Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by Monster »

It's 2 games in but I'm leaning towards going full Thibs and LST...keep Butler and let's see what happens. The best deal we have seen reported basically means paying near max money (when you consider total salaries of the players coming back) for what might be a complimentary player not a true max guy. If someone comes with a real offer that is something close to real value for Butler then yeah let's talk but bring something legit or don't call.

Part of that is I just don't see a team with super awkwardness at this point. Jimmy is just Jimmy having fun and also kicking butt and he isn't in top form yet. This team did some nice stuff in the first 2games and it seems like there is a chance it actually has some depth. Now I gotta get out of the habit of checking twitter for details om Butler 17,598,417 times a day.
Big O [enjin:13874644]

Post by Big O [enjin:13874644] »

Is butler a sign and trade candidate if he plays for wolves all year? Would that be an option to consider if the right trade isn't available?
Monster

Post by Monster »

Man after listening to Butler after this game and saying we didn't know the whole story I think I know the Answer. He hates Scott Layden and that's the whole problem but Thibs is so loyal to him he won't fire him just because of Jimmy. My guess is Layden told Jimmy that Dominos were dumb and he should play checkers and then told him some dry joke that REALLY pissed Jimmy off. FIRE LAYDEN!!!

Jk wait why is Jimmy want out? Um...We won't know till Jimmy tells us. Whatevs I'm starting to wonder if this really is some sort of performance art by Butler. Lol
Monster

Post by Monster »

Big O wrote:Is butler a sign and trade candidate if he plays for wolves all year? Would that be an option to consider if the right trade isn't available?

Yeah that's an option. Just to compare Chris Paul opted into his player option (which Butler has but it's less money than what Paul opted into) to get to Houston and the Clippers got some nice stuff back in that deal and got out of Crawford's bad contract.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

sjm34 wrote:Gery Woelfel: NBA teams aren't exactly blowing away Minnesota officials with offers for ex-Marquette standout Jimmy Butler, Sources say the Heat offered Josh Richardson, Kelly Olynyk and a protected first-round pick. Twolves wisely took a pass.
- via Twitter GeryWoelfel

Yeah, Pat Riley can go fuck himself. Straight up.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

monsterpile wrote:It's 2 games in but I'm leaning towards going full Thibs and LST...keep Butler and let's see what happens. The best deal we have seen reported basically means paying near max money (when you consider total salaries of the players coming back) for what might be a complimentary player not a true max guy. If someone comes with a real offer that is something close to real value for Butler then yeah let's talk but bring something legit or don't call.

Part of that is I just don't see a team with super awkwardness at this point. Jimmy is just Jimmy having fun and also kicking butt and he isn't in top form yet. This team did some nice stuff in the first 2games and it seems like there is a chance it actually has some depth. Now I gotta get out of the habit of checking twitter for details om Butler 17,598,417 times a day.

I'll never forgive Lip for lumping me in with Thibs...I'm leaving the board if this outrage continues :) !
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

longstrangetrip wrote:
monsterpile wrote:It's 2 games in but I'm leaning towards going full Thibs and LST...keep Butler and let's see what happens. The best deal we have seen reported basically means paying near max money (when you consider total salaries of the players coming back) for what might be a complimentary player not a true max guy. If someone comes with a real offer that is something close to real value for Butler then yeah let's talk but bring something legit or don't call.

I'll never forgive Lip for lumping me in with Thibs...I'm leaving the board if this outrage continues :) !

Lol. I know that was a low blow. But your deserved it. :) I'll confess that there a part of me that wants to see Jimmy Butler remain with the team this season. But the problem is that he doesn't want to be here and will eventually leave. The more we watch the team with Butler the more we'll get sucked into the joy of it all. But all along, we have to know that we will probably wake up one day and find that the rug has been pulled out from under us and the joy obliterated with the news Jimmy has been traded. Or pehaps he doesn't leave until next summer, at which point we have nothing of value in return for him. Either way, it's bad. So as you and Monster morph into fan versions of Thibs, I will soldier on alone as the singular voice of reason. :) Meanwhile, I might catch a glimpse of LST in the crowd incessantly screaming obscenities and constantly barking directions at Wolves players. Then I'll know the metamorphosis is complete. :)
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

lipoli390 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

Lol. I know that was a low blow. But your deserved it. :) I'll confess that there a part of me that wants to see Jimmy Butler remain with the team this season. But the problem is that he doesn't want to be here and will eventually leave. The more we watch the team with Butler the more we'll get sucked into the joy of it all. But all along, we have to know that we will probably wake up one day and find that the rug has been pulled out from under us and the joy obliterated with the news Jimmy has been traded. Or pehaps he doesn't leave until next summer, at which point we have nothing of value in return for him. Either way, it's bad. So as you and Monster morph into fan versions of Thibs, I will soldier on alone as the singular voice of reason. :) Meanwhile, I might catch a glimpse of LST in the crowd incessantly screaming obscenities and constantly barking directions at Wolves players. Then I'll know the metamorphosis is complete. :)

It's amazing that we can look at this situation so differently. I see Butler leaving as a great thing for the intermediate and long term health of the franchise. I will have a very good day when he gets moved or moves on. His incredulousness about why the fans would boo him last night shows what a dumbass he truly is.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

It's amazing that we can look at this situation so differently. I see Butler leaving as a great thing for the intermediate and long term health of the franchise. I will have a very good day when he gets moved or moves on. His incredulousness about why the fans would boo him last night shows what a dumbass he truly is.

I'm with you. So he gives an exclusive interview to shit on the team and his teammates but doesn't tell "the whole story"? The only thing he left out was the truth. That his fragile ego can't handle making the same amount of money as KAT. We need to move on, there's no way he should be part of this franchise long term with the shit he is pulling.
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

Didnt he also get MVP chants?