The Love-Wiggins Deal Thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Re: The Love-Wiggins Deal Thread

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Oh, and Lip...you need to stop calling the new Cavs coach by the name of the beer that got me through college. It's David Blatt, not Blatz :) .
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

longstrangetrip wrote:Oh, and Lip...you need to stop calling the new Cavs coach by the name of the beer that got me through college. It's David Blatt, not Blatz :) .

Ha, it looks like "Blatz" is gonna have his hands full if this proposed deal goes through. Wow, from coaching Tel Aviv to possibly the NBA's 2nd or 3rd best team? Cheers to you Blatz!

I've never seen Thompson or Waiters play, but if we got both of them with Wiggins, this sounds like a great deal for us based on what I've heard.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

longstrangetrip wrote:Oh, and Lip...you need to stop calling the new Cavs coach by the name of the beer that got me through college. It's David Blatt, not Blatz :) .

Lol. Thanks, Long. Although I'd rather he change his name to fit what I've been calling him. Is that beer still around? If so, you should buy a case to celebrate if this deal happens.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

BizarroJerry wrote:

Ha, it looks like "Blatz" is gonna have his hands full if this proposed deal goes through. Wow, from coaching Tel Aviv to possibly the NBA's 2nd or 3rd best team? Cheers to you Blatz!

I've never seen Thompson or Waiters play, but if we got both of them with Wiggins, this sounds like a great deal for us based on what I've heard.

Fun fact about Tristan Thompson that a few of you probably already know...

He changed from shooting left-handed free throws... to right handed last season. And I believe he actually improved.

Needless to say, he's a decent player but he won't be dominating with his shooting.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

To make the numbers work Cleveland will likely have to add haywood and felix while taking back Turiaf. It is the only way Cleveland keeps a C on the roster, while satisfying the CBA rules that I think makes sense.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oze395y
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

sjm34 wrote:To make the numbers work Cleveland will likely have to add haywood and felix while taking back Turiaf. It is the only way Cleveland keeps a C on the roster, while satisfying the CBA rules that I think makes sense.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oze395y

I think you're right, unless the Cavs have cap room not reflected in the ESPN trade machine. That could be possible if the Cavs haven't picked up the option on Varejao. My sense is that the ESPN trade machine is correct, which means the latest report isn't completely accurate.

Another way for the deal to work without the Cavs giving up Haywood would be Bennett and Thompson instead of Waiters and Thompson. Then the Cavs would just need to throw in Felix or Dellavedova to make the deal work. I tend to think that's the most likely deal. Why? Several reasons. First, it works under the CBA without the Cavs giving up there only big guy. Second, Waiters fills more of a need on the Cavs than Bennett does because Bennett plays the positions that will be occupied by Love and LeBron while the Cavs don't even have a sure starter at SG ahead if Waiters. Finally, the Cavs are clearly in a win-now mode. Waiters played substantial minutes last season and put up good numbers. In contrast, Bennett was absolutely horrible last season and has yet to show he is an NBA player.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

mrhockey89 wrote:
TheGrey08 wrote:wow.. so unsigned 1st round picks don't count towards the cap in a trade. That's the dumbest shit I've heard. 1st round picks are slotted into salaries... THAT should be the figure that counts against the cap in a trade. Stupid NBA...

I actually think it works in the Wolves favor since all the Cavs have are lower salary young players with upside...just means they have to add another piece :)

True, but I think they were going to give 3-4 key assets anyway. Wiggins being unsigned doesn't allow the Cavs to take back as much salary which is the issue for me. The deal is much better if one of the ~5mill wings is going to the Cavs.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

This trade just in:

Love, Dieng, LaVine for Wiggins, Bennett, future 1st

Don't you love how wide the gap is in these proposed trades? Personally, I think the one above is fucking terrible. But, I don't see Cleveland doing the one proposed earlier in this thread either.

As usual, it will probably shake out somewhere in between... if it happens.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:This trade just in:

Love, Dieng, LaVine for Wiggins, Bennett, future 1st

Don't you love how wide the gap is in these proposed trades? Personally, I think the one above is fucking terrible. But, I don't see Cleveland doing the one proposed earlier in this thread either.

As usual, it will probably shake out somewhere in between... if it happens.

I'd rather keep Love than do that deal. The Cavs can have anyone with Love other than Rubio, Dieng or LaVine. I might part with Shabazz if necessary but only as a last resort.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Agreed. No way we take that deal. That's terrible.