Mavs at Wolves R3G2

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Re: Mavs at Wolves R3G2

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I'd rather watch the Mavs beat us from 3 than carve us up with whatever we're trying to do on defense. Play a triangle and two and make them beat us outside the paint.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Can we do what the Nuggets did to us in games 3 & 4?

I wonder what kind of whistle we can expect in Dallas
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

3 seconds left. Why did Nori /Finch pocket that time out? Survey the defense, call another time out and reevaluate what you're seeing.

Now the play call led to an open Naz 3 that rimmed out, but don't pocket that time out.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

It's amazing that the post game show doesn't even discuss the overturned out of bounds that was a clear foul on irving. Apparently not even a notable play
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

That was a real heartbreaker. I feel bad for Rudy, he's going to get made fun of now in the national spotlight but he has been amazing for us. KAT and Ant got beat by their stars. You could feel it coming.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:16 pm Edwards is not in the physical condition necessary to be leaned on as the franchise. Maybe he's just too young.
I agree with this. I think he had no idea what it's going to take. More motivation.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Wolvesfan21 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:28 pm Rudy shouldn't be stepping up and giving all those free lob dunks either. Make Kyrie and Luka hit a floater or bank shot. That is just bad strategy against these guys. Make them hit shots, not lob dunks.
I agree but I also see if he leaves Irving and Luka to get runners/floaters all game our perimeter players are gonna run up a bunch of fouls and shooters like those two just need a couple of those to go in to catch a hot hand and go nuts on us. I don’t know what the answer is Rudy’s being put in an impossible position. Having said that I thought he was awful tonight, the whole team besides Reid was really and it took a tough three at the end to lose. They were up 4 with a minute and a half last game too. Game of inches
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Luka did go down swinging in this first WCF against Golden State three years ago scoring a lot of points, but he shot terribly in the series going 41.5% and 34% from 3 in five games but in three of the games against Golden State Luka shot 33% from field and 30% from three, 38.5% from field and 27.3% from three, and 35.7% from field and 23.1% from three, he shot well in the other two games.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Porckchop wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:54 pm
Wolvesfan21 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:28 pm Rudy shouldn't be stepping up and giving all those free lob dunks either. Make Kyrie and Luka hit a floater or bank shot. That is just bad strategy against these guys. Make them hit shots, not lob dunks.
I agree but I also see if he leaves Irving and Luka to get runners/floaters all game our perimeter players are gonna run up a bunch of fouls and shooters like those two just need a couple of those to go in to catch a hot hand and go nuts on us. I don’t know what the answer is Rudy’s being put in an impossible position. Having said that I thought he was awful tonight, the whole team besides Reid was really and it took a tough three at the end to lose. They were up 4 with a minute and a half last game too. Game of inches
The Mavs really played like crap though. They were low energy and lackluster the entire first half. They tried to give this game to us but they decided to clown us anyways in the second half, that along with the refs who didn't want to give Kyrie his 5th foul and would rather see Dallas win.

I don't see how the Wolves can win a game when Dallas plays like shit and still wins.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

We won’t win games if Ant continues to play the way he is. His woes started back in the last series
Their best player is outplaying our best player. That’s the difference most of the time in the NBA

You think Dallas is putting the ball in any one’s hands but LuKa in end game situations? Regardless of how he’s playing?
The Wolves put the game in the hands of Reid instead of Ant. That’s a telling statement
Last edited by Porckchop on Fri May 24, 2024 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.