Rudy Gobert Contract

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
KG4Ever

Re: Rudy Gobert Contract

Post by KG4Ever »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:25 pm NAZ scores 20 points per 36, those guys aren't easy to find. And he hasn't even started his prime yet. I'd hate to see him leaving the Wolves turn into an Alex English situation. I know I'm old, but look him up.
As good as Naz's offense has been during his career, his defense has been worse. He's a career negative player. Sell high on the hype!
FNG

Re: Rudy Gobert Contract

Post by FNG »

KG4Ever wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:49 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:25 pm NAZ scores 20 points per 36, those guys aren't easy to find. And he hasn't even started his prime yet. I'd hate to see him leaving the Wolves turn into an Alex English situation. I know I'm old, but look him up.
As good as Naz's offense has been during his career, his defense has been worse. He's a career negative player. Sell high on the hype!
Don't get me wrong...I love Naz. Have ever since I saw him in summer league (along with JMac). And he is an unbelievable shooter for a big man and also has great post footwork. But after 5 years, it's impossible to conclude that he is a positive player, and I agree that TC needs to sell high and move him. Yes, his defense does not seem to improve. But as I've said before, he actually has a worse impact on the offense when he is on the court than the defense...in each of the past four years, the Wolves have done significantly worse on offense when he is on the court than when he is off. This is four full seasons with more than 1000 minutes per season (over 1900 last season)...nobody can argue about the size of this sample! Why he hurts the offense is painfully clear to me...he almost never screens, and when he does, he is terrible at it. And he is a ball-stopper...nobody moves when Naz is on the court, because they know they aren't going to get the ball.

It's not going to be a popular move because Naz is immensely popular. But TC is a smart guy and sees the same numbers we do (as well as understanding the financial ramifications of a Naz extension), so I'm fairly certain we will see him move Naz effectively this upcoming season.