Vikings 2018 Regular Season Game Thread

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
TAFKASP

Re: Vikings 2018 Regular Season Game Thread

Post by TAFKASP »

Nobody should be surprised by the outcome of this game. This team will struggle against any team with a quality pass rush. On the other hand with their own defense they'll be in most games late even when they do face a good pass rush like the Bears, Rams, and Saints.

I find it funny on a Vikings board I post at how many people vacillate between bitching the Kirk holds the ball too long, then complain when he's under duress and gets rid of it quickly, only to be intercepted. The first interception was Treadwell's fault, which is clear because he never stepped back on the field after that play. The second was a misread by either Kirk or Rudolph, Kirk expected Rudolph to push the route deep, Rudolph cut it short. That kinda shit happens when you have zero run game and more orange jerseys in your backfield than purple.

And finally, Mack >>>>> Griffin/Hunter, dude's a one man wrecking crew on almost every play!
Monster

Post by Monster »

Watched the condensed game this morning. We still struggled to run the ball but apparently there was some line shuffling. They held up well in pass protection though.

At one point early in the 3rd quarter I said to myself "we aren't good enough. The defense isn't good enough". Then the Defense stepped up bigtime and we ended up winning the game although the Packers helped the cause with another boneheaded play. Of course now we may be looking at a significant Rhodes injury but At least we have Holton Hill even if he did get burned by Adams for what could have been a TD.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

We certainly are not good enough to beat Rams or Saints. I think we can beat the Bears though.

The defense seems to come out of the gate slow and step up. That won't cut it the next 2 games. The offense also seems to come on in second half. I feel some of the defense laps early is they are on the field a lot as the offense goes 3 and out. I am wondering when David Morgan comes back. I like a heavy TE package with Murray on early downs. Try and get something going off play action, screens, or running.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:We certainly are not good enough to beat Rams or Saints. I think we can beat the Bears though.

The defense seems to come out of the gate slow and step up. That won't cut it the next 2 games. The offense also seems to come on in second half. I feel some of the defense laps early is they are on the field a lot as the offense goes 3 and out. I am wondering when David Morgan comes back. I like a heavy TE package with Murray on early downs. Try and get something going off play action, screens, or running.

Morgan coming back will be big for the run blocking.

Also I forgot to mention that Richardson had a huge game.

Pulled this quote below from here. http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/11/slow-start-vikings-defense-living-expectations/

"The addition of Sheldon Richardson has helped make up for injuries and weaknesses in other areas this season. Richardson picked up two sacks of Rodgers on Sunday night and ranks in the top 10 in QB pressures from an interior defensive linemen this season.

"One of the things we look for in our three-technique is first step quickness and then lateral quickness and he has those things really well," Zimmer said. "But the thing that kind of surprised me a little bit is the power that he has with it. The good three-techniques I have been around have all kind of had those qualities."
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

This line just pisses me off. Way to throw away a season with elite weapons around a good enough QB.

4 and 11 and Cousins throws the quick slant for 3 yards. What the fuck?
Monster

Post by Monster »

Oline wasn't good enough and tough when the CBS were dinged ip a ton. The good news is some other teams lost today.

One of my good friends that's a Packers fan is going to be having a party tonight now that McCarthy got fired. Lol

Tough game. Defense did its part. The offense is horrible. I am not 100% sure it is players. I am not sold on what they are trying to do. Courtney Cronin did a great job talking about it last week on KFAN.

Well this season is over if Cousins is just gonna go full Bradford and dump it off on every play. So much for the guy who was willing to hang in there and deliver a strike knowing he's gonna take a hit. It was nice while it lasted.