KG to get his jersey retired

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: KG to get his jersey retired

Post by Monster »

thedoper wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
thedoper wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:I'll always rip Taylor for his "tanking" comments after Garnett left... considering it was only a year removed from the Madsen Three Point Barrage fiasco. It was classless. Petty. And everything else.

BUT... should Taylor be forced to give Garnett part ownership of the team? There's so much we don't know about that angle. Is Garnett capable of buying in right now...

Taylor can do what he wants with his money and his mouth. I think that is the problem. Both Taylor and Garnett operate in realities I dont really relate to. But the power dynamic clearly leans Taylor here. I would think someone with class and business acumen could figure this situation out. The evidence seems to show that Taylor cant with regards to Garnett. To me, its not as much about who has done what in this situation but who has the power to make it right. I think the answer will always be that the owners have the most power. The solution doesnt have to be monetary, but I have no sense that Taylor even ever thought it was wrong that he ripped Garnett on his way out.

Taylor couldn't talk to KG about ownership until he was retired. That's simply fact. The Wolves paid him that season and got nothing for him. Ultimately some of KG if he is upset about how that went down...it's simply on him. Glen also has to pay for his past with KG and quite honestly does anyone really think KG would have had his jersey retired before Glen wasn't the owner anyway? Flip tried to bring it all together and when he was gone it was worse but it was a problem before too. I doubt Thins and Layden helped...or were in a much of a position to help.

I could care less if Taylor gives KG an ownership stake. I still think the dysfunction of their relationship is on Taylor to fix since he was the one who dragged KG's name through the mud on his first time out, and then he publicly negated that he ever had any intention of giving KG any stake in his team when the understanding by everyone seemed to be this was the intention.If Taylor couldn't talk to KG about it he never should have talked to the media about it. But the old moron couldn't help himself when that microphone was in front of his face. I still think Taylor has the power to come out publicly and say he has made mistakes in how he has dealt with the team's best player. This doesn't have to be linked to ownership stake in any way.

When did glen say he never had any intention of an ownership stake with KG? I'd like to see that quote.
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:For those with a subscription to The Athletic former AP guy just put out an article on this. It's basically the offer has been on the table and it's on KG if he wants it retired or not and when.

Ahem. Quit stealing my material... khans.

You just posted a link to a subscriber based website to even be able read the article lol. Next time post a comment with it and I'd actually see it and not double up.

So picky.

And sorta defensive.

The article seems like a pretty good summery of everything. Jon K does good work on this kind of stuff especially.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

monsterpile wrote:
thedoper wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
thedoper wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:I'll always rip Taylor for his "tanking" comments after Garnett left... considering it was only a year removed from the Madsen Three Point Barrage fiasco. It was classless. Petty. And everything else.

BUT... should Taylor be forced to give Garnett part ownership of the team? There's so much we don't know about that angle. Is Garnett capable of buying in right now...

Taylor can do what he wants with his money and his mouth. I think that is the problem. Both Taylor and Garnett operate in realities I dont really relate to. But the power dynamic clearly leans Taylor here. I would think someone with class and business acumen could figure this situation out. The evidence seems to show that Taylor cant with regards to Garnett. To me, its not as much about who has done what in this situation but who has the power to make it right. I think the answer will always be that the owners have the most power. The solution doesnt have to be monetary, but I have no sense that Taylor even ever thought it was wrong that he ripped Garnett on his way out.

Taylor couldn't talk to KG about ownership until he was retired. That's simply fact. The Wolves paid him that season and got nothing for him. Ultimately some of KG if he is upset about how that went down...it's simply on him. Glen also has to pay for his past with KG and quite honestly does anyone really think KG would have had his jersey retired before Glen wasn't the owner anyway? Flip tried to bring it all together and when he was gone it was worse but it was a problem before too. I doubt Thins and Layden helped...or were in a much of a position to help.

I could care less if Taylor gives KG an ownership stake. I still think the dysfunction of their relationship is on Taylor to fix since he was the one who dragged KG's name through the mud on his first time out, and then he publicly negated that he ever had any intention of giving KG any stake in his team when the understanding by everyone seemed to be this was the intention.If Taylor couldn't talk to KG about it he never should have talked to the media about it. But the old moron couldn't help himself when that microphone was in front of his face. I still think Taylor has the power to come out publicly and say he has made mistakes in how he has dealt with the team's best player. This doesn't have to be linked to ownership stake in any way.

When did glen say he never had any intention of an ownership stake with KG? I'd like to see that quote.

You're right, at the time he didnt say there was no intention of ever selling to KG, only that he was not selling stakes in the team. It seemed pretty clear in the context of what was going on with the team at time that Sid was trying to get at whether he wanted to sell a stake to Garnett. Maybe Glen comes around, maybe he doesnt. That doesnt matter to me. It makes me concerned that KG seems to hate Glen for his interactions with him. Its a bad look and not a great endorsement for Glen's character.
Monster

Post by Monster »

thedoper wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
thedoper wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
thedoper wrote:

You're right, at the time he didnt say there was no intention of ever selling to KG, only that he was not selling stakes in the team. It seemed pretty clear in the context of what was going on with the team at time that Sid was trying to get at whether he wanted to sell a stake to Garnett. Maybe Glen comes around, maybe he doesnt. That doesnt matter to me. It makes me concerned that KG seems to hate Glen for his interactions with him. Its a bad look and not a great endorsement for Glen's character.

What do you mean by Glen coming around?
GymRat [enjin:6592663]

Post by GymRat [enjin:6592663] »

Maybe Glen is holding out for Wally Szczerbiak to agree to do the induction speech.
Monster

Post by Monster »

GymRat wrote:Maybe Glen is holding out for Wally Szczerbiak to agree to do the induction speech.

Rick Rickart is likely available.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I was thinking more and after reading that story by Jon K it's really something that at some point KG's jersey will he retired and in between Sealey and Flip. Even the things that we would like to celebrate about this woebegone franchise brings legitimate sorrow.