Olympic basketball thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
WildWolf2813

Re: Olympic basketball thread

Post by WildWolf2813 »

As for Team Canada, I think Murray is mentally is still in that jail NAW and Order put him in
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:30 am
KG4Ever wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:01 pm Honestly, I don't like all the hype Ant's getting. And so what if he was leading scorer against Puerto Rico, who doesn't even have a starting NBA player among its roster. Its like Ant cooking against G Leaguers. I'd like to see more assists and rebounds out of Ant. I prefer that Ant stays grounded. A big headed Ant may leave Minnesota and those Dillingham picks will be gold for Spurs. Well, at least that's my fear.
This is like choosing to marry an ugly woman because she won't get catcalled and realize she has options.

If anything, hope Rob is good enough to join Ant in 4 years.

Prior to this last decade, the Wolves only had 3 players stick around this franchise longer than 7 years: West, Garnett, Mitchell.

Now we can add Rubio, Towns, and we've built a situation that allows us to add Edwards, McDaniels, and potentially Reid to that list.

1) Edwards having a good Olympics game has nothing to do with his long-term standing or ego.
2) We're going to hear a lot about Edwards moving on... nothing we can do about it. His friendship with Durant might be notable though. All we can do as Timberwolves fans is to enjoy the next 3-5 years. Edwards very well might move on, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the here and now.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

I think it depends on how you view his ascension, I have no doubt the second the team starts to regress we'll hear calls for him to demand out. I do believe that he would never leave us if we are competitive, I don't see him as the kind of person to chase the bright lights. he likes to show out but I have it on good authority that he is quite fond of being called the next face of the league while being able to chill in the midst of the reserved Minnesota media.

I'm happy for the Minneapolis St Paul market though, we have a player being called the next face, starring in movies, eight figure shoe deals, he's not being held back by our market size whatsoever.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:30 am As for Team Canada, I think Murray is mentally is still in that jail NAW and Order put him in
His ankle was clearly not 100% in the playoffs and it could still be bothering him.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

BloopOracle wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:52 pm I think it depends on how you view his ascension, I have no doubt the second the team starts to regress we'll hear calls for him to demand out. I do believe that he would never leave us if we are competitive, I don't see him as the kind of person to chase the bright lights. he likes to show out but I have it on good authority that he is quite fond of being called the next face of the league while being able to chill in the midst of the reserved Minnesota media.

I'm happy for the Minneapolis St Paul market though, we have a player being called the next face, starring in movies, eight figure shoe deals, he's not being held back by our market size whatsoever.
I've always found it interesting that big stars in the NFL, NHL, and MLB can thrive in almost any market, but the NBA seems to have some markets far more favorable than others (or at least perceived as such).
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Ingles is a hell of a bench warmer. Aussies are handling Serbia pretty well at the half.

On another note, good thing OKC moved Giddy to the East. We dodged a bullet there! And how the heck is Patty Mills still on the FA market?!? :D
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Rudy and Fournier out of the starting lineup for France and it’s paying off
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

kekgeek wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:26 am Rudy and Fournier out of the starting lineup for France and it’s paying off
As we've seen, he can really gum up an offense if you don't have guards that can get him catch-able balls on his rim rolls.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

60WinTim wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 8:29 am Ingles is a hell of a bench warmer. Aussies are handling Serbia pretty well at the half.

On another note, good thing OKC moved Giddy to the East. We dodged a bullet there! And how the heck is Patty Mills still on the FA market?!? :D
Giddy was a playoff liability for OKC.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Q-is-here wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:32 am
kekgeek wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:26 am Rudy and Fournier out of the starting lineup for France and it’s paying off
As we've seen, he can really gum up an offense if you don't have guards that can get him catch-able balls on his rim rolls.
Agreed. Him and Wemby have been bad together this tournament