Derrick Williams Trade

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Re: Derrick Williams Trade

Post by 60WinTim »

I swear, if there is a loose ball that two people are trying to get a hand on, Pek will NEVER come out with that ball. Now, if he does get his hands on it, it is his. But his "range" of touching balls is really small... :(

[Edit: oops, wrong thread!]
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

Camden wrote:Stein continued: Not yet known if deal could expand to include more pieces but if sealed would give Williams fresh start & reunite Luc M w/UCLA pal KLove

I'm thinking there's a first rounder involved. If so, I really like this trade. Seems pretty simple. Moute's one of the best defenders that doesn't get enough praise for his play on that end. I think it was Durant that really praised him a season or two ago.

I think this is a smart move, Luc can't be relied on for any offense whatsoever but he can help our defense with both the second and first unit. I know Fredette hasn't done anything to convince me he is any good but if we can swap Shved for him I would be delighted.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Volans19 wrote:
Camden wrote:Stein continued: Not yet known if deal could expand to include more pieces but if sealed would give Williams fresh start & reunite Luc M w/UCLA pal KLove

I'm thinking there's a first rounder involved. If so, I really like this trade. Seems pretty simple. Moute's one of the best defenders that doesn't get enough praise for his play on that end. I think it was Durant that really praised him a season or two ago.

I think this is a smart move, Luc can't be relied on for any offense whatsoever but he can help our defense with both the second and first unit. I know Fredette hasn't done anything to convince me he is any good but if we can swap Shved for him I would be delighted.

I like what it does for our unit if we really need to lock down on defense. Rubio, Brewer and Mbah A Moute when we need a stop. He's also a high IQ player if I'm not mistaken. $4M the next couple of years is fine for what he does.

I'd be in favor of Fredette for Shved as well. I trust Jimmer's shot a whole hell of a lot more than I trust Shved's.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

60WinTim wrote:But his "range" of touching balls is really small... :(

Quite the wordsmith you are!
TravisT [enjin:6669699]

Post by TravisT [enjin:6669699] »

TheSP wrote:
60WinTim wrote:But his "range" of touching balls is really small... :(

Quite the wordsmith you are!

LOL!
TravisT [enjin:6669699]

Post by TravisT [enjin:6669699] »

Our highest draft pick ever is going to be moot...literally. It's too bad it's come to this. The team's losing streak and now this; the positivity that surrounded this team is dwindling away. I'd say just hold on to DWill until the trade deadline. See if a team reaches for Williams. No way I want to see Moute in a Wolves uniform.

Couple of good, short breakdowns of Mbah A Moute's defense on big time scorers in the NBA. His calling card is defesne and boy he does it well. I think a lot of us was surprised when he was traded for two second rounders this off-season. Glad we eventually got him.

Luc Vs Melo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-V46LahrRw

Luc Vs KD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8dn2ImBkw0

Luc Vs Kobe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-myN0OrtIkw

Luc Vs Granger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mqF8OKP3f4
Monster

Post by Monster »

This is a no-brainer for me and a pretty good swap straight up. Luc gives this team its only true SF on the defensive end and it saves the wolves money down the road. Hopefully Luc is healthy. Sad how excited I am for this deal.

monsterpile wrote:This is a no-brainer for me and a pretty good swap straight up. Luc gives this team its only true SF on the defensive end and it saves the wolves money down the road. Hopefully Luc is healthy. Sad how excited I am for this deal.

I'm right there with you. At least Luc can be used and he's plus-plus at something. D-Will isn't plus at anything other than enjoying the NBA lifestyle.
worldK

Post by worldK »

At this point, I just hope we can get this over and done with. Williams has been a disappointment in his short nba career. Luc does have 1 elite nba level skill and could be a rotational player.

Im disappointed that it has to come to this. Highest draft pick in franchise history wasted.