DLO Trade Poll

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
FNG

Re: DLO Trade Poll

Post by FNG »

crazysauce wrote:Wait, KAT has wanted Dlo gone? Any insight into this? Thought they were best friends so seems odd.

Dan Barreiro said this on his show an hour ago. Dan's not connected, but he talks daily with Jon K who is. And as noted before, KAT looked joyous on the bench last night. Dan even hypothesized the trade might speed up his recovery.

By the way, Jon K will be on KFAN at 4:30 central talking about the trade. He has been cautious about his words the past month, as any reporter who wants full access needs to be. But I suspect we will get much more of the behind the scenes info today. I'll be listening.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Camden wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:We gave up Wig and Kuminga to acquire a guy who was supposedly going to placate KAT. I heard on NBA radio today that KAT has wanted DLO gone for a year. That as much as anything may have played in to this. Let's see how Lebron likes him after a month or two.

You must have been listening to Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo. What a crock of shit.

Nope, Brian Geltzeiler said it on the trade day special show. Listen to the pod if you don't believe it.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Next we'll hear that D'Angelo Russell "stormed the Capitol" two years ago while also promoting an antisemitic movie. What are we doing here?

I find it weird and unbelievable that Karl-Anthony Towns would want Russell gone. I don't think he was necessarily married to the idea of playing with him forever, but actively wanting him gone? I don't think so. And the rhetoric that Russell was a bad locker room guy seems wildly off too. How he talked about his teammates, how they talked about him. Seemed like good vibes, good teammate from a distance as well.

Just say you hated the guy and move on.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Camden wrote:Next we'll hear that D'Angelo Russell "stormed the Capitol" two years ago while also promoting an antisemitic movie. What are we doing here?

I find it weird and unbelievable that Karl-Anthony Towns would want Russell gone. I don't think he was necessarily married to the idea of playing with him forever, but actively wanting him gone? I don't think so. And the rhetoric that Russell was a bad locker room guy seems wildly off too. How he talked about his teammates, how they talked about him. Seemed like good vibes, good teammate from a distance as well.

Ya know Cam, people are being extremely easy on you given all the DLO BS you've spewed over the past few years. Now that it's clear you've been wrong on 90% of it, I think you should be the one to "move on".
FNG

Post by FNG »

Not sure when Jon K is on Barreiro now, but I'm listening to Michael Grady right now. I'm 100% in agreement with him. He goes way back with Dlo...back to Brooklyn days...and likes him a lot personally. And he also recognizes his ability to score at times. But he is very frank about DLo just not being the right guy for this Wolves team, and further, talks more about the way his Utah teammates rave about Conley's play this season. Very good to hear from a guy who has been with these guys every night this season!

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
Camden wrote:Next we'll hear that D'Angelo Russell "stormed the Capitol" two years ago while also promoting an antisemitic movie. What are we doing here?

Ya know Cam, people are being extremely easy on you given all the DLO BS you've spewed over the past few years. Now that it's clear you've been wrong on 90% of it, I think you should be the one to "move on".

Shove it up your ass. The Timberwolves had more success in three seasons with D'Angelo Russell than they had in six seasons with Andrew Wiggins. That's all I need. That might hurt your fragile ego, but that's a fact.

I just think it's wild that we have you and others (FNG? LST? FNG? LST?) dragging the guy's name through the mud without any reliable reporting. "I heard it on the news." Welp, must be true.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Camden wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:

Shove it up your ass. The Timberwolves had more success in three seasons with D'Angelo Russell than they had in six seasons with Andrew Wiggins. That's all I need. That might hurt your fragile ego, but that's a fact.

I just think it's wild that we have you and others (FNG? LST? FNG? LST?) dragging the guy's name through the mud without any reliable reporting. "I heard it on the news." Welp, must be true.

Someone is wearing a ring and someone isn't. One guy is beloved by teammates, and the other wears out his welcome in every place he's been. One has a place to call home for the next several years, one doesn't. One poster (me) called this outcome almost to a tee, one other (you) was a dipshit regarding just about everything. One poster is happy as a pig in shit today, one probably couldn't get out of bed. Eat shit asshole.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I don't have any inside information, but I don't believe the reports of DLO causing chemistry problems or of teammates wanting him gone. I'm basing my view on watching DLO interact with his teammates this season and also seeing him as one of one a few vets to came to Summer League. Everyone visible to me as a season ticket holder who say the team in Vegas tells me DLO was a good and well-liked teammate. I could be wrong because you never know what's going on behind the scenes, but I just don't buy it. But again, I'm glad the DLO drama is over. I'm ready to move on with Conley while continuing to believe this team needs to move on from Rudy.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

lipoli390 wrote:I don't have any inside information, but I don't believe the reports of DLO causing chemistry problems or of teammates wanting him gone. I'm basing my view on watching DLO interact with his teammates this season and also seeing him as one of one a few vets to came to Summer League. Everyone visible to me as a season ticket holder who say the team in Vegas tells me DLO was a good and well-liked teammate. I could be wrong because you never know what's going on behind the scenes, but I just don't buy it. But again, I'm glad the DLO drama is over. I'm ready to move on with Conley while continuing to believe this team needs to move on from Rudy.

We all have our beliefs, I'm just reporting what a national pundit said today. Regardless, there has to be some reason he's on to his 5th tenure already.

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
Camden wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:

Someone is wearing a ring and someone isn't. One guy is beloved by teammates, and the other wears out his welcome in every place he's been. One has a place to call home for the next several years, one doesn't. One poster (me) called this outcome almost to a tee, one other (you) was a dipshit regarding just about everything. One poster is happy as a pig in shit today, one probably couldn't get out of bed. Eat shit asshole.

Andrew Wiggins road a Hall of Fame core to the NBA Finals after shitting the bed as a core player in Minnesota and you're somehow proud of him. Guy was an embarrassment for six years on the team you supposedly rooted for. All that talent and physical ability with zero heart, zero nuts. Timberwolves had to trade a first-round pick just to get off of him. Thank god he was able to win with Steph Curry. So did Harrison Barnes. So did Otto Porter Jr. Yippee.

Also, what is it that you think I was actually wrong about? Minnesota was objectively better after trading Wiggins for Russell. It's not even close. That fact must piss you off every time it gets mentioned. Timberwolves lost 62-percent of the games Wiggins suited up for. Fucking yikes.