Rudy Gobert to the Timberwolves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Re: Rudy Gobert to the Timberwolves

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I'll take anybody at this point. Can we bring in Kyrie? How about Kemba? Smart?
D-Mac [enjin:19736340]

Post by D-Mac [enjin:19736340] »

This might be the worst trade I've ever seen (value wise), with the exception of what Brooklyn did for KG and pierce. That said, F it, let's go for it. We're gonna see a really good team on the court next year and we're obviously trying to win now, and as wolves fan it's hard to argue against that. It's huge that we were able to keep mcdaniels. We gave up guys that don't matter as much with gobert on the team (bev and Kessler, vando) It's absolutely not what I would have done, but I'll be one of the first to say I like it. Let's make sure the jazz get the 25th pick or worse every year. That's a heck of a starting lineup and honestly a heck of a bench.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Lip had been posting like crazy, and now we haven't heard a peep! Do we need to send someone over to check on him???
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Here is a problem: We gave up both Beverly and Vando. In a vacuum I couldn't care less about either of them. I'm not going to miss Beverly's antics one bit. But think of the toughness we just lost. Ouch. Good thing Prince was retained, but we need an enforcer and a point guard. Good thing we have the roster space now.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Wow. A misstep at first look. But maybe I can talk myself (and others) into it?

- The NBA is about to announce a new tv deal. It is a bonkers deal, so salaries will be astronomical ... even more than now. Enough that $40M is the new $25M? Dunno. Maybe.

- the Wolves have 2 of the top 4 centers in the league for multiple seasons.

- the wolves have one of the top young potential wings in the league.

- the wolves have role players w legit roles to surround them

- if it doesn't work... the wolves theoretically have three players they can trade to recoup the picks

I'm still not sold... but at least they're not irrelevant?!?!?
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Correct me if I'm wrong. 5 current players going out plus 4 first rounders? Who do we think this guy is? Herschel Walker?
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

60WinTim wrote:Lip had been posting like crazy, and now we haven't heard a peep! Do we need to send someone over to check on him???

He appears and disappears at the craziest times. But yeah, we need an amber alert for him right now. Just send over the paramedics
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

60WinTim wrote:Lip had been posting like crazy, and now we haven't heard a peep! Do we need to send someone over to check on him???

That could have been the final straw for poor ole Lip. Maybe we should call an Ambulance?

Or maybe he's over the moon and celebrating over a drink down at the local bar with Mrs Lip?
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

New era Twin Towers. Well we wont be outrebounded this season. Super interesting team. I guess Connelly is confident he can get those picks back with all of our talent.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

1st round picks are just to valuable. Especially for small market teams.