Re: Lynx talk
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 1:16 pm
Benching her starters is what Becky Hammon did last year against the Lynx, and from that point on the Aces were unbeatable. Might we see a similar effect this year?
Wolves fan commiserate here!
https://forum.midwestvolleyball.com/phpBB3/
https://forum.midwestvolleyball.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=32257
We can hope, but I don't like where our club is going into the playoffs. We've lost 4 out of 5 (3 of them by double digits), Liv has a calf issue (and we know how those can linger), and Kayla hasn't shot well for a while (17 for 58 or 29% in her last 5 games). I'm worried, but Vegas isn't...they still have the Lynx as prohibitive favorites at -120. Meanwhile the Valkyries (+ 650), Aces (+800), Dream (+800), and Fever (+950) are all playing well and look like much smarter bets. Or how about the Mystics who have won 6 of their last 7 and are an attractive +7500...a $10 bet on them would really pay off! Anyway, it's not good to limp into the playoffs, so let's hope for a better showing Thursday night.Coolbreeze44 wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 1:16 pm Benching her starters is what Becky Hammon did last year against the Lynx, and from that point on the Aces were unbeatable. Might we see a similar effect this year?
I'm not at all confident. We haven't won a championship since 2017 and Cheryl's teams have regularly disappointed in the postseason since then. I think Vegas is the team to beat.FNG wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 1:33 pmWe can hope, but I don't like where our club is going into the playoffs. We've lost 4 out of 5 (3 of them by double digits), Liv has a calf issue (and we know how those can linger), and Kayla hasn't shot well for a while (17 for 58 or 29% in her last 5 games). I'm worried, but Vegas isn't...they still have the Lynx as prohibitive favorites at -120. Meanwhile the Valkyries (+ 650), Aces (+800), Dream (+800), and Fever (+950) are all playing well and look like much smarter bets. Or how about the Mystics who have won 6 of their last 7 and are an attractive +7500...a $10 bet on them would really pay off! Anyway, it's not good to limp into the playoffs, so let's hope for a better showing Thursday night.Coolbreeze44 wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 1:16 pm Benching her starters is what Becky Hammon did last year against the Lynx, and from that point on the Aces were unbeatable. Might we see a similar effect this year?
They're going to be a popular choice after winning 6 in a row. But look who they're beating up on...all the bottom feeders! Before the 6-game winning streak they had lost 4 out of 6 to contending teams, including the Lynx twice. I like the Fever at +950, but I'll be cheering for Kayla to get her stroke back.Coolbreeze44 wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 2:46 pmI'm not at all confident. We haven't won a championship since 2017 and Cheryl's teams have regularly disappointed in the postseason since then. I think Vegas is the team to beat.FNG wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 1:33 pmWe can hope, but I don't like where our club is going into the playoffs. We've lost 4 out of 5 (3 of them by double digits), Liv has a calf issue (and we know how those can linger), and Kayla hasn't shot well for a while (17 for 58 or 29% in her last 5 games). I'm worried, but Vegas isn't...they still have the Lynx as prohibitive favorites at -120. Meanwhile the Valkyries (+ 650), Aces (+800), Dream (+800), and Fever (+950) are all playing well and look like much smarter bets. Or how about the Mystics who have won 6 of their last 7 and are an attractive +7500...a $10 bet on them would really pay off! Anyway, it's not good to limp into the playoffs, so let's hope for a better showing Thursday night.Coolbreeze44 wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 1:16 pm Benching her starters is what Becky Hammon did last year against the Lynx, and from that point on the Aces were unbeatable. Might we see a similar effect this year?
FNG wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 9:24 am I didn't see the game last night, but I don't think we learned much on a night where the Fever starters only scored 23 points. Was our defense exceptional, or did the Fever just not care about this game...or both? Anyway, it was promising to see Kayla regain her shooting stroke with 22 points in only 24 minutes...we're going to need her shooting in the playoffs. Now, we need to learn more about Liv's calf.
The Lynx got off to very good start and it was from the jump. Like Kek said idk if the Lynx are back but it seemed at least somewhat worthwhile. They really came out and played well with basically a 20 point lead in the first quarter. They kept it up in the 2nd and regardless of who was playing Indiana only scored 9 points in the 3rd quarter.kekgeek wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 9:41 amFNG wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 9:24 am I didn't see the game last night, but I don't think we learned much on a night where the Fever starters only scored 23 points. Was our defense exceptional, or did the Fever just not care about this game...or both? Anyway, it was promising to see Kayla regain her shooting stroke with 22 points in only 24 minutes...we're going to need her shooting in the playoffs. Now, we need to learn more about Liv's calf.
Who knows about if the Lynx are back but I want you say the game meant a lot to the Fever they fell to the 6th seed because they lost and now playing the surging and defending champs the aces.
Lynx play 1pm Sunday before the Vikings game