QB Shuffle

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Re: QB Shuffle

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Rodgers wanting out of Green Bay.

It sounds like the 49ers made a huge offer before the draft. I don't put it past Rodgers to hold out and think he holds the cards. If I was the Packers I would see about a trade for Russell Wilson. It would be interesting to see who would do better-swapping places.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Rodgers wanting out of Green Bay.

It sounds like the 49ers made a huge offer before the draft. I don't put it past Rodgers to hold out and think he holds the cards. If I was the Packers I would see about a trade for Russell Wilson. It would be interesting to see who would do better-swapping places.

The whole thing is just bizarre. I get it if he wanted to go to the 49ers but the Broncos? If I was Rodgers I might be more pissed about them taking a RB last year than a QB. I know you really liked Dillon which was why it probably didn't bother me as much as some fans. From everything I read Jamal Williams wanted to stay and he didn't exactly sign for a ton of money with the Lions. So drafting a RB last year didn't seem like a smart play. I think drafting a QB was more defensible especially because Rodgers was looking like he was just good...of course this last season he was awesome again.

Meanwhile the Jags took a Rb in the first round when they had James Robinson an undrafted Rookie FA who played very well last year. I get BPA if that was truely the case and maybe Robinson isn't a total stud just a good player but still kinda weird.

Anyways back to Rodgers I'll believe he is traded when it happens. I really don't get what he is actually upset about. They are 13-3 each of the past 2 seasons and it feels like the D is getting better there which was a problem for years (along with injuries especially to that unit). I have a friend that's hard on his teams that basically said Rodgers hasn't been getting it done in big games...I think he is probably being too hard on him but there is probably some merit to what he is saying as well.

KFAN was talking that Rodgers let this out just to get in the teams head.

Drafting RB in 1st round is a dicey situation for me. I think young QB's get killed behind bad OL's and not having a good running game. I like what the Jets did with getting Tucker. I am was fine with Bengals taking Chase though since I think they go OL in day 2. That team could get sneak good on offense this year with Burrow, Mixon, Chase, and company.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:KFAN was talking that Rodgers let this out just to get in the teams head.

Drafting RB in 1st round is a dicey situation for me. I think young QB's get killed behind bad OL's and not having a good running game. I like what the Jets did with getting Tucker. I am was fine with Bengals taking Chase though since I think they go OL in day 2. That team could get sneak good on offense this year with Burrow, Mixon, Chase, and company.

I think if you don't have a RB or you want to help a QB or he is BPA and you don't have a pressing need sure. But unless James Robinson really isn't all that good (possible) then it seems a bit of a waste for the Jags. Steelers may have had other needs but drafting a RB that seems to fit what they do makes sense to me. Was their really an Olineman that that was worth passing over a really good RB for? Idk but it didn't seem that way to me.

I am guessing the Jags thought of James Robinson as a so-so back. Travis Etienne is certainly faster and already knows how to play with the QB1.

Good read on what Jaguars are thinking. Hint former Viking with migraines.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31373210/jacksonville-jaguars-urban-meyer-lauds-one-got-away-kadarius-toney-human-highlight-reel
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Good read on what Jaguars are thinking. Hint former Viking with migraines.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31373210/jacksonville-jaguars-urban-meyer-lauds-one-got-away-kadarius-toney-human-highlight-reel

Thanks for posting. That makes sense if it can come to fruition.

monsterpile wrote:

I didn't know much about Travis Etienne or how much he lined up out wide.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-draft-comps-travis-etienne-profiles-like-a-top-tier-running-back
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-draft-comps-travis-etienne-profiles-like-a-top-tier-running-back

FWIW AJ Rose the undrafted Rb the Vikings signed ran a 4.4 at his pro day also. His ability as a pass catcher and blocker are questioned but he is a very smooth runner and somewhat intriguing especially as a special teams guy at 6'1" 215 with that kind of speed.

monsterpile wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

FWIW AJ Rose the undrafted Rb the Vikings signed ran a 4.4 at his pro day also. His ability as a pass catcher and blocker are questioned but he is a very smooth runner and somewhat intriguing especially as a special teams guy at 6'1" 215 with that kind of speed.

We signed some athletes that is for sure. That kid from Iowa State is a burner too. SI did an article on him. I thought it was odd drafting a backup, but he backed up Bear RB David Montgomery and Breece Hall who was first team All-American as a freshman.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/05/01/kene-nwangwu-is-the-nfl-draft-sleeper-you-want