Week 9: KC Chiefs

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Wolvesfan21

Re: Week 9: KC Chiefs

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

monsterpile wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:This has been a meh performance from the Vikings so far. Cousins has not been all that great. Can't run on KC Cook Just got stuffed. Sigh.

It's windy out there, you have to run the ball on these clowns.

Cousins needs to be able to actually make easy passes to the RBs...and yes we needed to be able to run the ball. Lots of blame to go all around even Colquitt who punted great before that lost punt. KC is a tough place to go in and win but ugh.

Agreed he wasn't good. Just saying that it was really gusty which would have effected the passing game a bunch. That little fast shit for KC sure adjusted well roasting Rhodes and Waynes many times though. He looks way better than Diggs to be flat out honest. Diggs is a solid WR but not a WR who is elite in a way who will out muscle or out jump a DB for a ball. Thielen and Diggs are just a smidge below truly top end guys like a Moss or Calvin Johnson. Glad to have them but not jump ball guys.

The only truly high end player I think on offense is Cook and he got shut down too, since the run game couldn't block worth crap (which is why the Vikes will win or lose every game). When they can't run, they are also poor pass blockers on non play action, so it just destroys the whole offense. Cosuins isn't Mike Vick or Russell Wilson, he won't scramble for lots of yards or escape pressure well and make plays down field.
Monster

Post by Monster »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:This has been a meh performance from the Vikings so far. Cousins has not been all that great. Can't run on KC Cook Just got stuffed. Sigh.

It's windy out there, you have to run the ball on these clowns.

Cousins needs to be able to actually make easy passes to the RBs...and yes we needed to be able to run the ball. Lots of blame to go all around even Colquitt who punted great before that lost punt. KC is a tough place to go in and win but ugh.

Agreed he wasn't good. Just saying that it was really gusty which would have effected the passing game a bunch. That little fast shit for KC sure adjusted well roasting Rhodes and Waynes many times though. He looks way better than Diggs to be flat out honest. Diggs is a solid WR but not a WR who is elite in a way who will out muscle or out jump a DB for a ball. Thielen and Diggs are just a smidge below truly top end guys like a Moss or Calvin Johnson. Glad to have them but not jump ball guys.

The only truly high end player I think on offense is Cook and he got shut down too, since the run game couldn't block worth crap (which is why the Vikes will win or lose every game). When they can't run, they are also poor pass blockers on non play action, so it just destroys the whole offense. Cosuins isn't Mike Vick or Russell Wilson, he won't scramble for lots of yards or escape pressure well and make plays down field.

Just a smidge less than Moss or Johnson seems like a pretty good compliment to me. :) I think Thielen actually does a pretty good job going up and getting balls. Diggs problem this season is fumbling and dropping the ball.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Moss was an all-time great talent. Diggs is not even a generational talent. Neither him or Theilen are even at Cris Carter's level. I would say they are both about Anthony Carter level talents.

The OL didn't handle things and we lost. The D is not dominating anymore. Those blitzes gave more issues and we should have done more of that.

Elfein is a weak link, but I am worried about Bradbury too. We will need to be looking for a LG early next year in the draft. RT and RG hopefully can be filled by Oli Udoh and Dru Samia. (I expect O'Neill to play LT next year.)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/06/25/college-football-10-best-offensive-lineman-2019-season/1548255001/
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Moss was an all-time great talent. Diggs is not even a generational talent. Neither him or Theilen are even at Cris Carter's level. I would say they are both about Anthony Carter level talents.

The OL didn't handle things and we lost. The D is not dominating anymore. Those blitzes gave more issues and we should have done more of that.

Elfein is a weak link, but I am worried about Bradbury too. We will need to be looking for a LG early next year in the draft. RT and RG hopefully can be filled by Oli Udoh and Dru Samia. (I expect O'Neill to play LT next year.)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/06/25/college-football-10-best-offensive-lineman-2019-season/1548255001/

Lets assume Elf sucks. I'd assume he is doing something well in the running game or they wouldnt' have him out there but obviously he is the weakest link. So...you have a rookie center playing next to a guy that basically sucks. Thats not too good for the rookie. IDK how he graded via PFF for yesterday but FWIW he had really come on according to PFF weeks 5-8.

Meanwhile you have Nick Easton over with the Saints I believe not even active.

If you want some positives about this organization when it comes to Oline they drafted O'Neill who looks like a pretty good player at tackle. Even if he just is a top 10 RT thats a pretty big win for them. the Josh Kline signing has looked plenty solid. The jury is out on Bradbury but they have made some good moves. The other thing they didn't do last offseason was overpay for guys that weren't any better than guys they could get for the vet min. The Vikings got Brett Jones and Dozier for the min (Jones ended up being even less) and the Saints and Jets paid 3x or more in terms of cap hit for Compton and Easton. Rashod Hill has filled in as a solid backup tackle for 2 million. They spent a 1st round pick on an olineman in Bradbury that was supposed to be a no-brainer plug and play guy for the next 10 years or whatever. There COULD be some light at the end of this terrible run of bad oline play we have seen for what like a decade? yikes
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

I would say between Anthony Carter and Moss (no disrespect to AC). I was making a point that despite their elite numbers, they themselves are not elite on that HOF level. Diggs broke Moss' 3 game consecutive Vikings record for receiving yards last week. Now he had 1 catch for 6 yards this week. Some on him, some on Cousins and the Oline. I think that despite their lack of flashiness, they are still exceptional. Just not freaks with 4.2 speed or 40 inch verticals.

I agree we desperately need a LG that is barring he is actually hurt in some way I am unaware of. I think Bradbury can get stronger over time, so despite him getting overpowered quite regularly, I see that as not a dire issue. Elflein if he is mostly healthy has no excuses at his age for getting dominated and thrown back into the QB so often.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

monsterpile wrote:

Lets assume Elf sucks. I'd assume he is doing something well in the running game or they wouldnt' have him out there but obviously he is the weakest link. So...you have a rookie center playing next to a guy that basically sucks. Thats not too good for the rookie. IDK how he graded via PFF for yesterday but FWIW he had really come on according to PFF weeks 5-8.

Meanwhile you have Nick Easton over with the Saints I believe not even active.

If you want some positives about this organization when it comes to Oline they drafted O'Neill who looks like a pretty good player at tackle. Even if he just is a top 10 RT thats a pretty big win for them. the Josh Kline signing has looked plenty solid. The jury is out on Bradbury but they have made some good moves. The other thing they didn't do last offseason was overpay for guys that weren't any better than guys they could get for the vet min. The Vikings got Brett Jones and Dozier for the min (Jones ended up being even less) and the Saints and Jets paid 3x or more in terms of cap hit for Compton and Easton. Rashod Hill has filled in as a solid backup tackle for 2 million. They spent a 1st round pick on an olineman in Bradbury that was supposed to be a no-brainer plug and play guy for the next 10 years or whatever. There COULD be some light at the end of this terrible run of bad oline play we have seen for what like a decade? yikes

I think we fix the OL via the draft. Bradbury is going to struggle against some guy just due to length and bulk. 31" arms fairly short. Elf is a guy I had a lot of hope for and he seems to have regressed from his 1st year. Easton was a guy that seemed like a weak link. I do think the Vikings did the right thing not overpaying for guys. Unless you are getting a Steve Hutchinson you shouldn't pay much for most of these guys.