NBA Off-Season Moves

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Re: NBA Off-Season Moves

Post by kekgeek »

The Thunder with these 2 signings will have the largest tax bill in NBA history. I think this is funny because they refused to sign Harden because of the Lux Tax. How time has changed
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:I'm not scared of a Lebron/PG Laker team. LeBron doesn't play D in the regular season so they won't be an automatically better regular season team. LeBron's also gonna trash all the team play Walton has been trying to build there. This is the West so there's no more regular season cakewalk for Lebron. They're also still super young outside of those 2 guys. I wouldn't favor us over them in a playoff series, but if we have a fully healthy team I think we have some players they would struggle dealing with themselves and it would be a good series. Getting blown out by 3's is really our only weakness and right now I only see two teams who can really take advantage of that.

You should be scared. LeBron is still the best player in the League. He led the Cavs to the finals this past season playing with the likes of Kevin Love, Tristin Thompson, Jose Calderon, Kyle Korver and Jeff Green. He led the League in minutes and carried a team that would have been a lottery team without him, even in the East. With the Lakers he wouldn't just be paired with Paul George. He's be surrounded by Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and Hart. He's also likely have other very solid vets who sign at the vet minimum for the chance to win a championship. Strange that anyone would think that LeBron would kill team play. He's one of the most unselfish superstar scorers to ever play in the NBA. He's a great passer.

There's a reason Lebron teams completely fall apart with him off the floor while teams like Houston and GS barely miss a beat when CP3 and Steph missed big chunks of this season. He warps the team around him so they have no ability to play without him. Sure he passes the ball well. He also just takes possessions off and and tells teammates to generate something without a play while he rests. He's the best don't get me wrong, but there's a reason he needs to play 45 minutes a game in the playoffs. They have no idea how to play with him on the bench and without Kyrie they had nobody who could just get a bucket when he needed rest.

I think you are vastly underrating the bloodbath that is the west. The West had 10 teams win 40 games to the East's 8. With LA getting Lebron in this scenario and Memphis getting their 2 best players back from injury, that's 12 teams fighting to win 40 games and he'd be on one of the youngest of those 12. I think he's coasted in a complete joke of a conference and would feel the pain of trying to win the West and would likely not even make it out of the second round.

Actually, I'm with you Kahns on what you're calling the West Conference bloodbath. Now that Paul George is probably staying in OKC, I'm not sure I see LeBron going to the Lakers and even if he does, the Lakers won't be the team they'd be if they could sign both LeBron and Paul George as free agents.

There are so many contracts being handed out it feels like teams already have some sort of idea what is going to happen with Lebron. Every signing I see makes me think there is a better percent chance that Lebron stays with the Cavs another year. Yeah some of the guys there aren't exciting but he still has Love and some other young talent in closing a top 10 pick. I didn't do a big study on Collin Sexton but I did watch some highlights today and I was impressed with some of his scoring instincts. His shooting...idk but they need another shot creator there so I can see sole value in him. Yeah he is a rookie but hey you never know sometimes those guys are pretty good quickly.

Meanwhile the Lakers...what exactly have they don't that's so special you want to go there? Pick worthwhile guys outside of the lottery? Ok yeah that's good. The Cavs aren't the greatest organization but Lebron will have more familiarity...which could be good or bad. Maybe that will be what makes him want to leave in the end. Lol
Monster

Post by Monster »

kekgeek1 wrote:
thedoper wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:Paul George 4yr Max to the Thunder

Good for George. The thunder management really are top notch. Great work by them.

I
lipoli390 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:3 years 27 million for J Grant to return to the Thunder. Love these teams spending money. Hopefully the Wolves can have patience and it pays off.

I think you're right, Monster. At this point, the Wolves just need to hang back and pick up the remaining scraps at the NBA minimum. Who do you think will be left when the dust settles for the Wolves to pursue?

Guy I actually want is Seth Curry/Hezonja/Connaughton/KCP/Ellington

I would also love to take a flyer on Anthony Randolph who is trying to get back in the League, he is still only 27 and has had some solid success overseas (What the hell did I just type)

Lip I'll help save you from yourself typing AR again. lol I was gonna say pass anyway but he turns 29 on July 15. I saw him play in the Pan Am games...nope. Finally when he turns 29 I won't hear Rod Stewart's "Forever Young" play in my head when I see his name. :)
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:I'm not scared of a Lebron/PG Laker team. LeBron doesn't play D in the regular season so they won't be an automatically better regular season team. LeBron's also gonna trash all the team play Walton has been trying to build there. This is the West so there's no more regular season cakewalk for Lebron. They're also still super young outside of those 2 guys. I wouldn't favor us over them in a playoff series, but if we have a fully healthy team I think we have some players they would struggle dealing with themselves and it would be a good series. Getting blown out by 3's is really our only weakness and right now I only see two teams who can really take advantage of that.

You should be scared. LeBron is still the best player in the League. He led the Cavs to the finals this past season playing with the likes of Kevin Love, Tristin Thompson, Jose Calderon, Kyle Korver and Jeff Green. He led the League in minutes and carried a team that would have been a lottery team without him, even in the East. With the Lakers he wouldn't just be paired with Paul George. He's be surrounded by Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and Hart. He's also likely have other very solid vets who sign at the vet minimum for the chance to win a championship. Strange that anyone would think that LeBron would kill team play. He's one of the most unselfish superstar scorers to ever play in the NBA. He's a great passer.

There's a reason Lebron teams completely fall apart with him off the floor while teams like Houston and GS barely miss a beat when CP3 and Steph missed big chunks of this season. He warps the team around him so they have no ability to play without him. Sure he passes the ball well. He also just takes possessions off and and tells teammates to generate something without a play while he rests. He's the best don't get me wrong, but there's a reason he needs to play 45 minutes a game in the playoffs. They have no idea how to play with him on the bench and without Kyrie they had nobody who could just get a bucket when he needed rest.

I think you are vastly underrating the bloodbath that is the west. The West had 10 teams win 40 games to the East's 8. With LA getting Lebron in this scenario and Memphis getting their 2 best players back from injury, that's 12 teams fighting to win 40 games and he'd be on one of the youngest of those 12. I think he's coasted in a complete joke of a conference and would feel the pain of trying to win the West and would likely not even make it out of the second round.

Actually, I'm with you Kahns on what you're calling the West Conference bloodbath. Now that Paul George is probably staying in OKC, I'm not sure I see LeBron going to the Lakers and even if he does, the Lakers won't be the team they'd be if they could sign both LeBron and Paul George as free agents.

There are so many contracts being handed out it feels like teams already have some sort of idea what is going to happen with Lebron. Every signing I see makes me think there is a better percent chance that Lebron stays with the Cavs another year. Yeah some of the guys there aren't exciting but he still has Love and some other young talent in closing a top 10 pick. I didn't do a big study on Collin Sexton but I did watch some highlights today and I was impressed with some of his scoring instincts. His shooting...idk but they need another shot creator there so I can see sole value in him. Yeah he is a rookie but hey you never know sometimes those guys are pretty good quickly.

Meanwhile the Lakers...what exactly have they don't that's so special you want to go there? Pick worthwhile guys outside of the lottery? Ok yeah that's good. The Cavs aren't the greatest organization but Lebron will have more familiarity...which could be good or bad. Maybe that will be what makes him want to leave in the end. Lol

If I'm LeBron I would have been excited at the prospect of joining Paul George in going to the Lakers with a supporting cast of Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart. But without Paul George, I'd probably stay in Cleveland or take my talent to Philly.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Wolfson is reporting the Wolves are interested in Tolliver
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Trevor Ariza 1yr 15mil to the Suns (Big hit to the Rockets)
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Ed Davis 1yr 4.4mil to the Nets
Monster

Post by Monster »

kekgeek1 wrote:Trevor Ariza 1yr 15mil to the Suns (Big hit to the Rockets)

Wow good news. Stay patient Wolves.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

monsterpile wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:Trevor Ariza 1yr 15mil to the Suns (Big hit to the Rockets)

Wow good news. Stay patient Wolves.

Would love for a team to steal LRAM from them now. That would be a gigantic loss for them now.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Derrick Rose back in Minnesota on a 1 year deal (no money announced yet)