DLo to the Wolves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
AbeVigodaLive

Re: DLo to the Wolves

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Q12543 wrote:Wow, I try to get some work done and the rest of the roster turns over!

This meets my "I only want DLO if Wiggins is gone" criteria, so there's that. I don't have a ton of faith that KAT and DLO can lead us very far. But damn, SOMETHING had to be done. We did not have a "let's just be patient with these guys" kind of roster, that's for sure. Rome was burning. Rosas had to act.

TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

Looks like DLo is slightly cheaper actually.

Andrew Wiggins 24 $27,270,000 $29,290,000 $31,310,000 $33,330,000
D'Angelo Russell 23 $27,285,000 $28,649,250 $30,013,500 $31,377,750
Monster

Post by Monster »

FWIW I just did a quick update to Wolves salary spreadsheet.

They have 11 players under contract for next season assuming Johnson picks up his player option and they keep Vanderbilt for cheap.

4 RFA

Beasley and Juancho with qualifying offers of around 4 million each
McLaughlin and Martin vet min qualifying offers.

Crabbe is the only other FA.

The wolves have a little over 10 million less salary than they did before these trades. They are over 30 million below the projected lux tax line. We have to add in the salary for a couple draft picks so that eats up most of the cap space they could have so they will likely keep some cap holds and operate as an over the cap team. They have money to resign a guy like Beasley give Juancho a few bucks pay Crabbe a few bucks and even utilize some of the mid level and still be under the tax. Im not saying that's what they will or should do but they have some ability to keep guys or do some things. If they Could just make life miserable for James Johnson...maybe bring back Thibs to do some consulting. Lol
Monster

Post by Monster »

TheGrey08 wrote:Looks like DLo is slightly cheaper actually.

Andrew Wiggins 24 $27,270,000 $29,290,000 $31,310,000 $33,330,000
D'Angelo Russell 23 $27,285,000 $28,649,250 $30,013,500 $31,377,750

Yes good catch you are right. Russell is also getting a bit less than Towns also. I wonder how that worked exactly. I think I remember hearing some reason why but yeah...he is cheaper let's rejoice!!! Lol
D-Mac [enjin:19736340]

Post by D-Mac [enjin:19736340] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:
BloopOracle wrote:He doesn't deserve to be crowned but hopefully this slows down some of the Rosas slander

He traded up to draft one of the worst shooters in the NBA and his team trying to push for the playoffs is pushing for a top 5 pick instead. None of it has been slander. He's been real bad so far and has a lot to make up for. You know who would look good at the 3 next to a PnR duo of Russell/Towns and who plays defense? The guy we just traded away for a mid-late first round pick.

I can't disagree with this. At all.

IF Covington was gonna be part of the trade for Russell, so be it. But looking at the two things being unconnected... I understand the Covington deal A LOT less.

We always hear about player timelines. Do you know what one of the worst historical player timelines is...

A bunch of young guns trying to "get theirs" at the same time. Covington was a pro who was liked by the star player who didn't need the ball in his hands much and was willing to play defense.

My guess is that he feels Beasley will be a solid starter so we will see. The mid round pick is meh. The rest of the package, meh. Kind of throwing darts it felt like. Cov is a bit older though so I do agree with Rosas about going young.

Was Covington not a solid starter? Beasley is reportedly gonna ask for about the same amount of money.

And the days of building a team that grows and learns together is a dying breed in today's NBA. The days that everybody is the same age is pretty meh... especially when it's an organization with so little successful collateral.

I can talk myself into the Russell trade. He might not be the guy we need. Heck, he's probably not. I get it. He doesn't play D and is inefficient at stuff. And he keeps getting traded. All fair.

It's harder for me to digest the Covington trade after seeing this one though.

Yeah the Covington trade doesn't make any sense with this one being next. Have to assume that they gave up on getting Russell and then something changed today
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Drunken Dribbler 22 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:
BloopOracle wrote:He doesn't deserve to be crowned but hopefully this slows down some of the Rosas slander

He traded up to draft one of the worst shooters in the NBA and his team trying to push for the playoffs is pushing for a top 5 pick instead. None of it has been slander. He's been real bad so far and has a lot to make up for. You know who would look good at the 3 next to a PnR duo of Russell/Towns and who plays defense? The guy we just traded away for a mid-late first round pick.

I can't disagree with this. At all.

IF Covington was gonna be part of the trade for Russell, so be it. But looking at the two things being unconnected... I understand the Covington deal A LOT less.

We always hear about player timelines. Do you know what one of the worst historical player timelines is...

A bunch of young guns trying to "get theirs" at the same time. Covington was a pro who was liked by the star player who didn't need the ball in his hands much and was willing to play defense.

My guess is that he feels Beasley will be a solid starter so we will see. The mid round pick is meh. The rest of the package, meh. Kind of throwing darts it felt like. Cov is a bit older though so I do agree with Rosas about going young.

Was Covington not a solid starter? Beasley is reportedly gonna ask for about the same amount of money.

And the days of building a team that grows and learns together is a dying breed in today's NBA. The days that everybody is the same age is pretty meh... especially when it's an organization with so little successful collateral.

I can talk myself into the Russell trade. He might not be the guy we need. Heck, he's probably not. I get it. He doesn't play D and is inefficient at stuff. And he keeps getting traded. All fair.

It's harder for me to digest the Covington trade after seeing this one though.

Yeah the Covington trade doesn't make any sense with this one being next. Have to assume that they gave up on getting Russell and then something changed today

It seems to be that GS wanted Wiggins more than they let on. I think Wiggins makes a lot more sense with their roster than DLO. They probably did too.

I don't know how anyone can dislike this trade. We desperately needed a lead guard who is a legit star on offense. Russell is a poor mans harden and this is rosas attempt at copying moreys harden trade. It's a good gamble in my opinion. We were the worst team in the league because we didn't have a lead guard on offense, now we do. I don't like towns as a person and Russell is probably the same, but I do think these two could be a great offensive combo! This is what we needed. I thought we would have needed at least 2 frps to do this particular deal. Rosas hasn't had many wins yet, but this trade is definite a win.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Yeah, its pretty clear that gsw wanted wiggs. The question was hiw much more coukd they get out of rosas.

After kats petulant behavior against the hawks rosas had no choice but to bring in dlo to appease kat.

monsterpile wrote:Honestly I'm shocked. Rosas got this done and it was for a guy in Wiggins most felt like it was time to move on from and a 1st round pick which...lets be honest we are the Wolves it's likely to be pretty valuable. Still Russell makes a TON of sense here. The Wolves have like 47 guys that MIGHt be worthwhile on the wing and some of them even defend. Towns and Russell are friends or whatever. That's gonna help at least for a while...keeping Towns from jumping ship. Wiggins value went up this season but Russell is having possibly his best year and he is playing with a roster of guys that's probably worse than the Wolves. His efficiency has gone UP. Defense? Sure but let's be honest Wiggins wasn't super great on that end either and I can live with a bad defending PG more than just a decent wing defender. Russell has the size to theoretically switch. My worry is whether or not he stays healthy.

Still can't believe this happened. I get some people aren't in on Russell. Hopefully there is something good that happens that makes everyone here happy...legit success for this franchise even if it isn't a championship a nice legitimately competitive team we can actually be proud of. Let's see. I hope Cool does come back and I honestly hope he enjoys following the bucks too. He has been a wolves fan he deserves to enjoy following a team. Lol

Good post
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Wiggins is going to win a playoff series before Russell does - FACT