GDT: Wolves vs. Mavs - Getting Over the Hump Day

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Re: GDT: Wolves vs. Mavs - Getting Over the Hump Day

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I wonder if when a team is getting owned the refs adjust what they call.

Good to see Thad doing well. Hopefully he can continue this or he gets his trade value up before the deadline.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Yeah Bleed, I've been as disappointed with Thad as anyone, so I'm happy to see his resurgence the past couple games. I didn't expect him to rebound well, but I did expect him to play hard every minute like he did in Philly, and his lackadaisical attitude at times has been frustrating for me. But he has looked much more like the old Thad this week, and even better on the boards. I still like him as a high-scoring option off the bench for the Wolves going forward, but I agree that some playoff team may want to add him this year as a piece to improve their bench scoring. I think it's no secret that Flip is listening to all offers, and Thad's recent improvement has to improve the quality of the offers he may get.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Not sure how Thad's play is really going to affect his trade value. He has a body of work that spans multiple years of solid production. Most GM's understand that he's in a pretty dysfunctional situation in Minnesota. That's not to say him playing well isn't a good thing; I just don't think it is very meaningful in terms of his trade value. His contract and overall health are the two biggest factors in what Flip will be able to fetch for him. Most teams know what he's capable of doing when put in the right role with better players around him.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Q - I think his good play is like staging a house. It certainly helps. I am sure it makes more teams interested.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Good to see big stiff Pek back to give Dieng some rest. I wish Pek could be a little more lean and mobile like Gortat, but hey a guy can dream, right?

Another season with lots of questions to answer on how to construct this team for the next few years. We still don't know who the vets worth keeping are, which young guys need more development, and can Flip really keep pulling double duty.

We really only have 3 or 4 players that are guaranteed to be on this team next year. I hope Flipper can get a decent trade in the next few weeks. I hope we can see a good team the last 2 months of the season.

I hope. I hope.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I see Flipper is getting right to the root of the problem -

Andy Greder @twolvesnow 22 Jan 12:37 ET

After lamenting lack of energy Wednesday, #Twolves coach Flip Saunders has opted for indy workouts and treatments instead of practice today.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/minnesota_timberwolves#ixzz3Pev23gIg

Working on the team defense would be a complete waste of time I guess....

It's like Adelman never left the building.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

sjm34 wrote:I see Flipper is getting right to the root of the problem -

Andy Greder @twolvesnow 22 Jan 12:37 ET

After lamenting lack of energy Wednesday, #Twolves coach Flip Saunders has opted for indy workouts and treatments instead of practice today.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/minnesota_timberwolves#ixzz3Pev23gIg

Working on the team defense would be a complete waste of time I guess....

It's like Adelman never left the building.

I don't have a problem with giving the guys a day off in light of the recent road trip and how hard he's been riding a few of them in terms of minutes. Wiggins' legs especially looked tired these last couple of games.

However, I agree with your overall point of Flip viewing things through an offensive lens. His post game comments about our poor shooting and lack of hard cuts was very telling. Ahem....What about the freakin' defense Flip!?