Week 2: Pack Attack

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Wolvesfan21

Re: Week 2: Pack Attack

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

He had control when it touched the ground.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

CYA Fraudgers!
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Bad pass from Cousins, but maybe he doesn't do that if the refs didn't take away the 4 points earlier. FG takes lead instead.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

These refs are monkeys. lol
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I am so glad we let Sloter go. We would have had all kinds of quarterback controversy this week. Nobody wants to see Sean Mannion play so we can avoid that.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I am so glad we let Sloter go. We would have had all kinds of quarterback controversy this week. Nobody wants to see Sean Mannion play so we can avoid that.

Cousins had a bad game and wasn't even that bad. The TD got taken back too, which all the announcers agreed was a bad call. That call changes the games outcome, because the Vikes would then be down 1 instead of 5 in the late 4th (assuming things played out the same). He forced that throw thinking correctly the Vikes needed a TD. Which they did, but not if they were down 1. They could have potentially won with a FG there. Then you might be singing a different tune.

Even later the announcer said it is crazy how all these calls are going against the Vikings.
Monster

Post by Monster »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
thedoper wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
thedoper wrote:Is Cousins good?

Goodish, IDK maybe 12th in the NFL among QB's? What do you think?

He seems good until he needs to be. That pass to Diggs should have been right in the bread basket. He has nice tools but I don't trust him at all. I guess 12-15 is about right ultimately, but then isn't Keenum about that too?

I think he's an upgrade on Keenum. He's also better than guys like Eli Manning or Joe Flacco IMO, both have won SB's. So it is possible. Sure he's not Rodgers or Brady. But he's goodish. lol

You nailed it.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I watched the condensed game and didn't see...probably don't want to see the back and forth of calls and stuff in this game but overall Cousins was a mixed bag. I liked he made a bunch of plays with his legs but he also needs to quite being a hero and get down on those runs sooner. Also...I don't really get PI if Thielen's push off was PI then how was pushing off and boxing Diggs on the INT not PI? I'm not sure we deserved to win this game but it was kinda wonky. Packers were clicking and Vikings couldn't do anything but then they started misfiring and the defense was making some big time plays. Hopefully we can get them at home.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Kirk is not good unless everything is working in his favor (run game going and controlling the tempo, defense holding the other team under 20, lots of time in the pocket). The problem with that is a lot of NFL QB's are good under those circumstances. He's not good against good teams and he's not good in clutch situations. That's a rookie mistake to throw that pick on first down in the end zone when we're driving to win the game. He's the 7-9 special and always will be. The refs sucked today, but the whole team overcame that BS and put him in position to win the game and he made a rookie mistake in the big moment. This is why you don't hand out fully guaranteed deals in the NFL. He's now the anchor of this team both on the field and on the cap sheet and he was brought in to put us over the top.

Mahomes
Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Wilson
Rivers
Wentz
Goff
Ryan
Big Ben
Cam
Stafford
Prescott
Mayfield
Watson

That's 15 guys I'd take over him right now in no order and not factoring the injuries that happened today and he's making more money than a lot of them. Also guys like Murray and Lamar are quickly coming up and could pass him by the end of the year and it's a wash with guys like Carr, Mariotta and Garrapolo. The potentially 18th-21st best QB in football making 28 million guaranteed is a problem.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

khans2k5 wrote:Kirk is not good unless everything is working in his favor (run game going and controlling the tempo, defense holding the other team under 20, lots of time in the pocket). The problem with that is a lot of NFL QB's are good under those circumstances. He's not good against good teams and he's not good in clutch situations. That's a rookie mistake to throw that pick on first down in the end zone when we're driving to win the game. He's the 7-9 special and always will be. The refs sucked today, but the whole team overcame that BS and put him in position to win the game and he made a rookie mistake in the big moment. This is why you don't hand out fully guaranteed deals in the NFL. He's now the anchor of this team both on the field and on the cap sheet and he was brought in to put us over the top.

Mahomes
Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Wilson
Rivers
Wentz
Goff
Ryan
Big Ben
Cam
Stafford
Prescott
Mayfield
Watson

That's 15 guys I'd take over him right now in no order and not factoring the injuries that happened today and he's making more money than a lot of them. Also guys like Murray and Lamar are quickly coming up and could pass him by the end of the year and it's a wash with guys like Carr, Mariotta and Garrapolo. The potentially 18th-21st best QB in football making 28 million guaranteed is a problem.

That is a fair take. I don't think he is a bad QB, but his strengths are play action and when you put him in the shotgun he is not going to excel. We have to keep him under center for him to be successful.