KAT trade ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: KAT trade ideas

Post by Lipoli390 »

KiwiMatt wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:26 pm Three Way Trade:

MIN receives: Scoot Henderson, Shaedon Sharpe, Danilo Gallanari and 1st RP (2026 Top 5 protected from Portland)
MIN trades: Karl Anthony Towns and Wendell Moore Jr

POR receives: Karl Anthony Towns and Monte Morris
POR trades: Scoot Henderson, Shaedon Sharpe, Jusuf Nurkic, 1st RP (2026 Top 5 protected) and two 2nd RP (2024 & 2028)

WAS receives: Jusuf Nurkic, Wendell Moore Jr and two 2nd RP (2024 & 2028 from Portland)
WAS trades: Monte Morris and Danilo Gallinari

MIN signs:
Nickeil Alexander Walker - 2 years 12 million
Paul Reed - 3 years 22.5 million

2way:
Jaylen Clark
Leonard Miller

Conley / Henderson / McLaughlin
Edwards / Sharpe / NAW
McDaniels / Prince / Minott
Anderson / Reed / Gallinari
Gobert / Reid / Knight
Really creative idea Kiwi and I also think it’s pretty balanced. If up to me, I’d do this deal if I were in TC’s shoes. But I don’t see TC doing it. I’d be interested to hear some other opinions about this trade idea from others on this board.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Lipoli390 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:00 pm
KiwiMatt wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:26 pm Three Way Trade:

MIN receives: Scoot Henderson, Shaedon Sharpe, Danilo Gallanari and 1st RP (2026 Top 5 protected from Portland)
MIN trades: Karl Anthony Towns and Wendell Moore Jr

POR receives: Karl Anthony Towns and Monte Morris
POR trades: Scoot Henderson, Shaedon Sharpe, Jusuf Nurkic, 1st RP (2026 Top 5 protected) and two 2nd RP (2024 & 2028)

WAS receives: Jusuf Nurkic, Wendell Moore Jr and two 2nd RP (2024 & 2028 from Portland)
WAS trades: Monte Morris and Danilo Gallinari

MIN signs:
Nickeil Alexander Walker - 2 years 12 million
Paul Reed - 3 years 22.5 million

2way:
Jaylen Clark
Leonard Miller

Conley / Henderson / McLaughlin
Edwards / Sharpe / NAW
McDaniels / Prince / Minott
Anderson / Reed / Gallinari
Gobert / Reid / Knight
Really creative idea Kiwi and I also think it’s pretty balanced. If up to me, I’d do this deal if I were in TC’s shoes. But I don’t see TC doing it. I’d be interested to hear some other opinions about this trade idea from others on this board.
Yes, good creative trade.

I don't know what to think of Scoot, but there is no question this trade puts a lot more of the roster in the Ant timeline. Of course now we know Prince is gone.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Gobert, KAT, Anderson, Reid, Minott, Miller, and (may be) Garza/Knight.

I mean, that's a LOT of 5s and 4s and well over half the payroll, LOL! Hell, there aren't even enough minutes to go around for Rudy, KAT, Kyle, and Reid if they are all healthy. And while Anderson and Minott could theoretically play some 3 with Prince gone, I'm not convinced that's their best position.

There is definitely some steam behind a potential KAT trade. Keep the ideas coming!
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Q-is-here wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:38 pm Gobert, KAT, Anderson, Reid, Minott, Miller, and (may be) Garza/Knight.

I mean, that's a LOT of 5s and 4s and well over half the payroll, LOL! Hell, there aren't even enough minutes to go around for Rudy, KAT, Kyle, and Reid if they are all healthy. And while Anderson and Minott could theoretically play some 3 with Prince gone, I'm not convinced that's their best position.

There is definitely some steam behind a potential KAT trade. Keep the ideas coming!
Hey we are going to see some bad ones. Like Kyle J Man on the ringer (I usually like him) today proposed a Kat for Bojan, Wiseman and a 2nd round pick.

Come on man!
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Q-is-here wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:38 pm Gobert, KAT, Anderson, Reid, Minott, Miller, and (may be) Garza/Knight.

I generally agree with you on this, Q. But my one caveat is Kyle Anderson. I actually see him as more of a PG than a PF. Knight will be gone and Garza on a two-way. As you noted, Minott could theoretically play some SF. I also think Miller can play some 3. And Prince is gone. So our only pure bigs as I see it are Rudy, KAT and Reid. And Naz has the skill set and mobility of a SF, even though I don’t see him defending that position effectively. Ultimately, if we end up signing DiVincenzo or Bruce Brown Jr., the roster will be more balanced.

Having said all that, I still agree our roster is overweighted at the PF and C positions in numbers and, more importantly, salary. And while I don’t think KAT’s continuing stream of dumb public comments hurts his trade value, I have no doubt it irritates TC. He just got done saying our players should stop making dumb bravado public comments. What does KAT do shortly thereafter. He makes another dumb public comment. TC is clearly all about culture and I suspect TC is questioning whether KAT truly fits the culture he’s trying to build here. That’s a long way of saying I agree that there’s some steam behind a potential KAT trade.

I still suspect the most likely trade partner for KAT is the Knicks. I think the deal would be centered around either Quickley or Grimes and include Fournier and another player other than Randle to for salary match purposes. I just don’t think the Knicks will be content to start the season without adding an all-star caliber player to pair with Brunson.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Lipoli390 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:59 pm

I generally agree with you on this, Q. But my one caveat is Kyle Anderson. I actually see him as more of a PG than a PF. Knight will be gone and Garza on a two-way. As you noted, Minott could theoretically play some SF. I also think Miller can play some 3. And Prince is gone. So our only pure bigs as I see it are Rudy, KAT and Reid. And Naz has the skill set and mobility of a SF, even though I don’t see him defending that position effectively. Ultimately, if we end up signing DiVincenzo or Bruce Brown Jr., the roster will be more balanced.

Having said all that, I still agree our roster is overweighted at the PF and C positions in numbers and, more importantly, salary. And while I don’t think KAT’s continuing stream of dumb public comments hurts his trade value, I have no doubt it irritates TC. He just got done saying our players should stop making dumb bravado public comments. What does KAT do shortly thereafter. He makes another dumb public comment. TC is clearly all about culture and I suspect TC is questioning whether KAT truly fits the culture he’s trying to build here. That’s a long way of saying I agree that there’s some steam behind a potential KAT trade.

I still suspect the most likely trade partner for KAT is the Knicks. I think the deal would be centered around either Quickley or Grimes and include Fournier and another player other than Randle to for salary match purposes. I just don’t think the Knicks will be content to start the season without adding an all-star caliber player to pair with Brunson.
I could be wrong but I think Knight has a decent chance of being back with the wolves this year due to he is under the league minimum and the wolves are in a money crunch. I’m not saying I want knight back but it’s another obstacle for money if they want to cut knight
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

kekgeek wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:07 pm
Lipoli390 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:59 pm

I could be wrong but I think Knight has a decent chance of being back with the wolves this year due to he is under the league minimum and the wolves are in a money crunch. I’m not saying I want knight back but it’s another obstacle for money if they want to cut knight
I see your point. But I don’t think the Wolves are in a money crunch right now after waiving Prince. Even after signing Miller and Clark, they’ll be around $14.5M under the luxury tax threshold next season with 12 roster spots filled. They can add a significant free agent with money left over to sign a minimum vet or NAW to fill the 14th roster slot. Knight makes no sense for those team now and I believe TC knows that. But my track record predicting Tim Connelly is about as bad as David Kahn’s track record with draft picks. :)
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Knicks Get KAT

Wolves Get:
- Quickley
- Fournier
- Toppin
- Knicks 2025, 2027 and 2029 first round picks, last one top 10 protected
- Detroit’s 2024 2nd round pick
Last edited by Lipoli390 on Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Another KAT trade with Knicks.

Knicks get KAT
Wolves get:
- Grimes
- Fournier
- Mitchell Robinson
- Knicks 2027 1st
- Knicks 2029 1st (top 10 protected)
- Detroit’s 2024 2nd
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

A possible Portland deal

Portland gets KAT
Wolves get:
- Scoot
- Sharpe
- Nurkic
- Portland’s 1st round pk. two years after conveyance of 1st to Bulls (between 2026 and 2030)
- Charlotte’s or Wolves 2024 2nd (most favorable)