Week 8:. Redkskins

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Re: Week 8:. Redkskins

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Win is a win. Thursday night games are usually ugly. We are pretty healthy going into our min bi=week.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

monsterpile wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:What the fuck was that QB sneak? He wasn't even closing to getting to the marker.

I'm fine with the QB sneak I'm just not sure about going for it in that situation. Washington has been pretty stout in the middle though.

I wasn't against the call. I just haven't seen 3 linemen and 1 QB get completely shut down with 0 push by 1 DT diving at their legs. It felt like an extremely soft QB sneak from those 4 core guys when that's the one thing you can't do if you are doing that on your side of the field.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Cousins has proven he can win a shoot out and win as a game manager these last few weeks. Pretty impressive.

And hopefully Diggs is buying him a steak dinner, because Cousins has been serving him up with perfectly thrown balls for a few weeks now.
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:What the fuck was that QB sneak? He wasn't even closing to getting to the marker.

I'm fine with the QB sneak I'm just not sure about going for it in that situation. Washington has been pretty stout in the middle though.

I wasn't against the call. I just haven't seen 3 linemen and 1 QB get completely shut down with 0 push by 1 DT diving at their legs. It felt like an extremely soft QB sneak from those 4 core guys when that's the one thing you can't do if you are doing that on your side of the field.

Oh yeah there was enough penetration I don't even think Cousins was able to really get his footing for his actual push.

The other thing they did was go retry quick instead of trying to draw an offsides penalty. If you feel confident you are going to convert them I like that. The positive is that teams might buy that they will go for it on similar situations and maybe they get a team to jump...it's a small percentage gain probably but yeah.

US Bank stadium is much more like real Turf than the carpet on cement in the metrodome but I wonder how this blocking scheme will work if this team has to play in adverse conditions. Those old Vikings teams lauded a fast type offense and sometimes it didn't seem to work on real turf especially if the conditions were meh. Cook isn't just a finesse runner and Mattison certainly isn't either. Fortunately the remaining division games are all at home. My expectations really are that this team ends up in the playoffs and success or disappointment is a bonus. If I felt more confident in the defense I could be more of a homer. Lol