Ricky Rubio

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Ricky Rubio

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

BizarroJerry wrote:Let's go back to 2013/14. Our best team with Rubio that went 40-42. Love/Brewer/Pek/Martin/Rubio. Pek missed 25 games, Martin about 15.

Love and Rubio played almost every game. Are we better than that team?

Yes, but unfortunately so is the rest of the NBA. There's never been more talent in this league than right now.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Camden0916 wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:Let's go back to 2013/14. Our best team with Rubio that went 40-42. Love/Brewer/Pek/Martin/Rubio. Pek missed 25 games, Martin about 15.

Yes, but unfortunately so is the rest of the NBA. There's never been more talent in this league than right now.

Nah. I don't buy that argument. We should do better this year than that team with the #1 overall pick and our two stars.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

BizarroJerry wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:

Nah. I don't buy that argument. We should do better this year than that team with the #1 overall pick and our two stars.

There were 3 sub 30 win teams in the West in 2013/14. There were 2 last year in a shortened season. One of them was us and the other (GS) is adding Steph Curry and the number 2 pick in the draft this season. And the only team who got significantly worse in the entire conference was the Thunder. This year is going to be an absolute dog fight and we are near the bottom having to fight our way up the ranks.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

BizarroJerry wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:

I don't necessarily disagree, but this team is going to have to come together awfully quick and be coached very well for that to happen.

Remember, Rick Adelman had that team ninth in offensive rating and twelfth in defensive rating -- mainly due to a system/personnel that kept teams off the foul line, created turnovers, and won rebounding margins. I don't see any possible way that this year's team is capable of coming close to that.

Camden0916 wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:

I don't necessarily disagree, but this team is going to have to come together awfully quick and be coached very well for that to happen.

Remember, Rick Adelman had that team ninth in offensive rating and twelfth in defensive rating -- mainly due to a system/personnel that kept teams off the foul line, created turnovers, and won rebounding margins. I don't see any possible way that this year's team is capable of coming close to that.

True. This team is much younger and i picked 29 wins but i feel it could just as easily be .500. And to Kahns point, yes GS will be better, but last year the East West balance for the top 6 teams for both was pretty even so I don't see a much stronger West.

But then again I don't recall all the players that switched from east to west.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

I think the West is weaker as OKC, Houston and San Antonio all are eying rebuilds. GS lost Klay and that takes them from a title contender to a playoff contender. Portland should be improved with Covington, DJJ, the return of Nurkic and further progression of sharpshooter Gary Trent. Phoenix should take a step forward as I really like their two young wings Bridges and Johnson, plus a healthy Ayton to go with Booker and CP3. I like the young BIZ core of the Pelicans and Bledsoe and Adams are nice complementary pieces and while they are probably a year away from serious contention, they should make some noise this year if Zion stays healthy.

BizarroJerry wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:

True. This team is much younger and i picked 29 wins but i feel it could just as easily be .500. And to Kahns point, yes GS will be better, but last year the East West balance for the top 6 teams for both was pretty even so I don't see a much stronger West.

The strength of a conference isn't at the top. It's in the middle where the teams are fighting to get into the playoffs. The West and East are very different conferences in the middle.

khans2k5 wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:

The strength of a conference isn't at the top. It's in the middle where the teams are fighting to get into the playoffs. The West and East are very different conferences in the middle.

Well i guess that's debatable but since 2013(7 West teams had over 50 wins, 2 in the East), there has been a small shift in parity. Yes the West is still better but I think the Wolves should be contending with the middle pack this year

BizarroJerry wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:

Well i guess that's debatable but since 2013(7 West teams had over 50 wins, 2 in the East), there has been a small shift in parity. Yes the West is still better but I think the Wolves should be contending with the middle pack this year

The East had 7 teams with less than 26 wins last year when the West had 2 under 30. 3 teams that missed the playoffs in the West had better records than the 8 seed in the East and SA was also just 1 win behind the Magic. That's what I mean by the middle of the conference is much stronger in the West.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

khans2k5 wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:

The East had 7 teams with less than 26 wins last year when the West had 2 under 30. 3 teams that missed the playoffs in the West had better records than the 8 seed in the East and SA was also just 1 win behind the Magic. That's what I mean by the middle of the conference is much stronger in the West.

Yes.

Orlando was #8 with a 33 - 40 record. Charlotte was #9 at 23 - 42.

Nearly 1/2 the teams in the East lose TWICE as many games as they win.