Byron Buxton

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Monster

Re: Byron Buxton

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:New season, but even a worse result at the plate. He is now hitting .069 with an OPS of .203...I'm not going to look it up, but I'm fairly comfortable that is the lowest OPS in the league by a large margin. Making things even worse, he has struck out 17 times in 29 at bats!

I recognize we need to be patient with young players, but this is his third season and he is worse than ever. How long can they keep him up in the big leagues, much less keep him in the starting lineup?

It seemed in the past he would go into a funk (lost confidence) when he struggled at the plate. His defense wasn't always there either. If he is holding up on those 2 things keep him in there and wait for him to figure it out I think he will or at least enough to be a defensive whiz CF.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I wonder if he should bat lead off. Let him prepare to focus on getting up to bat right away. He could research the pitcher and prepare for it. Mentally it might make a difference. Do we have any stats for how he bats by position in batting order he is?
Monster

Post by Monster »

Man the OF for the Twins can't hit no matter who is out there. Buxton with 3 more strikeouts all looking. I just watched the condensed game but strikeouts 1 and 3 looked like really good pitches. Strikeout 2...looked like a ball you hate to take for strike 3.