Jimmy Butler set to meet with Thibs and Layden Monday to have honest discussion about future

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Re: Jimmy Butler set to meet with Thibs and Layden Monday to have honest discussion about future

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Another rumor to add to the pile (this one is probably crap though)

Apparently, Jimmy had something to do with KAT and his GF breaking up during this past summer.
worldK

Re: Jimmy Butler set to meet with Thibs and Layden Monday to have honest discussion about future

Post by worldK »

Whatever the case may be. The team under thibs has been a big mess. We hear rumors of jimmy and KAT not getting along. We hear jimmy causing towns to split with his gf. Jimmy dont like wiggins work ethic. Jamal dont think its fun to be part of the team. Glen 2nd guessing his decision to give thibs a dual role and complete control of the team. Glen wanting to fire thibs but cant because they did just make the playoffs and it will be a PR disaster for him. Thibs throwing a computer out the window and getting into a shouting match with layden. People hate working for thibs. Players hates playing for thibs.

All this will probably just lead to thibs being fired after next season, if not during the season. Butler walking after the season or being traded at the deadline. Front office reshuffle, new coach next season. And we are back to building around TOwns and Wiggins like we were 3 seasons ago. But this time, both are on max deal.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Hopefully everything gets sorted out because this team has the talent to compete.

If not, it isn't the worst thing to rebuild because the core of this team is still plenty young with kat, wiggins, tyus, okogie, etc.. And it would also mean that a newer and more modern coach will hopefully be brought in to play to the players' strengths.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

I hated Thibs more than a year ago when he alienated KG and then Ricky, but I knew there was no way he'd get fired after Glen gave him a massive five year deal. The next offseason when he traded away Lavine, Dunn, top 8 pick and Ricky and used our massive capspace for older veterans told me this shitstorm was just a matter of time. Firing Thibs can't come soon enough but it will take a year or two to undo the damage he did to the franchise. Hopefully, Butler can bring back some assets and we can get a good draft pick in 2019 to rebuild the core around Towns. Maybe a different coach can get through to Wiggins. At least I'm not writing off Wiggins yet and we are stuck with him anyway now with Thibs eagerness to give Wiggins a max before he had to.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

I don't know how this can be a bad thing, it is good to have the conversation before training camp starts. But even if Butler says he wants out we are not going to get a ton of value back. For one Thibs would be firing himself if he trades Butler for young assets, and secondly Thibs would have to trade Thibs for players that can keep us competitive to try and keep his job.

Players like Barnes, Porter, Tobais Harris might be on the table. But I can't see us getting any young value for Butler because Thibs would be firing himself with trading Butler.

In the end if Kat and Wiggins make the necessary steps in their game we will be fine if not, the rebuild starts next year.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

kekgeek1 wrote:I don't know how this can be a bad thing, it is good to have the conversation before training camp starts. But even if Butler says he wants out we are not going to get a ton of value back. For one Thibs would be firing himself if he trades Butler for young assets, and secondly Thibs would have to trade Thibs for players that can keep us competitive to try and keep his job.

Players like Barnes, Porter, Tobais Harris might be on the table. But I can't see us getting any young value for Butler because Thibs would be firing himself with trading Butler.

In the end if Kat and Wiggins make the necessary steps in their game we will be fine if not, the rebuild starts next year.

Thibs is as good as gone. Taylor hates him and he just needs to figure out the timing. My guess is that he gets stripped of his GM duties first so that someone other than Thibs can trade Jimmy. Maybe Thibs gets to coach another season or half a season, but his time is done soon. Thibs created another toxic environment and all signs point to Glenn wanting to rid himself of the stench that is Thibs.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

KG4Ever wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:I don't know how this can be a bad thing, it is good to have the conversation before training camp starts. But even if Butler says he wants out we are not going to get a ton of value back. For one Thibs would be firing himself if he trades Butler for young assets, and secondly Thibs would have to trade Thibs for players that can keep us competitive to try and keep his job.

Thibs is as good as gone. Taylor hates him and he just needs to figure out the timing. My guess is that he gets stripped of his GM duties first so that someone other than Thibs can trade Jimmy. Maybe Thibs gets to coach another season or half a season, but his time is done soon. Glenn is pissed.

What proof do we have that he is pissed at thibs. He didn't fire him. And that is terrible ownership to have a plan to let a guy draft and go through free agency just to strip him of his duties when the season starts.

If we start out bad I believe thibs gets fired but it is terrible for Glenn to have the big decision of trading butler to an interim GM who will be there for a half of a season
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

kekgeek1 wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:

Thibs is as good as gone. Taylor hates him and he just needs to figure out the timing. My guess is that he gets stripped of his GM duties first so that someone other than Thibs can trade Jimmy. Maybe Thibs gets to coach another season or half a season, but his time is done soon. Glenn is pissed.

What proof do we have that he is pissed at thibs. He didn't fire him. And that is terrible ownership to have a plan to let a guy draft and go through free agency just to strip him of his duties when the season starts.

If we start out bad I believe thibs gets fired but it is terrible for Glenn to have the big decision of trading butler to an interim GM who will be there for a half of a season

You have to start connecting dots and its pretty clear that Glenn doesn't like Thibs. Of course, he won't say it publicly but read between the lines and its quite clear. Glen felt he couldnt' fire Thibs yet after making the playoffs for the first time in more than a decade. But if we learn this week that Butler is just a rental, Glen will have good public reason to fire him at least as GM. The rumors of dissension in the organization and among players are too persistent and uncontroverted to not be believable and pretty much all of the dissension is either attributable to Thibs or Butler who Thibs traded away a lot of young talent for.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

KG4Ever wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
KG4Ever wrote:

You have to start connecting dots and its pretty clear that Glenn doesn't like Thibs. Of course, he won't say it publicly but read between the lines and its quite clear. Glen felt he couldnt' fire Thibs yet after making the playoffs for the first time in more than a decade. But if we learn this week that Butler is just a rental, Glen will have good public reason to fire him at least as GM. The rumors of dissension in the organization and among players are too persistent and uncontroverted to not be believable and pretty much all of the dissension is either attributable to Thibs or Butler who Thibs traded away a lot of young talent for.

You are making a lot of assumptions that fit the narrative of what your current thoughts are about thibs.

If Glenn did not like thibs and didn't think he was the guy for this team, he should of fired him. If he didn't fire him because how it would look to the public eye, that is pathetic and a terrible owner. Kahn did the same thing when he drafted wes over George because he was afraid of the media backlash.

In the end if Glenn doesn't think thibs can "fix" the situation of the wolves and he kept him anyways that is so much more detrimental than anything thibs could do.

I still believe even if Jimmy leaves the wolves are in a better spot today then they where even thibs took the job. I mean we would be a non playoff team in the lux tax the only one elite player on Kat and multiple big contracts for guys that haven't proved it.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Putting player beef on Thibs is absurd. These are grown men. Thibs isn't their babysitter. He's doing what he's supposed to in meeting with a franchise player before a contract year. At the end of the day this team just has too much talent to blow it up before games are played. Get everyone in the building. Play some basketball. This is all blowing up because there's nothing else going on.