Hell of a season

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Re: Hell of a season

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

All the accolades and kudos for this season are nice, we had a wonderful ride. But it is inexcusable to come home for a game 5 and get absolutely embarrassed on your home court. The Mavs played with the desperation the Wolves should have had, and it's frankly remarkable how terrible we were. No excuses, it's a bitter end to the best season in 20 years. I've never seen a team make a deep run like we did and yet play so pathetically in front of their home fans. It's an indictment on the Towns', Goberts, and Conleys who should know by this stage in their careers what it takes. It's sad, but this is how it happens in Minnesota.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Jester1534 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:42 am
Phenom wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:01 pm I still want to see if ANT and KAT could run pick and roll together.
It will never happen cause Kat is worst screener in the leauge for a big man
That is one thing that can be taught
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

I do believe this is the first playoffs ever the Wolves advanced further than what they were seeded.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Phenom wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 1:15 pm
Phenom wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:01 pm I still want to see if ANT and KAT could run pick and roll together.
They should be running pick and pop more than pick and roll. Also, besides KAT being a poor screen setter (he's always been poor, so not sure what's going to change now), Ant is not good at taking screens as he often goes too soon before its set.

But yeah, the lack of any sort of two-man game between Ant and KAT other than simple post feeds or swing passes tells you a lot about our offensive problems. Theoretically, they should be great together because KAT can pop instead of roll, therefore keeping the floor spaced and staying out of Ant's way on drives.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Q-is-here wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:35 pm

They should be running pick and pop more than pick and roll. Also, besides KAT being a poor screen setter (he's always been poor, so not sure what's going to change now), Ant is not good at taking screens as he often goes too soon before its set.

But yeah, the lack of any sort of two-man game between Ant and KAT other than simple post feeds or swing passes tells you a lot about our offensive problems. Theoretically, they should be great together because KAT can pop instead of roll, therefore keeping the floor spaced and staying out of Ant's way on drives.
Pick n pop should work too, it really depends on what the opposing defense can do. Either way they have the talent to pull off both. Maybe then they could put up a worthwhile Net rating together.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

They should be working on that action all camp and preseason. I've seen it some but not nearly enough. (Pick and Pop)
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Wolvesfan21 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:42 am

They should be working on that action all camp and preseason. I've seen it some but not nearly enough. (Pick and Pop)
I remember it working very well for Kat/Rubio back in the day, Rubio would come off the screen toss the behind the back to Kat for the open 3.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I agree, Q. I do think that’s something both a work on diligently this off season. If the pick & pop between those two is going to become a major part of our offense, it further suggests to me that we should consider moving Rudy this offseason.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Lipoli390 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:43 pm

I agree, Q. I do think that’s something both a work on diligently this off season. If the pick & pop between those two is going to become a major part of our offense, it further suggests to me that we should consider moving Rudy this offseason.
Unfortunately, despite his clumsiness, the numbers don't lie. We are just a flat out way better team when Rudy is on the court than when he isn't. He seems to impact the game in a positive way much more than anyone else on the team. Not sure we can afford to trade him.

I personally think the front office won't mess with the starting 5 and all those guys will be back. Naz is the one guy under contract that I do wonder about in terms of using him as a trade asset.

I'm also hoping we can lure someone like Batum to Minnesota on a vet minimum deal to take Kyle Anderson's place in the rotation. Probably a long shot, but to go from Kyle's total lack of an outside shot to someone that can play the same position and has to be respected from outside....that could go a long ways toward helping our offense.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Can Rudy recruit Batum and Fournier?