Vikings Training Camp 2020

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Monster

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2020

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I forgot all about Hollins. Good stuff. I have not been paying to much attention with work being busy and focusing on boating this summer. I think the Vikings will play a lot of press with help over the top. That is tough for CB's but we have 2 good safeties to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc1oIT4-y44

https://thevikingage.com/2020/07/17/3-reasons-alexander-hollins-vikings-wr3/

I've been pretty busy too. Enjoy that summer...I forget its been summer partly because it didn't really get hot here till sometime in July. Not everything has sucked in 2020 I guess. Because of the pandemic there have not been many of the typical summer things I would have normally done. The last few weeks just seems like a hot rest of the year. lol I was also looking for a new job and that was stressful and plenty distracting. Every once in a while I'll check on sports but usually its a friend sending me something that gets me started especially if its the Vikings. I guess sometimes its a suggested youtube video that I stop to watch.

The report I read had Bisi as the top guy getting 1st team snaps and it said Kubiak said they will be playing multiple players so he would consider 4 WRs basically starters. I think there is a chance it will be a solid group. Only time will tell but I'll say the fact that Bisi had a nice season last year is a positive for belief they know what they are doing at the position to at least some extent. The positives about Beebe continue to be heard...as well and the qualifier...as long as he stays healthy!
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

It is a crazy summer. Another weekend another lake. We hit Okoboji last month. That lake is a hoot.
Lots of political flags. We are rocking the American Flag on our boat.

Looks like Bisi might beat out Justin Jefferson. I was not a fan of that pick or Jeff Gladney (He is the same age as Holton Hill at 23 years old)

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/21/report-vikings-wr-bisi-johnson-is-clear-no-2-option-right-now-ahead-of-justin-jefferson/?fbclid=IwAR2MemXTmvhG8Ag6exC1Ytm9K_ki2QWqG03moH5sIy-t7jfrWlZWzEiTVoI
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

bleedspeed177 wrote:It is a crazy summer. Another weekend another lake. We hit Okoboji last month. That lake is a hoot.

Looks like Bisi might beat out Justin Jefferson. I was not a fan of that pick or Jeff Gladney (He is the same age as Holton Hill at 23 years old)

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/21/report-vikings-wr-bisi-johnson-is-clear-no-2-option-right-now-ahead-of-justin-jefferson/?fbclid=IwAR2MemXTmvhG8Ag6exC1Ytm9K_ki2QWqG03moH5sIy-t7jfrWlZWzEiTVoI

Isn't Bisi supposed to be on the outside and Jefferson in the slot? Everything on Jefferson around the draft shouted slot receiver.
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:It is a crazy summer. Another weekend another lake. We hit Okoboji last month. That lake is a hoot.

Isn't Bisi supposed to be on the outside and Jefferson in the slot? Everything on Jefferson around the draft shouted slot receiver.

Yep that's what actual breakdowns from media that attended practices were saying a few days ago. Some of these fan "articles" are tiresome.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

An excerpt from the Daily Norseman on the potential 53 man roster:

"Offensive Line (11)
LT: Riley Reiff, Rashod Hill

LG: Dakota Dozier, Aviante Collins, Ezra Cleveland, Blake Brandel

C: Garrett Bradbury, Brett Jones, Kyle Hinton. Jake Lacina,

RG: Pat Elflein, Dru Samia

RT: Brian O'Neill, Oli Udoh

If at any point this off-season, and particularly after the draft, someone said Dakota Dozier and Pat Elflein would be the starting guards this season, the voices of displeasure would've been deafening. And yet here we are. For all the talk about Oli Udoh, Dru Samia, Aviante Collins, and Ezra Cleveland, the Vikings appear to be going with experience over potential and talent. Perhaps with the shortened off-season and training camp they felt that was the safest option, but it's beyond belief that it's the best. I'm not surprised Cleveland isn't there yet with his technique- he is a loser from the shortened off-season- but Dozier and Elflein have never been good, and it's staggering that they haven't at least looked at Udoh inside at guard, or that there isn't someone better than Elflein for the other guard spot. Brett Jones, for example. If you asked me earlier this summer if Dozier, Elflein and Reiff would be on the 53-man roster I would have guessed not, for different reasons, and yet they're all likely starters at this point.

The report from Friday's more intense practice was that Shamar Stephen and Jaleel Johnson were having their way with the interior offensive line. As much as I'd like to believe that's because both defensive tackles have taken a big, and totally unprecedented, step forward in their game, the more likely reason is because the competition along the Vikings interior offensive line is simply inferior to even mediocre defensive tackles.

Prior to Friday's practice Mike Zimmer was asked who his starting left guard is, as he said they'd likely make a decision after only a few padded practices, but he said that was still a work in progress. Gary Kubiak said they'd have meetings about the offensive line this weekend, but based on how things are playing out one wonders if they'll give anyone else a real shot at a starting job. It's pretty late to start giving Udoh reps at guard, but perhaps giving some other interior linemen some reps with the ones may be worthwhile.

And so here we are, for the umpteenth year, looking at pretty much the same situation. Why did they cut Josh Kline again? One wonders if a guy like Samia, who they expected to step-up, just hasn't done so. One also wonders what the plan is for Udoh, who looks like he should be among the best five, certainly compared to guys like Dozier and Elflein, and yet he seems an afterthought."

Looking like another year of an interior shit show. Just in time for Rick and Zim to get extensions. Also looks like Hughes and Gladney are fighting for the slot corner spot out of the gate so it's always good to have 2 recent 1st round picks in the secondary not even be able to start on the outside. The 3rd rounder (Dantzler) is looking better than the first rounder which is exactly why I've always fucking said if Zimmerman is the corner whisperer let him find his guys in the later rounds and use the high picks on actual needs.

Interior of line sounds awful. Rummors are our DT's are manhandling our interior OL. That would be good, but we know our DT's are not very good.

Here is some news on the DL.

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/08/vikings-danielle-hunter-michael-pierce/?fbclid=IwAR36jfozNOh182nRk9a2G_Qvfvtl_ps6F_Ep6jY8XR4KN1Z0P2BlQFSJaBw

I loved the Kenny Willekes pick. I didn't like D.J. Wonnum pick. So that doesn't surprise me.

I loved the James Lynch pick, but her is not flashing much. Armon Watts looks to be the interior backup.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I came out of retirement and joined the fantasy football league at the new job. Its a good way to get to know people and how seriously will I really need to take it? The season could end week 7 or all the guys I draft not be able to play. The guy that runs the league was apologizing for not getting it going sooner. I said "You are doing it right you may as well have waited till now." lol

I might have to do that this year. as a team-building exercise. Any ideas on the best software?

BTW - Didn't the Vikings practice yesterday? Patterson seems to be the leader of the team on the social matters front.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I might have to do that this year. as a team-building exercise. Any ideas on the best software?

BTW - Didn't the Vikings practice yesterday? Patterson seems to be the leader of the team on the social matters front.

The only platform I've used in the past few years is ESPN. The last time I did it a few years ago the APP was really good you can pretty much do everything from there. I can't really think of a reason to use a different platform unless you have some sort of specific thing you want to do that the ESPN league doesn't. Some other people have used Yahoo...which seems to be an actual thing (Media company) again. My favorite fantasy leagues years ago were the ones where players were basically stocks that went up and down. Well...football makes sense for those if you want to have a life because checking my league every day for baseball or basketball...nope never gonna do that again.

They did practice. If you have the time watch Zimmer and Patterson's media availability on social justice from a couple days ago. It's about 17 mins if I remember right and worth it IMO.

Not a bad read on OL

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2020/9/1/21417456/vikings-ol-this-is-the-plan?fbclid=IwAR1mZtGU9tM5Lj7xSOHHSSZzUFh782ndyfHy7znJVQi3A5Jvi7O6thuuuak