Around the NBA (non-Wolves talk)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
BloopOracle

Re: Around the NBA (non-Wolves talk)

Post by BloopOracle »

Dennis Smith Jr has already missed two out of three games so far this season with knee swelling, he lands like Derrick Rose did pre-knee injuries so I can't say I'm surprised
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Jazz just held OKC to 34 points in the first half. And that was AFTER a pretty big run of scoring by OKC. They only had 19 points with something like 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Their defense is so elite and they play the right way on offense even though they have half the talent of most other teams. They are going to be fighting for a playoff spot based on what I'm seeing.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

I'm watching that game right now. Utah runs some great sets. Rubio is playing well also, it's kinda cool seeing him play with players who know how to play NBA basketball, which wasn't the case while he was here. OKC is still figuring things out, it's gonna take them some time integrating those three players together
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

You guys see the end of gs game? Curry whined over a call (big surprise warriors crying about calls) so he threw his mouthpiece at the ref. Durant, not wanting to be left out began pouting as well before getting tossed and giving a fan the finger. Ridiculous. Never seen a team that has got so many calls yet whine as much as these entitled babies.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

crazysauce wrote:You guys see the end of gs game? Curry whined over a call (big surprise warriors crying about calls) so he threw his mouthpiece at the ref. Durant, not wanting to be left out began pouting as well before getting tossed and giving a fan the finger. Ridiculous. Never seen a team that has got so many calls yet whine as much as these entitled babies.

At least they got tossed. Memphis can find a way to piss you off. They were total babies though. Glad Memphis got the win.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

thedoper wrote:
crazysauce wrote:You guys see the end of gs game? Curry whined over a call (big surprise warriors crying about calls) so he threw his mouthpiece at the ref. Durant, not wanting to be left out began pouting as well before getting tossed and giving a fan the finger. Ridiculous. Never seen a team that has got so many calls yet whine as much as these entitled babies.

At least they got tossed. Memphis can find a way to piss you off. They were total babies though. Glad Memphis got the win.

Didnt see the game, but I"m wondering why GS only had centers defending Gasol for 14 of the 36 minutes he was in there. Makes sense that he went off for 34 and 14. GS has by far the best talent in the league, but it seems like there are some teams they are going to have to play Pachulia against.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Q12543 wrote:Jazz just held OKC to 34 points in the first half. And that was AFTER a pretty big run of scoring by OKC. They only had 19 points with something like 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Their defense is so elite and they play the right way on offense even though they have half the talent of most other teams. They are going to be fighting for a playoff spot based on what I'm seeing.

Makes our win the previous night look better. Now we get and OkC team that is still trying to figure out how to put those three guys together...Russ taking only 12 shots a game can't be a good idea.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

longstrangetrip wrote:
Q12543 wrote:Jazz just held OKC to 34 points in the first half. And that was AFTER a pretty big run of scoring by OKC. They only had 19 points with something like 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Their defense is so elite and they play the right way on offense even though they have half the talent of most other teams. They are going to be fighting for a playoff spot based on what I'm seeing.

Makes our win the previous night look better. Now we get and OkC team that is still trying to figure out how to put those three guys together...Russ taking only 12 shots a game can't be a good idea.

So far we are the only team to score 100 against the Jazz, so yes, there is some solace for those of us that are frustrated with our offense. They are really, really good defensively. Gobert is such a presence, but you can tell that they have nurtured a defensive culture there. Everyone works their tails off.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

My pick for ROY, Lonzo Ball, had 29 points, 9 assists, 11 rebounds and a steal Friday night against the Suns. Yes, it was against the Suns, but.... Ben Simmons is also putting up impressive numbers. Fultz has been unimpressive statistically so far.

The Jazz and Grizzlies look much better so far than I expected. And the Clippers have shows that, if they remain healthy, they're definitely in the playoff mix. Based on what we've seen so far from these three teams and the Wolves, I'm no longer confident the Wolves will be a 4th, 5th or 6th seed. I could easily see the Wolves finishing behind the Warriors, Rockets, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Jazz and Grizzlies.

The Suns and Bulls looks like the NBA's worst two teams so far.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

BloopOracle wrote:Dennis Smith Jr has already missed two out of three games so far this season with knee swelling, he lands like Derrick Rose did pre-knee injuries so I can't say I'm surprised

Just another reminder that you have to give substantial weight to durability when drafting. Medical red flags have to be taken very seriously. The news about Smith should be troubling to the Mavs. I remain convinced that Embiid will have a very short career.