DLo to the Wolves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Re: DLo to the Wolves

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

BloopOracle wrote:Absolutely Malik is the main piece in that trade, claiming it was only for a mid first is disingenuous. I'm also having trouble with the notion that Rosas was initially pushing for the playoffs lol. Trading a vet in Saric to move up in the draft? Letting all of our FA veterans leave? Gosh that sounds like the recipe for a title push!!!

Again Rosas hasn't been perfect but it's pretty silly to just make shit up about him. Let's hope the slander calms down for awhile now.

Malik is worse than Covington and he may end up getting paid more so claiming he is the main piece for a better player on a team friendly deal is disingenuous. We made the trade for the pick and the rest was moving furniture. All the guys he let leave don't fit his system at all. Rose, Tyus and Gibson were the main 3 and none of them do what he was trying to install here (space the floor and defend multiple positions on the perimeter). Towns and Wiggins are on max deals in years 5 and 6 of their careers. To claim we were never pushing for the playoffs with them at this point in their careers is disingenuous. The goal this year was not what we've seen at all and that's why a 3rd of the team has been turned over mid-season. You don't do that if you were ok with just throwing away a year and then trying.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Wow. I knew Cool dug Wiggins.

But I didn't know he WAS Andrew Wiggins.

The team has lost 16 straight games with Wiggins + KAT together... why would anybody be this upset that one of them was deemed replaceable?

I get that Russell might not be the answer. Understand completely. But we know with 100% certainty that Wiggins wasn't either. So I don't see how this puts the Wolves in any more dire situation than they were in already.

Cool(er) heads will prevail. Hope to see you posting again real soon.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Wow. I knew Cool dug Wiggins.

But I didn't know he WAS Andrew Wiggins.

The team has lost 16 straight games with Wiggins + KAT together... why would anybody be this upset that one of them was deemed replaceable?

I get that Russell might not be the answer. Understand completely. But we know with 100% certainty that Wiggins wasn't either. So I don't see how this puts the Wolves in any more dire situation than they were in already.

Cool(er) heads will prevail. Hope to see you posting again real soon.

Abe, it has nothing to do with losing Wiggins. I said we should trade him. It has everything to do with bringing in Russell and his defense/contract/history/immaturity. It simply isn't going to work, and now a long term commitment has been made to it. This is the kill shot for the franchise. Remember who said it today.
Tactical unit

Post by Tactical unit »

The team has a new direction, not sure how much better or worse it will be immediately or long term. However getting Towns a player he has publicly wanted and that can create should make him happy and at least makes the second half more watchable. One more really good option developing, coming via draft or trade and this just may be a decent team.

Or the defense could be pathetic, we never find another good player, and Wiggins shines in GS. DLO didn't want to be here and he and KAT get to publicly displaying they want out.

End of the year and next offseason/draft should tell us a lot.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Russell has his flaws but he does what you need in the NBA. We finally got a primary ball handling scorer who can do it at a high level. To me that is step one towards building a real team. No more Rubio's who can't shoot. No more Teague's who don't play aggressive enough. We got our ball handling scorer who can run the offense. Now ideally get a second one on the wing and put some defense around them and this will start to look like a real team. You can build good teams around guys with Russell's skills. You can't around guys like Wiggins.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

khans2k5 wrote:Russell has his flaws but he does what you need in the NBA. We finally got a primary ball handling scorer who can do it at a high level. To me that is step one towards building a real team. No more Rubio's who can't shoot. No more Teague's who don't play aggressive enough. We got our ball handling scorer who can run the offense. Now ideally get a second one on the wing and put some defense around them and this will start to look like a real team. You can build good teams around guys with Russell's skills. You can't around guys like Wiggins.

Any idea why he's on his 4th team in 5 years? Sounds like a guy lots of teams don't think they can build around. But the Wolves couldn't learn from that, they are going to try anyway. And the sad part is there will be NO 5th team who is going to take him off our hands. We are stuck and finished without hope.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Couldn't we have traded Andrew for someone like Bogdanovich? At least then I know we would have a chance to get better.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Couldn't we have traded Andrew for someone like Bogdanovich? At least then I know we would have a chance to get better.

Which one?

One is thriving for a team trying to win a title. They aren't making that trade.
The other one is on an expiring deal. If the Wolves want him... they can get him this summer.
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

Does this mean Halliburton is not our guy at pick 5?? Who then?
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:Couldn't we have traded Andrew for someone like Bogdanovich? At least then I know we would have a chance to get better.

Which one?

One is thriving for a team trying to win a title. They aren't making that trade.
The other one is on an expiring deal. If the Wolves want him... they can get him this summer.

Someone like Bogdanovic. Someone who can play both ends of the floor.