KAT trade ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Sundog

Re: KAT trade ideas

Post by Sundog »

I was listening to today’s Locked On Wolves podcast, which featured the fella from Locked On Knicks. The upshot from the Knicks analyst was that they may not value KAT as much as MN might, that Quickley is highly valued by the Knicks and likely off the table. A deal that centered on multiple draft picks and RJ Barrett could be possible (plus other salary), but since Barrett is a high usage player at Ant’s position, that seemed unlikely from a Wolves perspective. I’d been thinking like you, Lip, that the Knicks might be a trade partner, but I came away soured on that.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Hmm.. A 3-team trade where KAT goes to NY, Randle goes to Portland, and Scoot goes MN. Just add sufficient fillers to make it work and keep everyone happy!
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

60WinTim wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:08 pm Hmm.. A 3-team trade where KAT goes to NY, Randle goes to Portland, and Scoot goes MN. Just add sufficient fillers to make it work and keep everyone happy!
Portland wouldn't be too happy.

Now, there's a twitter that has been out Woj-ing Woj with breaking news. One of the things that was mentioned before his account got suspended was that KAT would get dealt to either Phoenix or Dallas.

The Phoenix stuff HAS to be a third team where PHX gets KAT, Ayton to a third team and we get whatever comes from that. I only place a bit of belief in that because Devin Booker's the only guy left who outwardly supports KAT.

The Dallas thing makes less sense and if all we're getting is Hardaway/Kleber/Bullock, etc., then better off trading Rudy for less.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:19 pm
60WinTim wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:08 pm Hmm.. A 3-team trade where KAT goes to NY, Randle goes to Portland, and Scoot goes MN. Just add sufficient fillers to make it work and keep everyone happy!
Portland wouldn't be too happy.

Now, there's a twitter that has been out Woj-ing Woj with breaking news. One of the things that was mentioned before his account got suspended was that KAT would get dealt to either Phoenix or Dallas.

The Phoenix stuff HAS to be a third team where PHX gets KAT, Ayton to a third team and we get whatever comes from that. I only place a bit of belief in that because Devin Booker's the only guy left who outwardly supports KAT.

The Dallas thing makes less sense and if all we're getting is Hardaway/Kleber/Bullock, etc., then better off trading Rudy for less.
Yes. How about Rudy to the Spurs for the following:
- Doug McDermott
- Least favorable of Spurs or Atlanta’s 2025 1st
- Chicago’s 2025 2nd
- Spurs 2027 2nd
- Miami’s 2028 2nd

This is mainly a payroll maneuver for the Wolves. But it would also add a terrific three point shooter and backup SF to the roster. Instead of netting 4 future first-round picks like we gave up, we’d be getting one 1st round pick and three seconds. The Spurs are loaded with both 1st and second round picks.

The Spurs would get a follow Frenchman and NBA center to mentor their new French Phenom. It seems like the perfect deal.

Note: Sorry about posting a Gobert trade idea in a KAT trade thread. :)
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

This guy on Twitter has been jumping both Woj and Shams on breaking big deals apparently. Says KAT will be going to Phoenix or Dallas.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/347 ... heir-money
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Dallas has absolute squat to offer unless it's Luka. Phoenix would obviously involve Ayton but would need a third team.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Phenom wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:29 pm Dallas has absolute squat to offer unless it's Luka. Phoenix would obviously involve Ayton but would need a third team.
Those would be two horrible trade partners as they both have depleted their draft arsenal. I'm still hoping Portland or Atlanta or keep KAT.