NBA Off-Season Moves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: NBA Off-Season Moves

Post by Monster »

BizarroJerry wrote:Kevin Love 4 more years with Cle at 120 million. Ouch!

I think Love was wise to lock in that money if it was offered and it was but I think there is a real chance that turns out to be a value contract.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Yikes...$30 million for a guy who will be 34 at the end of this contract, has only a casual interest in defense, has never been considered a good teammate, and has only averaged 63 games a year over his 10-year career (yes, fewer than oft-injured Jimmy Butler)! Love is stealing from the Cavs.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

longstrangetrip wrote:

Yikes...$30 million for a guy who will be 34 at the end of this contract, has only a casual interest in defense, has never been considered a good teammate, and has only averaged 63 games a year over his 10-year career (yes, fewer than oft-injured Jimmy Butler)! Love is stealing from the Cavs.

Hard to understand what the Cavs front office was thinking on this one. Don't they realize they should be rebuilding? I don't see any sense in this for the Cavs. Kevin Love should give his agent a bigger cut for this deal.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

lipoli390 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

Hard to understand what the Cavs front office was thinking on this one. Don't they realize they should be rebuilding? I don't see any sense in this for the Cavs. Kevin Love should give his agent a bigger cut for this deal.

Probably in the minority here but I like the move for the Cavs. It's hard to bring in all star talent to Cleveland without LBJ. Now in 2 years all of their bad contacts are gone. (JR, Thompson). If Sexton develops they could have 2 all star talents with cap space including picks from 10-20. The bad thing is they owe the hawks a protected pick from the Korver trade.

Not everything is championship or bust, I like when teams keep their good players
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

lipoli390 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

Yep. That was Love's best steal he ever had.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

longstrangetrip wrote:

IN BOLD... seems pretty subjective...

How many All NBA players are willing to take 6 fewer shots per game... without complaining about it... while making 4 straight trips to the NBA Finals. What about him being benched in the middle of the NBA Finals... only to be dusted off to make a huge stop at the end of a Game 7 victory?

For all the angst and drama during Love's tenure in Cleveland, he seemed to earn a bit of James' trust over that time and Love took a lot of heat without wilting, whining or wallowing in pity.

Good teammate? I dunno.
Bad teammate? Meh. I wouldn't make a definitive claim there either based on the stuff above.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

lipoli390 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

25 teams can't rebuild at the same time.
Monster

Post by Monster »

We are around a year or 2 away from solid starters getting 20 million a year again. Lamarcus Aldridge became the focal point of an offense and look at the numbers he put up. If the Cavs run their offense through Love (or even if they don't) he will still have a good chance of putting up 23-11-4 or better and is a volume 3 point shooter. So 30 million a year for that doesn't sound so bad. The question is health which is why he signed this deal now and why he took a relative discount plus just locking in that money. I'm not particularly worried about his game aging poorly either (if healthy) because he never really relied on athleticism anyway. Koby Altman and the Cavs haven't exactly done anything so far to give them the benefit of the doubt on this deal though.
Monster

Post by Monster »

This is kinda funny.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/zach-lavine-diss-roasted-jimmy-famous-seafood-twitter-fight-2018/
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

anderson and melton to the suns for knight and chriss

suns playing booker at pg? IMO, they could use a guy like teague.