Good win
thedoper

Re: Exercise in Futility - Wolves @ Hawks GDT

Post by thedoper »

Wow Ant makes 2. Sweet win on the road.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Mavericks and Jazz lost. Suns or Warriors will lose. Wolves finally keep a team at arms length to finish a game. Great night. Feels like they are due to beat Boston.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Trip dub for Slomo
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Phenom's_Revenge wrote:Mavericks and Jazz lost. Suns or Warriors will lose. Wolves finally keep a team at arms length to finish a game. Great night. Feels like they are due to beat Boston.

Tall order. If we can mobilize our D to defend that type of ball movement I will be really impressed and it would show another level to this team. Hope youre right but it seems like they are one of those teams that just toys with us.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Nice win although that bench group that was thrown out there let things get a bit worrisome.

Lots of good stuff but Conley and McDaniels combine to score 40 while missing just 6 shots is pretty nice.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Phenom's_Revenge wrote:Mavericks and Jazz lost. Suns or Warriors will lose. Wolves finally keep a team at arms length to finish a game. Great night. Feels like they are due to beat Boston.

Celtics game is not out of reach by any means...there's something a little off in Beantown. They've lost 4 of 6 and got beat by hapless Houston last night.
FNG

Post by FNG »

kekgeek1 wrote:
thedoper wrote:Brutal bench stretch.

Jmac is really bad

Kek...just wondering what you saw prior to your post. I'm seeing JMac leaving the injury rust behind him and playing really well. I love the way the ball moves when he's in there and how he protects it, and his constant hustling disruptive defense. Last night he had 5 assists and 3 steals in his 18 minutes, and led all reserves except Prince with his +4. He even hit one of his two 3-pointers (I know his 25% 3-point shooting is a negative this season)! He continues to lead the team with a +10.9 on the season, just ahead of Conley's 10.1. Having two PGs you can count on to keep the ball moving while playing consistently good defense is a strong point on this roster. It would be nice if both were more prolific scorers, but then again, I don't think that is what this team needs from their PGs...especially when KAT returns.
FNG

Post by FNG »

There is no team in the Association more difficult for me to figure out than our beloved Timberwolves. I'm pretty good at predicting whether a team is going to win or lose on a given night, but completely inept when it comes to the Pups. They have now won 4 games in a row on the road, and lost 4 in a row at home, and I would have guessed that most of those games would have gone the other way. Maybe it's a good thing I'm forecasting only two wins in the next 8 games, and Tim predicts only one win!

So let's celebrate an almost perfect game. Trae Young was brilliant on offense with 41 points, but Snyder just can't find a way to hide him on defense. I love how Finchie told Jay-DEE to attack him when Quinn put Trae on him at the start of the game...love seeing 6'1" trying to defend 6'10"! And then Conley torched him when Trae moved over to him.

We beat a pretty good Atlanta team on the road by 21 points with Ant going 2-10 on threes and 6-10 from the line. But Ant was brilliant getting to the bucket, and still had an impressive 32/8/5 line with a +23. The other three starters are rather stoic, but it's really fun to see how joyful SloMo and Ant are on the court when things are going well. I got to see SloMo a lot when he was playing at UCLA, but while he was really good, he didn't display the childlike joy he does now...he's both fun, and good.

Few negatives last night, but I'll throw out a couple. While we're close to 40% AD on three-point shooting (43% last night after two bad shooting games), our free throw shooting is abysmal...below 70% again last night. And I don't know if Kek pointed it out in the thread, but it's tough to watch how easy we are to score on inside when Rudy sits...even worse with Garza than Naz. But there was nothing else to dislike last night. If we play like that tomorrow, we can take down the Celtics and pretty much clinch a playoff berth.

Edit: Gotta love 39 assists...I wonder what the all-time record is for the Wolves! Best in the Association this season is 44 by the Nuggets (against us :X )
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

For the month of March (5 games), Anthony Edwards is averaging 28.4 points and 6.0 rebounds per game.