star and Towns simply hasn’t proven himself that, even if he might be an interesting fit." Ouch.

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/knicks-try ... 58364.html
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Carlos Danger wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:43 am The article linked below pulled into my feed. According to the author's final conclusion..."Ultimately, the Knicks should probably pass on a Towns trade. They’ve been stocking up assets for years for an A-tier star and Towns simply hasn’t proven himself that, even if he might be an interesting fit." Ouch.

Well, I guess the good news is that the Wolves don't necessarily need KAT to be an A-tier star if Anthony Edwards continues his ascent.
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Q-is-here wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:51 am
Carlos Danger wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:43 am The article linked below pulled into my feed. According to the author's final conclusion..."Ultimately, the Knicks should probably pass on a Towns trade. They’ve been stocking up assets for years for an A-tier star and Towns simply hasn’t proven himself that, even if he might be an interesting fit." Ouch.

Well, I guess the good news is that the Wolves don't necessarily need KAT to be an A-tier star if Anthony Edwards continues his ascent.
I think the concern for me is that I'm seeing more and more links/stories from a national lens that showcase KAT as a good, but flawed player. We know that to be true as well. But I think KAT has something better to give us. He was throwing up over 5 VORP at age 21, 22 and 23. The last four years have been a mixed bag partially due to him missing games. He's really in his prime years right now. So while you say (and I don't disagree) that we need Edwards to continue his ascent. KAT should still be the guy. And I think he can...assuming he gets healthy and humble. I want to see him go "Rocky III" and get back the eye of the tiger. We a couple stars to go anywhere in the playoffs.