***OFFICIAL 2021-22 WINS PREDICTION THREAD***

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q-is-here

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2021-22 WINS PREDICTION THREAD***

Post by Q-is-here »

SameOldNudityDrew wrote:God I love seeing this team exceed (most) expectations (definitely including mine).

Other than Phoenix, or maybe LA if PG and Kawhi come back, I think we've got a puncher's chance against most of these playoff teams. Am I crazy for dreaming about maybe actually winning a series? First, let's beat Dallas twice, finish strong, and try to avoid having to play any play-in games. But really, it feels like it could actually be possible.

Not sure you are crazy. The offense has been absolutely ridiculous the last 10 or so games. And it appears that Ant is starting to break out of his slump, so if he gets it going, then look out. It's too bad Giannis didn't play the other night. I really do want to see this team up against a full strength powerhouse and see if we can hold our own. But the fact we are just easily stacking up wins night in and night out is encouraging.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Remember when this team started 4-9 out of the gate, couldn't get in their groove offensively, and this board grew unbearably emotional, irrational, and pessimistic? Ahh, fun times. Minnesota's gone 38-21 (.644) since then! That's the fifth-best record in the NBA in that timeframe. They're a blistering 26-11 (.703) since January. They've secured 42 lucky wins to this point with 10 games left to play. They control their destiny for the fifth-seed. What a turnaround.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

The next couple weeks should help us figure out how confident we should feel. We've gone through some really weak teams recently (then lucked out with Giannis out the other night).

I'm excited to see how we do in these upcoming games, and I love the play-in because these games have even more riding on them. It almost feels like the playoffs are already starting for us to some degree.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

SameOldNudityDrew wrote:The next couple weeks should help us figure out how confident we should feel. We've gone through some really weak teams recently (then lucked out with Giannis out the other night).

I'm excited to see how we do in these upcoming games, and I love the play-in because these games have even more riding on them. It almost feels like the playoffs are already starting for us to some degree.

Well, every time we think we are going to have a real test, the opposing team has a key player or two injured. And not just a role player, but one of their stars.

The good news is we don't play down to the competition and are just spanking people. The Lakers without AD is still a very competitive team (they have LeBron for god's sake!). Same with Milwaukee without Giannis. We took both teams apart in a pretty clinical fashion.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q-was-here wrote:
SameOldNudityDrew wrote:The next couple weeks should help us figure out how confident we should feel. We've gone through some really weak teams recently (then lucked out with Giannis out the other night).

Well, every time we think we are going to have a real test, the opposing team has a key player or two injured. And not just a role player, but one of their stars.

The good news is we don't play down to the competition and are just spanking people. The Lakers without AD is still a very competitive team (they have LeBron for god's sake!). Same with Milwaukee without Giannis. We took both teams apart in a pretty clinical fashion.

I think one of the biggest reasons to believe in this team is that it's not a hapless defensive team. They are 11th in defensive rating behind the Sixers and Jazz. That's pretty good. There is reason for skepticism about how good this team is defensively but I think they have done enough to make me believe they are more of a middle of the road defensive team than a bottom 10 one. That's pretty significant especially if they can continue to be a top 5 offensive team. It's also worth remembering that when the Wolves were sucking the past couple years they were what like 24th in offensive rating? Being really good on offense is a pretty big deal in this team being much better than it has been.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Q-was-here wrote:

Great point, Q. Even though we're regularly playing teams missing either their best player or multiple key players, we're doing what a good team is supposed to do...winning in dominant fashion. And our offense has been absurdly good the past month.

And I agree with Drew that it almost feels like the playoffs start tonight, as we finally face a winning team not missing a really good player (I don't put Hardaway in that category). I have to admit I haven't watched many Wolves games the past month after watching almost every minute the first half of the season, because it's almost felt like college pre-season to me. I loved it when my Gophers went 10-0 in preseason and was drinking way too much Kool-aid believing we might just have a competitive team (a win is a win, right?), but just like I didn't feel I had to watch them trounce Concordia-St. Paul, I wasn't going to blow an evening watching us destroy a Portland team where I couldn't recognize half their players! But I can't wait for tonight's game, because a win in Dallas will show me that this team is more than fool's gold. Dallas may have lost two in a row, but they are very good. Let's hope KAT can play tonight, because this could be a really good game.

Let's go Wolves...play like the playoffs start tonight!
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

60WinTim - 51
TheSP - 50
crazysauce - 46
Lipoli - 46
ItsJustSoSab - 46
lead01 - 45
cpg29 - 45
thedoper - 44
BloopOracle - 44
CO Transplant - 44
kekgeek - 43
Phenom - 43
rapsuperstar - 42
Camden - 42

KiwiMatt - 41
Sundog - 41
worldK - 40
D'Natagal - 39
Mikkeman - 39
Volans - 39
Monsterpile - 38
SameOldNudityDrew - 38
Bleed - 37
Cool - 37
Abe - 36
TheFuture - 36
Jester - 35
FNG - 35
Q - 34
KG4Ever - 33
PorkChop - 32
WolvesFan - 29
mrhockey - 28

Well, well, well look who just joined the loser's club! The Wolves even outdid Cam! And rapsuperstar, this one is for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzEYOU.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

60WinTim - 51
TheSP - 50
crazysauce - 46
Lipoli - 46
ItsJustSoSab - 46
lead01 - 45
cpg29 - 45
thedoper - 44
BloopOracle - 44
CO Transplant - 44
kekgeek - 43
Phenom - 43

rapsuperstar - 42
Camden - 42
KiwiMatt - 41
Sundog - 41
worldK - 40
D'Natagal - 39
Mikkeman - 39
Volans - 39
Monsterpile - 38
SameOldNudityDrew - 38
Bleed - 37
Cool - 37
Abe - 36
TheFuture - 36
Jester - 35
FNG - 35
Q - 34
KG4Ever - 33
PorkChop - 32
WolvesFan - 29
mrhockey - 28

Kekgeek my friend, I'm sorry. No ring for you this year! And Phenom, you are a scholar and a gentleman, but you are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAUag0iDRZEOUT as well.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Q-was-here wrote:60WinTim - 51
TheSP - 50
crazysauce - 46
Lipoli - 46
ItsJustSoSab - 46
lead01 - 45
cpg29 - 45
thedoper - 44
BloopOracle - 44
CO Transplant - 44
kekgeek - 43
Phenom - 43

rapsuperstar - 42
Camden - 42
KiwiMatt - 41
Sundog - 41
worldK - 40
D'Natagal - 39
Mikkeman - 39
Volans - 39
Monsterpile - 38
SameOldNudityDrew - 38
Bleed - 37
Cool - 37
Abe - 36
TheFuture - 36
Jester - 35
FNG - 35
Q - 34
KG4Ever - 33
PorkChop - 32
WolvesFan - 29
mrhockey - 28

Kekgeek my friend, I'm sorry. No ring for you this year! And Phenom, you are a scholar and a gentleman, but you are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAUag0iDRZEOUT as well.

Love it!!!. Sauce, Lip, and Sab. The Wolves have you set in their sights!
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Someday Tim will get his 60 wins. Someday