What the Pek

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Papalrep

Re: What the Pek

Post by Papalrep »

Ricky gets 5 years at MAx --no one else, if Love didn't rate PEK damn sure won't
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

WildWolf2813 wrote:When you've been out of the playoffs for 9 years in a league where more teams get in than those that don't, there is no one else to blame but the owner. I've spoken about this many a time. He has to be held accountable for this entire run. I get that there's an attachment to him for several reasons, but winning in the NBA involves fearlessness, some ruthlessness and drive, qualities Glen hasn't demonstrated in almost a decade.

And I'm one who thinks Glen is cheap. Maybe cheap isn't the word, but definitely gun-shy which leads to him being more frugal. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money and for this team, maybe he has to spend a little more to get the results he wants, instead of trying to cut corners and reach the same conclusion.

WildWolf -- The record is clear that Glen is NOT cheap. However, you are absolutely right that Glen is ultimately responsible for this 9-year drought we've been experiencing. Money isn't the issue. It's Glen's judgment in hiring those who run the basketball operations.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

If Pek gets the Max I lost all hope for the timberwolves, and I don't know if I can support a team that is obviously that stupid
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Pek isn't getting the max from us. If he's sold on doing that, he can accept his 6M QO and play out next year and we'll see where we're at in a year. Probably results in a trade.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Taking the QO and then signing a max deal next season is actually a worse deal. He gets less money up front, about the same over the next four years, and takes a risk on getting injured. I would actually hope for him taking the QO, because I am not sold on him staying healthy.

What I don't understand is that several teams had cap space and the need at C and yet none made him an offer. What is leading his agent to believe he is worth that kind of money?

Did Flip corner himself by offering too much up front?
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I think when all is said and done this will be much ado about nothing. Pek will be a Wolf for the next 4 years and we will all forget about these negotiations very quickly. Don't blame Pek for not signing already. It's his agent's job to get him the best deal possible. A player earns the right to be a free agent under the CBA and you can't blame them for taking full advantage of the situation. Pek DOES want to be here and he will. He's just doing what he should do and that's getting the best deal he possibly can.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Cool, I don't have a problem with him trying to get the best deal possible, but I do have a problem with the wolves not doing the same. He has no other suitors from what I have seen, and he took a gamble that he would. I would reduce the offer, knowing that it is still his best deal.

I am also really tired of players digging for every dollar, and then crying when they can't put together a winner due to cap restraints. If at Pek's level, he wants a max deal he should be looking at a big market. Signing him to that deal here pretty much destroys the wolves going forward. I would sooner let him walk than pay him the max.
Squishypoo [enjin:6648839]

Post by Squishypoo [enjin:6648839] »

I sure hope there not giving him 12+M a year. I would say 10M is top's but i would perfer 8-9 .
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Squishypoo wrote:I sure hope there not giving him 12+M a year. I would say 10M is top's but i would perfer 8-9 .

Don' t set yourself up for disappointment by holding out false hope. The offer on the table is $50 million over 4 years. That's an average of $12.5 per year. What we don't know is how much of that amount is conditioned on meeting certain incentives. It had better not end up a penny more than $50 million.
Squishypoo [enjin:6648839]

Post by Squishypoo [enjin:6648839] »

lipoli390 wrote:
Squishypoo wrote:I sure hope there not giving him 12+M a year. I would say 10M is top's but i would perfer 8-9 .

Don' t set yourself up for disappointment by holding out false hope. The offer on the table is $50 million over 4 years. That's an average of $12.5 per year. What we don't know is how much of that amount is conditioned on meeting certain incentives. It had better not end up a penny more than $50 million.

Then he is a fool for not taking that offer the sec it was offerd to him... I like pek a lot,But the guy is hurt way too much for my liking. And this trying to hold off for a better offer crap is making me kind of dislike the guy.