Shabazz/Dieng vs. McCollum

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TravisT [enjin:6669699]

Re: Shabazz/Dieng vs. McCollum

Post by TravisT [enjin:6669699] »

Riverside_Viking wrote:
crazysauce wrote:Really would like to know what it is exactly that shows any of you posters that flip knows his NBA talent. It absolutely drives me crazy when I hear this. Is there something I just slept through? I would say just the opposite as this was the guy who traded, the #5 pick, which could be anyone from take your pick, but Ricky Rubio, Steph Curry, or Jonny Flynn if you like for ...... The Legendary Randy Foye and a broken down Mike Miller. Now obviously Flynn sucks but you traded two guys who are the tenth men off the bench for Rubio or Curry? That is plain stupidity. No other way to call it. Now what exactly is it that makes Flip at all know what the hell he is doing? I am really interested to hear this one.

What do you mean he traded the 5th pick he was the coach not the GM and maybe the reason they didn't draft a PG was because the best player on the wizards at that time was Arenas who is a PG. Just thought I would point those two things out for ya.

Agreed with this. Flip wasn't the facilitator of that trade. Even if he had a hand in it that doesn't discredit his experience. When DK was the GM here people loved to complain about how he was a salary cap GM that lacked an eye for talent. Well, now we have a guy in that chair who has been around a lot of great players and knows what type of players win in this league. He's shaping up a roster that is very balanced so I trust his vision. I'm not saying he's going to be right with his CJ judgement call, but the odds are in his favor. Give it 2 years before we jump off a ledge over a tweener from the Patriot league. I really do believe Bazz could be an important fixture on this team down the road.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Lip calling Williams and Wes one trick ponies coming out of college is way to simplistic and not a fair assessment. Wes had defensive potential and Williams got to the line and his physical gifts were a big reason he went so high plus he was very you with potential. There were warning signs for both guys not to becoming star players but be a little more realistic when looking back. Shooting wasn't the only thing those guys had going for them.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I thought DWill had the upside of a Blake Griffin that could shoot. He lacks the explosiveness, but is no slouch. Wes had bust written all over him, but he look like a do it all SF that could score, rebound, block shots, and defend. He was old and had no motor. Bazz seems to have the drive and motor. I hope in 3 years he builds himself into a player.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:I'm not comparing Wes and D-Will's overall games in college to McCollum's. I'm talking about their inflated 3P% in college.

No argument from me on your point about the inflated 3-point college stars.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:I'm not comparing Wes and D-Will's overall games in college to McCollum's. I'm talking about their inflated 3P% in college.

TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

lipoli390 wrote:

lipoli390 wrote:

You can say that again!! Oh look, you did! :)
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Flip was hired to take the Wizards to the playoffs. They thought the team was ready. Thus, they were looking for viable NBA talent that could help them in the short-term over hope down the line.

The gun debacle and injuries derailed all that and it was quickly realized Flip was not the right guy for the rebuild the Wizards had to go through. Flip was not hired to do that.
KGdaBom [enjin:6632523]

Post by KGdaBom [enjin:6632523] »

Jakapoo wrote:Guys, enough with Olynyk. He would not have been picked at 9. You are all being preposterous with hindsight.

Olynyk could have very easily been the pick at nine if we had not determined to trade the pick. What is this preposterous notion you have that Olynyk being selected at nine was a preposterous notion. :roll:
Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

KGdaBom wrote:
Jakapoo wrote:Guys, enough with Olynyk. He would not have been picked at 9. You are all being preposterous with hindsight.

Olynyk could have very easily been the pick at nine if we had not determined to trade the pick. What is this preposterous notion you have that Olynyk being selected at nine was a preposterous notion. :roll:

It is a pretty clear stretch that Olynyk would be picked nine. No team in the NBA would have been foolish enough. You guys (mainly pointing at you) are seeing that Olynyk looks like a stud in summer league, and are using hindsight saying, "We should have just picked Olynyk at nine." That is as I said preposterous. That would have been a terrible decision by Flip at the time. Olynyk is a power-forward, just what we need! (Yes he is tall, but he has a face-up power-forward's game) Are you actually that foolish with your hindsight to actually believe that Flip in his right mind would pick Olynyk at nine? If so, you are delusional