Game Report Summer League Game 2

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
KG4Ever

Re: Game Report Summer League Game 2

Post by KG4Ever »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:47 am Lip, thanx for taking the time in writing these reports. It's always nice to hear from your up-close view. It's a really nice summer league team. Normally you like to have 1 or 2 players that are going to become nice pieces for the big club. I'd rank our prospects like this at this point:

1) Dillingham
2) Shannon
3) Clark
4) Nix
5) Edwards
6) Miller

I don't expect Miller to become a contributor at this point, but that's still quite a group for summer league. The top 3 have a great chance of being rotational pieces this season, in fact I'd be surprised if they weren't. It's really going to help offset our losses this offseason. And then when you consider Ant and Jaden are younger than Shannon, we have a lot of potential for taking another leap as a team.
Clark ahead of Miller, Cool I used to respect you to a degree, but this is nutty opinion. I have seen nothing in Clark that screams NBA player and Miller is a good all around player that has really impressed me and yet you have him ranked behind Clark and Edwards (who has been pretty unimpressive, though tonight he was fine). Cool, I don't know how old you are, but I worry that your better days are behind you. There is still room on the Lenny Miller train, so hop aboard.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Q-is-here wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:51 am Here are my tiers that more or less agrees with Cool's ranking:

1 - Ready right now to contribute to winning NBA games
Terrence Shannon, Jr.

2 - Line of sight to eventually contributing to winning NBA games as a rotation player, assuming he completes a couple more steps to get there
Rob Dillingham
Jaylen Clark

3 - Could play in case of emergency, but no line of sight to being in a regular NBA rotation
Daishen Nix
Jesse Edwards

4 - Don't trust him yet to play winning basketball or hold the fort down in case of emergency
Josh Minott
Leonard Miller
Q, at least you have company with Cool in making a bad take. How in the heck are you impressed with Clark? He can't shoot at all and he has sucked in three out of four games. Now you list Miller last yet he has been the Wolves star the past two games. Sure, his first two games, he was only so-so, but he got hit in the eye in the first game and was ruled out and that may have affected him, but he's more than made up for it and he was great a year ago too. Get aboard the Lenny train now or be left in the dust with poor old Kek, who is clueless.
FNG

Post by FNG »

KG, you need to step up and take a stand...do you like Miller or not? :lol:
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

KG4Ever wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:04 am
Q-is-here wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:51 am Here are my tiers that more or less agrees with Cool's ranking:

1 - Ready right now to contribute to winning NBA games
Terrence Shannon, Jr.

2 - Line of sight to eventually contributing to winning NBA games as a rotation player, assuming he completes a couple more steps to get there
Rob Dillingham
Jaylen Clark

3 - Could play in case of emergency, but no line of sight to being in a regular NBA rotation
Daishen Nix
Jesse Edwards

4 - Don't trust him yet to play winning basketball or hold the fort down in case of emergency
Josh Minott
Leonard Miller
Q, at least you have company with Cool in making a bad take. How in the heck are you impressed with Clark? He can't shoot at all and he has sucked in three out of four games. Now you list Miller last yet he has been the Wolves star the past two games. Sure, his first two games, he was only so-so, but he got hit in the eye in the first game and was ruled out and that may have affected him, but he's more than made up for it and he was great a year ago too. Get aboard the Lenny train now or be left in the dust with poor old Kek, who is clueless.
I guess what I was saying above is that I can clearly see the role Jaylen Clark could play on the A-team eventually, which is a 3 & D guard similar to NAW. But I also said he has to complete a couple more steps to get there, with the biggest one by far being his ability to hit open 3s. If that doesn't come around, than he won't ever play on the A-team. But the defense is legit.

As for Miller, he definitely filled the box score in Summer League and I thought his defensive effort was solid. He still can be clueless at times and he struggles to protect the paint when he plays Center. He might have a future as an offensive-oriented PF, similar to Naz Reid.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

KG4Ever wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:53 am
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:47 am Lip, thanx for taking the time in writing these reports. It's always nice to hear from your up-close view. It's a really nice summer league team. Normally you like to have 1 or 2 players that are going to become nice pieces for the big club. I'd rank our prospects like this at this point:

1) Dillingham
2) Shannon
3) Clark
4) Nix
5) Edwards
6) Miller

I don't expect Miller to become a contributor at this point, but that's still quite a group for summer league. The top 3 have a great chance of being rotational pieces this season, in fact I'd be surprised if they weren't. It's really going to help offset our losses this offseason. And then when you consider Ant and Jaden are younger than Shannon, we have a lot of potential for taking another leap as a team.
Clark ahead of Miller, Cool I used to respect you to a degree, but this is nutty opinion. I have seen nothing in Clark that screams NBA player and Miller is a good all around player that has really impressed me and yet you have him ranked behind Clark and Edwards (who has been pretty unimpressive, though tonight he was fine). Cool, I don't know how old you are, but I worry that your better days are behind you. There is still room on the Lenny Miller train, so hop aboard.
Okay let me see if I'm following here. I

A) Don't have your respect
B) My opinions are "Nutty"
C) And much like Joe Biden my better days are behind me.

Should I turn in my membership card?'

The list I provided was more of a career projection and not something based on 4 SL games. I will say a couple things based strictly on SL:

1) Dillingham has a weakness in finishing around the basket. He can get to the rim but there is an equation that goes rim + finish = basket. Many players come into the league without this skill, some never develop it (Rubio) but a lot do. He has work in front of him but overall he is going to be fine.
2) Clark is going to be a player because he has an NBA game. He sat out an entire season with a severe injury. Expecting him to be razor sharp in these games is not realistic. I'm excited about him, lets have some patience.
3) I still don't see much upside with Minott
4) Miller flashed the last couple games, but this is a small stage and a small sample size. Let's hope he can take a big step this year and I'll be the first to praise him if he does. Currently I have placed accurately in those rankings.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:04 pm
KG4Ever wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:53 am

1) Dillingham
2) Shannon
3) Clark
4) Nix
5) Edwards
6) Miller

Okay let me see if I'm following here. I

A) Don't have your respect
B) My opinions are "Nutty"
C) And much like Joe Biden my better days are behind me.

Should I turn in my membership card?'

The list I provided was more of a career projection and not something based on 4 SL games. I will say a couple things based strictly on SL:

1) Dillingham has a weakness in finishing around the basket. He can get to the rim but there is an equation that goes rim + finish = basket. Many players come into the league without this skill, some never develop it (Rubio) but a lot do. He has work in front of him but overall he is going to be fine.
2) Clark is going to be a player because he has an NBA game. He sat out an entire season with a severe injury. Expecting him to be razor sharp in these games is not realistic. I'm excited about him, lets have some patience.
3) I still don't see much upside with Minott
4) Miller flashed the last couple games, but this is a small stage and a small sample size. Let's hope he can take a big step this year and I'll be the first to praise him if he does. Currently I have placed accurately in those rankings.
This was a fun exchange between you guys. :). I’d rank Miller well above Edwards, especially after last night’s game against Houston. That’s based on both Miller’s SL performance relative to Edwards as well as Miller’s upside and age. I’d also rank Minott above Edwards.

Here’s my ranking of the top 6 long-term prospects, based on this year’s SL performances so far and my overall assessment of upside talent:

1. Dilly
2. TSJ
3. Clark
4. Nix
5. Miller
6. Minott

I don’t consider Edwards a true NBA prospect. I think it’s a close call between Minott and Miller. My list of top short-term prospects who I think can make a positive contribution as soon as next season is different:

1. TSJ
2. Nix
3. Dilly
4. Clark
5. Minott
6. Miller

Overall, the player with the most total upside might be Miller. He just seems to need a lot of skill and IQ development. And I continue to question his motor, although I need to see a lot more of him to draw any definitive conclusions in that regard.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Lip, you said Lenny was your guy, but that last post tells me you are a fraud.

Lenny and RD have the highest upside of those six. They are also the two youngest.
TSJ might be right there with those two, but IMO he's a lower ceiling, higher floor.
I liked Nix ok given our limited options at point guard but he had a dud today and RD finally had a decent shooting game. I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm ok with him being a two-way player.
Minott is a poor man's Lenny. I was on cusp of writing him off, but he did show enough that I'm ok with giving him another year.
Clark was a terrible in SL, except for one game. He couldn't even shoot 30% despite all those breakaway steals which could have been layups. At least he only uses up a two-way contract, as I wouldn't waste a regular roster spot on him, but 2-way is fine.
Edwards-He wasn't my choice as I preferred Dante who is younger and a better defender and TC could have grabbed him with pick 57. Remember this guy is old, He's older than Naz. I would have preferred a higher upside player.